• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Gary Moore R.I.P

Very sad news again.
Gary Moore was a very underestimated player who always gave everything.Like most people have written. A player in an era when Southend/football entertained....RIP Gary,thanks for the memories
I still think that when Southend played Chelsea in the old League Cup at Roots Hall in Sept 72 ,,had Gary not been injured Southend would of won .

That's very sad news, saw many of his goals, a winner at Southport springs to mind (if my memory is correct), I was right behind the goal! (As I was for the Brentford hole in the net 'goal', was that Gary?)

After scrounging a lift in the team coach after a 4-0 defeat at, yes, Grimsby, on a cold Tuesday evening, they stopped for food on the way back & Gary offered me some of his chips ?

R.I.P. Gary
Can't even have ketchup these days, let alone chips - a real legend for our Club and part of the best strike force ever to represent SUFC in my lifetime without a doubt.

Still remember the look of shock or horror ! when as a young kid me and a couple of mates knocked on his door at Little Hays in Leigh for his autograph.Another memory , a miss in front of the North Bank from a couple of inches which defied the laws of science.......That late 60s era he was involved in was full of great characters including Gary RIP
Another childhood memory sadly gone

Gary Moore R.I.P.
Great centre forward and great goalscorer for the Blues.
But he did have a temper on him.
Which is where my favourite Gary Moore story comes in.
It was a Friday night home game at Roots Hall and I think the 71-72 promotion season,
Gary had thrown a punch or two in the first half and been given his marching orders.
We continued to watch the game and at the final whistle me & Ollie(r.i.p) raced up Vic Avenue to have a beer in the bar that used to be at Victoria rail station.
As we walked in we noticed sitting in the corner calm as you like with a pint in hand was none other than Gary Moore, he gave us a wink and a cheeky smile.
Being teenagers and not really sure how to respond we gave him the thumbs up dashed out of the bar and just burst into instant doubled up laughter outside the station.

Great tributes and memories. Although before my time.....just...always sad to hear of an ex Shrimper passing, player or fan.

Gary Moore R.I.P.
Nice that you took the time to comment on Gary, clearly you never had the opportunity to witness, with Billy Best, the little and large act that they were, our most successful double goal scoring act. I must confess that I had a tear in my eye when I heard the sad news of his passing. R.I.P. Gary Moore.

Back