• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Gas and Elec Advice

pringlejon

Pringello Indexinator
Am renting a student property and have yet to receive a gas or leccy bill with only 50days left on our contract. We have put money away incase a bill comes through, but legally, is it down to us or landlady to contact gas/elec companies to get bills or if we ignore the lack of bills and hope none come, will we be free come end of contract to leave without paying a penny and have a massive ****up?

You will have to pay, not your landlord. Your using the gas/electric not them, unless you've got a contract with the landlord that all bills are included when you hand over money every month?

If you shift, you'll still have to close your account with them and so you will have to pay the amount that's owed before you shut it.

BTW, who's your suppliers?

As a landlord I have had this problme before when tennants dont pay the final bill etc.

I have never been liable before and the utilities companys normally persue you to the hilt. I wouldnt personally risk your credit score on this.

Yeah, all very sound advice.

Alternatively, you could beat the living snot out of this old scrote of a landlady, set fire to the house (just to be sure) then spend the cash you've saved on booze, drugs and one of those fat kissograms.

There's no way you can lose.

Kind Regards

Should i be contacting the gas and leccy companies myself then when i get back to the house on monday or do i just keep waiting?

As others have said, you're liable and don't think the energy supplier won't hunt you down. Six months after graduating I recieved a bill for the house I stayed in during my second year.

Should i be contacting the gas and leccy companies myself then when i get back to the house on monday or do i just keep waiting?

Personally would do it myself as you dont want to be worrying about it forever more. You may need to ask your land lady who the suppliers are?

Personally would do it myself as you dont want to be worrying about it forever more. You may need to ask your land lady who the suppliers are?

And dont forget to give meter readings as well....some companies are good on under-estimating and so you'll end up with a huge bill when you cancel with them.

I was living in a flat once where the guy who owned it didn't pay the bills for ages, we got demands for hundreds and hundreds of pounds which had nothing to do with us. Anyway one day I was at home on my lunch break and the door bell went so I answered it (not checking like I normally would!) and it was the gas man (gaaaaaaaas maaaaaaaaaaan!!). Two goons appeared from behind him and took the gas supply off the wall and basically buggered off, this was in january we spent 2 weeks in that flat with no hot water or heating! I moved back to my folks for a couple of weeks and was proper ill thought I had pneumonia at one point!

Back