• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Gary Megson makes it 9 out of 24.....

PaulC

So Gary Megson makes it 9 Managers who have left their posts as managers as one of the 24 league one managers who where in charge when the season kicked off in August. What price success, and failure? Whilst we look nervously at Tilson, thinking will he be 'poached' by a larger club, the question I want to ask is, how long will Paul Brush remain a No.2? Paul Brush is responsible for a lot of very good youngsters making their way through the higher league, I would have thought he would be the most likely person to move on.
Any thoughts?
PaulC

as a former first team manager rather than his current asssitants position im sure he will fancy another crack at the job. Whether or not he would sacrifice what he has at present is a tough call. nobody can doubt that his experience has been vital for tillys success and if he decided to leave he woud be dearly missed.obviously he and his family are based in the area so i cant imagine he would move if he was offered anything out of the area. any ambitious club who were interested in the perimeter of what he sees has reasonably close could possibly interest him

I tend not to agree. Paul Brush seems to have found his focation in life ie:a damn good coach. I think he sees himself in a coaching position rather than management role as he has half the grief and all the glory. And long may that be the case.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Sebastian Weetabix @ Feb. 17 2006,21:28)]I tend not to agree. Paul Brush seems to have found his focation in life ie:a damn good coach. I think he sees himself in a coaching position rather than management role as he has half the grief and all the glory. And long may that be the case.
Spot on. I think he knows his limitations and is happy being part of a management team rather than the one to be shot at. I don't think either Tilly or Brush would have the success on their own here or even together anywhere else.

They seem to work well as a partnership. A lot of management teams have been double acts - Clough & Taylor, for example. Not all number 2s are suited or even want to be first team managers.

Why has this been moved? Its about our assisstant manager which is Southend related is it not?

Tilly wouldn't be as succesful without Brushy, and equally I don't think Brush makes a great manager...

Still, I remember all those Borient fans laughing at us when we appointed Brushy and saying relegation was almost guaranteed...

Who's got the last laugh now?!?
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Whatever @ Feb. 18 2006,22:12)]Tilly wouldn't be as succesful without Brushy, and equally I don't think Brush makes a great manager...

Still, I remember all those Borient fans laughing at us when we appointed Brushy and saying relegation was almost guaranteed...

Who's got the last laugh now?!?
biggrin.gif
erm........ is it us
rock.gif

Back