• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Gary McAllister

davewebbsbrain

Webby⭐
What a knob...reckons other teams playing leads treat it as a cup final.

Living in the past....Leeds were a big club once, now a L1 club like the rest of us.

I hate Leeds scum, and his comments sum it all up!!

Well thats unlucky to Leeds, that means everyone will be playing their best and if Leeds are playing rubbish then goodbye Leeds :)
Hope they enjoyed their lovely trip back up north yesterday, must've got home at 1 or 2 :D Serves them right!

im not being funny but he is probably true. Yes they are in league one but alot of the players playing against them now probably remember leeds when they were in the champions league and were a great side, thats why they want to win even more.

And lot of the fans that came out of the woodwork last night only came out because it was Leeds... wouldn't it be great if we could generate that support week in week out!!!

Definitely made a difference...

And lot of the fans that came out of the woodwork last night only came out because it was Leeds... wouldn't it be great if we could generate that support week in week out!!!

Definitely made a difference...

to be fair there were 2000 away fans which bumped up the gate

What a knob...reckons other teams playing leads treat it as a cup final.

Living in the past....Leeds were a big club once, now a L1 club like the rest of us.

I hate Leeds scum, and his comments sum it all up!!

Not sure he can be too criticised for these comments. The attendance, effort and general attention to Leeds seems to back up what he says. They are a big pull to some who remember the 70's, 92 team or 2000 team.

I can't be bothered to look up the stats but I wouldnt be surprised if their visits add on 500-1000 onto teams' average attendances.

im not being funny but he is probably true. Yes they are in league one but alot of the players playing against them now probably remember leeds when they were in the champions league and were a great side, thats why they want to win even more.
It was probably the same when Forest went down all them years ago. Maybe if Leeds stay in the football league a few more years there may be a huge change in passion?

They live off their name. Bottom line is, they are League One status like the rest of us and until they get promotion, they are nothing more, nothing less - end of.

Not sure he can be too criticised for these comments. The attendance, effort and general attention to Leeds seems to back up what he says. They are a big pull to some who remember the 70's, 92 team or 2000 team.

I can't be bothered to look up the stats but I wouldnt be surprised if their visits add on 500-1000 onto teams' average attendances.

There are in our division for a reason, forget the 70's, 92 or 2000..that's the past. They are a L1 team like us, trying to get out of this division. McAllister has dillusions of grandeur I am afraid!!

Dear Mr McAllister,

It's not that we all wet ourselves with excitement when Leeds come to town, but rather arrogant comments like "these teams treat playing Leeds like a cup final" that make us want to beat you so much. So go on, say it again....

Yours sincerely,

League One.

At which stage does he call it a cup final?

http://www.leedsunited.com/page/LatestNewsDetail/0,,10273~1436239,00.html

So your saying the players weren't up for last night more than saturday at Bristol? Also were did the extra fans come from? I watched a league cup tie earlier in the season and there were less than 3k

Regardless of whether we are a big club or not we have a draw that not many other teams do.

Look at the attendances for last season and this. See if you can notice who the majority of highest crowds are against and compare that to the averages.

if only there were a chant that could sum up our collective hatred for the scummy associates of Leeds Utd...

It was the same when Man City and Forest were at this level, most teams crowds were bigger for these fixtures than most.

That's the way it goes when a historically big side comes down to this level.

There are in our division for a reason, forget the 70's, 92 or 2000..that's the past. They are a L1 team like us, trying to get out of this division. McAllister has dillusions of grandeur I am afraid!!

Still dont agree. The fact you state in your post you 'hate the leeds scum' will no doubt be echoed across the country, which is why people pay that little bit more attention to Leeds.

Not sure anyone but local rivals would say things like 'I hate the Swindon / Scunthorpe / Hereford scum'. The fact there is so much vitriol towards Leeds is just evidence of this...as is the increase in attendances they bring. McAllister was not saying they are the better team than us or anything like that, but rightly pointing out that they are a fixture other teams look out for.

I too have a general dislike of Leeds fans and hope Ken Bates steers them to oblivion, but I cant dispute their presence on the fixture list makes the league that bit more glamorous.

if only there were a chant that could sum up our collective hatred for the scummy associates of Leeds Utd...

There is. Were not famous or a big club anymore i know yet you enjoy singing a song about us why :unsure: Do you do that for Bristol Rovers?

At which stage does he call it a cup final? [/URL]
http://www.leedsunited.com/page/LatestNewsDetail/0,,10273~1436239,00.html

So your saying the players weren't up for last night more than saturday at Bristol? Also were did the extra fans come from? I watched a league cup tie earlier in the season and there were less than 3k

Regardless of whether we are a big club or not we have a draw that not many other teams do.

Look at the attendances for last season and this. See if you can notice who the majority of highest crowds are against and compare that to the averages.

Southend 1 Leeds 0

GARY McALLISTER says he is sick and tired of losing cup finals — especially as Leeds play at least one every week.

The Elland Road club were sent spinning to a fourth straight away defeat by Dan Harding’s super strike.

McAllister insisted: “We can’t hide behind teams treating games against us like a cup final.

“They’ve just come off a 4-2 spanking at Bristol Rovers and their manager would have been looking for a reaction. So they’ve worked their socks off for the win.”

Harding curled home an 18th-minute free-kick.

Shrimpers boss Steve Tilson said: “It was a fantastic result.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article1868542.ece

There is. Were not famous or a big club anymore i know yet you enjoy singing a song about us why :unsure: Do you do that for Bristol Rovers?

Because of the comments that come out of the club, theres a certain arrogance about them, and the certain group of fans like those at ipswich that time who tend to stir up trouble at any oppertunitie. Theres also that same arrogance about most of the fans, who seem to think they desearve to be in the biggest league and competitions. Fact is if they desearved it they would be there.

Still dont agree. The fact you state in your post you 'hate the leeds scum' will no doubt be echoed across the country, which is why people pay that little bit more attention to Leeds.

Not sure anyone but local rivals would say things like 'I hate the Swindon / Scunthorpe / Hereford scum'. The fact there is so much vitriol towards Leeds is just evidence of this...as is the increase in attendances they bring. McAllister was not saying they are the better team than us or anything like that, but rightly pointing out that they are a fixture other teams look out for.

I too have a general dislike of Leeds fans and hope Ken Bates steers them to oblivion, but I cant dispute their presence on the fixture list makes the league that bit more glamorous.

:clap: :clap: Nail on the head. We ARE a league one club on merit, no-one is questioning that. You deserved to win, i doubt you will find anyone that disagrees but that was a special performance last night. Someone on here compared it to the man yoo game. If you played like that every game you would be top of the league by a mile as would Millwall, Peterborough etc who also beat us.

Back