• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Napster

No ⭐
Former Dulwich Hamlet midfielder Gavin Rose has been named as the Ryman League Division One South club’s new manager.

He replaces Craig Edwards, who quit along with assistant Paul Downes last week after failing to come to an agreement of next season’s playing budget at a meeting with chairman Jack Payne and club owner Nick McCormack.

Edwards, who had been in charge at Champion Hill since replacing Wayne Burnett in May 2007, insisted his departure was an amicable one, but he did not feel he could do the job with the resources at his disposal.

Edwards was twice named manager of the month durin his time at Dulwich – in November 2007 and December 2008 – but they finished just twelfth last season.

Rose (pictured), 32, has built a reputation with the ASPIRE Academy, which has produced Wolverhampton Wanderers’ George Elokobi among others.

Rose played for Wimbledon, Charlton, QPR and Southend before a successful non-League career with the likes of Gravesend, Bromley, Hampton & Richmond Borough, Carshalton Athletic, Tonbridge Angels and Dulwich.

He arrives from Beckenham Town, where he came within a whisker of winning the Bulmers Cider Kent League.

I've also looked on the A-Z sites for players at QPR, Charlton and Wimbledon, he appears on neither. I think someone maybe telling porkies.

I did find a Gavin Rose that turned out for Dover in 2005.

Last edited:
Rose speaks from experience. He was a young midfielder at Wimbledon, Charlton, QPR and Southend before he played non-League football and began coaching youth soccer

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/feb/01/1

he was also Player manager at Beckenham Town

Sounds like a Non League Journeyman according to this 2007 article in the NLP

CENTRE MIDFIELD
Gavin Rose – Met Police
I’ve known him for years and played with him at more places than I can remember. At Gravesend he got the nickname of “Turn Out” because he could turn out of any situation. Great passer as well who should have played much higher than he did.

he's 32 and from the tone of most of the interviews he was released by the 3 pro clubs as a kid (as aspire is aimed at young footballers not offered pro contracts) I would say he was let go by us over 16 years ago.
This was an era when i don't recall that many youngsters coming through the ranks (Spinner excepted)

Back