• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

TV Highlights Gateshead v Southend, 19/11/22, NL

Chris Powell's mate

First XI⭐
Extensive high(low) lights from yesterday and around three minutes in one of the commentators reckons Ndi's whack to the head as he saves from the onrushing forward was 'dangerous play' from the keeper!

Earth calling Gateshead...

thenobster

Chief Punk
Up until the second goal, we were top team. loved how the defence played out from tight spots with confidence. Cav.. what a player. Love Powell, but understand why the home fans called him 'cheat', imaging if that was the opponent player? Colin.... still not sure. Cardwell... linked up well with Mooney.. both got to start Saturday

THE SEVENTIES NORTH BANK

Life President⭐
Going by that there were a lot of positives. A tighter game by chances than the scoreline suggests. I loved the determination and speed of Cardwell for setting up Mooney. Cardwell may get a start next game and get the usual 70 minutes or so, that Kev likes to give players coming back from injury. Wreh clearly needs that break and a refresh.

ColinMorrisWalksOnWater

Assistant Head Coach⭐
The first goal set us back on our heels as we'd looked good to then. I just wish Colin had held his 6 yard line, for the second goal, as there wasn't the need to come as far out to a player who was only going to shoot with his first touch in the box, as he was going wide, so just hold the line and take the angle. Chances at both ends. On another day we could have got a couple. Why Powell wanted a touch from the flicked header, just bury it! Perhaps he was surprised it got through to him, I guess. Great work from Cards to set up Mooney and nice to see Mooney hit the back of the net.

Let's not get too despondent, but make sure we get a result at Aldershot to get us back on an upwards trajectory

in the know

Newbie⭐
Heard Kev wasnt too amused at missed chances but after the unbeaten run there were no bellowing reprimands. The lads have done well and its about regaining the momentum next sat
Wasnt there and listened only but looks a horrible ground!

londonblue

Topgun Pilot
Extensive high(low) lights from yesterday and around three minutes in one of the commentators reckons Ndi's whack to the head as he saves from the onrushing forward was 'dangerous play' from the keeper!

Earth calling Gateshead...

9.17 odd. Did the co-commentator really say "Celebrating in front of the right back. Just what you want to see." Or have I mis-heard it?

Chris Powell's mate

First XI⭐
9.17 odd. Did the co-commentator really say "Celebrating in front of the right back. Just what you want to see." Or have I mis-heard it?
Will have to listen again.
Was it in retaliation for the throw-in from which Powell tried to score, or have I got my timeline mixed up?

Chris Powell's mate

First XI⭐
Heard Kev wasnt too amused at missed chances but after the unbeaten run there were no bellowing reprimands. The lads have done well and its about regaining the momentum next sat
Wasnt there and listened only but looks a horrible ground!
It's not a football ground, is it?
I find it strange that in a football-mad city, there isn't a tad more enthusiasm for a fifth tier club.
No PL on Saturday should have encouraged a few more than 1100 to see a decent game against a former FL club. I've removed our support.
But no.
If I had been Gateshead I would have offered all Magpies season ticket holders half price entry or something.
52,000 a couple of miles away most weeks; 1,000 on a good day at Gateshead. Weird.