• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Gavin Strachan

I always thjought he was crap.

He's been writing a blog all last season on the BBC website on the life of a low division footballer, and to be fair its been a good read. He's honest about his own limitations as a player, & actually comes accross as a really nice ordinary bloke. Unlike his old man..

He did score a good goal but I generally thought he looked totally uninterested in an agreed poor side. I can never forgive a **** poor performance at bournemuff away when we lost badly.

Now at Corby.

Gavin Strachan has signed for Blue Square North newcomers Corby Town.

The 30-year-old midfielder has been a target for Steelmen boss Graham Drury for the past month.

But it appeared the Corby boss had missed out on the son of former Scotland international and Celtic boss Gordon as he looked set to join Blue Square Premier side Kidderminster Harriers.

But after Harriers stalled on the deal, Strachan opted to come to Rockingham Triangle and be part of Corby's first season in Blue Square North.

"He basically got fed up with waiting for Kidderminster to actually make him an offer," said Drury.

"He knew I was still interested and he's looking to set up a coaching school with his dad so we suited his needs very well. He knew we wanted him to play for us so he's decided to join.

Strachan has been a free agent since leaving Coca-Cola League Two side Notts County in the summer.

He started his career with Coventry City when his father was manager of the Sky Blues and made fifteen Premier League appearances in six years.

He then went to Scotland to play for Dundee and Motherwell before returning to England to play for Peterborough United, Southend United, Hartlepool United, Stockport County and Peterborough again before signing for Notts County at the start of 2008.

"Gavin has real eye for a pass, he's very good on the ball, neat and tidy in his play and he can open up a defence with his vision," said Drury.

joined Glasgow Celtic as first-team coach (was previously Peterborough assistant manager).

Back