• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Just read that myself but it is not surprising in view of his rich vein of form that he is currently in. Hope that we offer him a new contract pretty dam quick as I wouldn't want to lose him. Apparently his contract runs out in the summer. Hopefully by then we'll be in League 1 ourselves so he might as well stay with us as move to another League 1 side.

I could have written that "report" about any top scorer in any division .......... I am surprised that some of the more statistical minded contributors haven't analysed a set of Pie in the Sky "reports" and calculated how many were actually correct. I would guess at less than 10%.

Having said that having a player on fire and with 6 months remaining does make you think. He is not at the start of his career but then he has experience. Clearly Tomlin (and his agent) also have to think about their financial security as well.

I could have written that "report" about any top scorer in any division .......... I am surprised that some of the more statistical minded contributors haven't analysed a set of Pie in the Sky "reports" and calculated how many were actually correct. I would guess at less than 10%.

What do you define as being "correct"?

I don't believe that Sky or anyone else in the sporting media sit around tables making stories up. They're fed stories by agents, by players, by clubs, by third parties and everyone has an agenda. My instinct would be that this story is about Tomlin's agent putting a story out there to either get him a better contract here or try to get some interest from another club.

Cant see Sturrock letting any of his players go right now .If uncle Ron pulls the rug from under our promotion push I think it would be the final nail in his coffin . The supporters would string him up .

I cant see this really. Yes he is playing out of his skin, but his overall record for scoring isnt actually that great. He did well at Gills as well last season but i wouldnt have said when we signed him he was a proven goalscorer, more of a winger. So if potential buyers are looking at his record they may not be overlly impressed.

We signed Tomlin (on a 1-year contract) on the same day that we signed Straker (on a 2-year contract).

Wish they'd been the other way round now...!

Cant see Sturrock letting any of his players go right now .If uncle Ron pulls the rug from under our promotion push I think it would be the final nail in his coffin . The supporters would string him up .

Ron will do whatever he has to do to keep this club going. He does realise that Tomlin is a massive asset at this moment in time and getting promoted this season is worth more than the 100k figure mentioned. I do wish people would not put in derogatory remarks about Ron Martin on every thread. If Ron did have to sell one of our best players due to financial reasons, he would be as, if not more upset about it than you.
If we are offered silly money for Tomlin then he would have to listen. It would also come down to what the player decides he wants at this moment in his career.
If a league 1 team offered Ron 250k and the player a lucrative 3 or 4 year contract. They would both be mad to say no.

Back