• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Gender neutral toilets in schools

TrueBlue

SJP Taxi & Private Hire ⭐️
Apparently there are now calls for gender neutral toilets in schools because around 1 percent of students are not sure what gender they are.

Words fail me

Discuss

Apparently there are now calls for gender neutral toilets in schools because around 1 percent of students are not sure what gender they are.

Words fail me

Discuss

My advice would be for SZ's to exercise caution next time you go for a slash in a primary school.

Words fail me

Discuss

There is a 6 (probably 7 now) year old girl in my kids school who was a girl in year 1 and came back for year 2 as a boy.

There is a 6 (probably 7 now) year old girl in my kids school who was a girl in year 1 and came back for year 2 as a boy.

It's not particularly unusual now, which is a good thing. Parents and services, in general, are much more understanding and accepting of transitioning, even at a young age, compared to just a few years ago. However there's still a long way to go, and the abuse and suffering that transgender receive is still utterly appalling. Trans people are many times more likely to be the victim of violent assault, sexual abuse, police abuse and to commit suicide. People might still struggle to get their head around transgender people and transitioning children but, as MK says above, it doesn't really affect you does it?

Oops... forgot this post was on SZ.

*LOL ladyboys*

It's not particularly unusual now, which is a good thing. Parents and services, in general, are much more understanding and accepting of transitioning, even at a young age, compared to just a few years ago. However there's still a long way to go, and the abuse and suffering that transgender receive is still utterly appalling. Trans people are many times more likely to be the victim of violent assault, sexual abuse, police abuse and to commit suicide. People might still struggle to get their head around transgender people and transitioning children but, as MK says above, it doesn't really affect you does it?

Oops... forgot this post was on SZ.

*LOL ladyboys*

I understand they are more accepting etc but what I can't get is how a 6 year old can decide they want to be a boy. And how the parents just go with the transgender route. Whatever happened to Tom boys, what if it's just a phase?

I understand they are more accepting etc but what I can't get is how a 6 year old can decide they want to be a boy. And how the parents just go with the transgender route. Whatever happened to Tom boys, what if it's just a phase?

You wouldn't understand because it's clearly not been an issue or situation for you or your friends/family. A child can understand that how they feel 'inside' about who they are is completely different about why they physically look like/have, and what society says they should look like/dress etc. Young children can express and understand that something is wrong. Personally I find that really upsetting, and we should be doing more to help and support these young children who are in a complex and very difficult situation.

Some people may feel transgender, but not feel like they need to make a full or physical transition, and so being a tom boy might be the solution for that particular person. It's their body, their life.

Well obviously you didn't have that gene in you that made you think like that. Maybe it is a phase, who knows? When they grow up then they can make the decision if they want to make it permanent. Perhaps if it was more accepted when kids are 6 or 7 then maybe when they have to go through this awful teenage years, there will be less bullying and more acceptance.

My daughter can be a right tomboy sometimes (picks up all manner of bugs, spiders and worms without a second thought for example) but at the same time be an absolute girly girl dressed in pink and singing Let It Go at the top of her lungs. Everybody is different.

A six year old boy at my sons school decided he wanted to play for Southend United.

Where are the parents in this let alone social services.

I understand they are more accepting etc but what I can't get is how a 6 year old can decide they want to be a boy.

Maybe to stand a better chance of getting into the police force in later life?

I was a right tomboy aged about 7, short haircut, played with cars and trains, climbed trees, rode bikes and always rebelled at being made to wear the same dresses as my younger sister. My sister was the girly one playing with dolls and having tea parties. Turns out I was the one who had kids and she never did.

I do personally think it's a bit young for children to do this so definitely, have known many boys at pre-school who loved dressing up in the "princess" dresses, but have turned out perfectly normal in later years.

The world has gone barking mad !

Just seen the story about "student safe space":stunned:

Crazy world.

Back