• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Looking forward to this and the Gervonta davis vs Leo Santa Cruz fight in the early morning, which is free to air on Channel 5!

Reactions: GBJ
Well, theres a difference between walking someone down, and simply walking forward. Wlad was excellent at walking people down, because he had the tools to do so, i.e. great tank, good reach, tight guard, good footwork & a stiff jab.

I look at Chisora, and I don’t see any of that. All I see is a plodder tbh. His footwork & movement isn’t much cop these days, and he’s not got the tank to go for 12+ rounds with a high work rate.

So that’s why I say he won’t be walking Usyk down.

I’d expect him to come forward looking for Usyk, but then he’ll either be kept on the end of a jab, or forced onto the back foot once Usyk starts switching the angles and landing cleanly.

I’m not overly concerned about the weight increase for Usyk in this fight (although it’ll be interesting to see how much he’s put on), but you’re absolutely right that it will have an effect at some point... likely when he faces a genuine contender.

If he fought Fury for example, Fury has a great knack of leaning all over his opponents & rag-dolling them at every opportunity, which saps their energy. With the extra weight, Usyk may very well go into deep waters that he’s never experienced before. It will definitely be a factor.

As for this weekend, I’m more interested to see if he can take a HW punch. Chisora’s not the biggest puncher (and can be very sloppy at times, especially with those overhand rights) but I hope he can catch him clean once or twice, so we can see exactly what’s what.

My prediction is an Usyk points win, but if Chisora tires quickly - which I am expecting tbf - then Usyk could very well win via stoppage, with an unanswered flurry of shots

Sticking with this.

I won’t be paying the £20 for privilege of it though.

Also, not sure if this has been mentioned yet (haven’t read the last page) but set your recorders for Channel 5 tonight, as it’s Gervonta Davis Vs Leo Santa Cruz. An absolute cracker of a fight which is unbelievably free-to-air.

Edit: @Chalky has already mentioned it. Great fight... and for free!! Can’t knock it

So the two guys who clearly know boxing a lot better than me don't give Chisora a hope in hell ?

Really hope you are wrong but doubt you will be. Would love to see Del boy spring a last surprise in his career.

So the two guys who clearly know boxing a lot better than me don't give Chisora a hope in hell ?

Really hope you are wrong but doubt you will be. Would love to see Del boy spring a last surprise in his career.

FWIW mate, I’d happily agree with you!! Trouble is, Del Boy has had several last chances, and they’ve all amounted to **** all ??‍♂️

Chisora surprised me, his plan was obviously to end him early. Took Usyk by surprise but now he is ****ed!

Sticking with this.

I won’t be paying the £20 for privilege of it though.

Also, not sure if this has been mentioned yet (haven’t read the last page) but set your recorders for Channel 5 tonight, as it’s Gervonta Davis Vs Leo Santa Cruz. An absolute cracker of a fight which is unbelievably free-to-air.

Edit: @Chalky has already mentioned it. Great fight... and for free!! Can’t knock it

Shame that they’ve put two belts from two different weight divisions on the line for that :ROFL: :ROFL:

Tank needs to smash Santa Cruz to put himself back on the radar. He’s been pretty inactive and just hasn’t got himself the fights to push him forward. He’s a beast and if he can stop being a bellend will end up being a great.

**** me all you can hear is that Scouse **** Tony Bellend! Someone shut him up!

Not quite the performance I expected but an almost shut out. Some pathetic cards and scores going around! I saw draw and even Eddie Hearn saying this could go either way :Facepalm:

I’d like to see the winner of Whyte v Povetkin 2 fight Usyk.

Not quite the performance I expected but an almost shut out. Some pathetic cards and scores going around! I saw draw and even Eddie Hearn saying this could go either way :Facepalm:

I’d like to see the winner of Whyte v Povetkin 2 fight Usyk.
I thought the two 115-113 scorecards were about right. Del boy is obviously a gatekeeper and Usyk has earning potential so Usyk was never going to fall fowl to a dodgy scorecard in this match. If that fight was against AJ he would have lost on points, it wasnt convincing enough. Usyk won but he didn't silence those who doubt his heavyweight credentials IMO. Usyk is obviously an intelligent fighter so I wouldn't rule out that he'll use this experience to do things differently and taylor himself for heavyweight. As it is I think he might have problems in this division, next fight will tell us a lot more.

I thought the two 115-113 scorecards were about right. Del boy is obviously a gatekeeper and Usyk has earning potential so Usyk was never going to fall fowl to a dodgy scorecard in this match. If that fight was against AJ he would have lost on points, it wasnt convincing enough. Usyk won but he didn't silence those who doubt his heavyweight credentials IMO. Usyk is obviously an intelligent fighter so I wouldn't rule out that he'll use this experience to do things differently and taylor himself for heavyweight. As it is I think he might have problems in this division, next fight will tell us a lot more.

I still think the only person who sleeps easy is Fury. He 100% gives AJ problems still.

Reactions: GBJ
Anyone watch the Davis - LSC fight?

Spoiler Alert;

Absolutely stunning shot from Davis. I was genuinely worried for LSC when he was on the floor. He was out cold

Anyone watch the Davis - LSC fight?

Spoiler Alert;

Absolutely stunning shot from Davis. I was genuinely worried for LSC when he was on the floor. He was out cold

A stunning shot yes but against someone who is not a lightweight! Someone who not that long ago was a super Bantam, and only one fight at super feather.

He then jumps in against one of the biggest lightweights out there who is notorious for not making weight. Luckily he managed to buck his idea and make weight.

Great uppercut and Santa Cruz was out before he hit the canvas.

Statement made, he now needs to chase the champions. He needs to fight Haney, Lopez, Loma or the winner of Campbell v Garcia. If he cannot get anyone of these fights he needs to consider moving up and chasing the 140 champs. The lad has bags of talent just needs to keep his out of ring antics to a minimum and stop trying to be Mayweather.

The big fight for everyone would be Haney as you have the whole Mayweather protege rhetoric that goes with it. Whether that will happen I don’t know. That all depends on what Lopez does. He could quite easily move up to 140 and fight the winner of Taylor vs Ramirez and become back to back undisputed champs in two weight divisions. That then gives Haney the chance to fight Davis. I think Lopez might stay and shut up the email champion Haney then move up. Then the belts will end up all over the place and Davis will end up chasing a vacant belt no doubt.

A good talent and hopefully he ends up more of a Mayweather career wise then a Broner.

I still think the only person who sleeps easy is Fury. He 100% gives AJ problems still.
He'll give give him problems I am sure. If the next fight was Joshua I'd back Joshua personally. Obviously it isn't and Usyk will no doubt improve as a heavyweight. I think Usyk v wilder could be interesting too. I want to see a decent shot landed on Usyk by a heavyweight before I make my mind up.

But dont worry Deontay you can always get a job as a bouncer at a night club

I think Wilder may need professional counselling. His ego just won’t let him believe he was beaten by the better man.

Unfortunately for him, I think he’s surrounded himself with hype men, and they have lead him down a very dangerous path.

Obviously his claims are as bat **** crazy at they come, but if these thoughts are allowed to fester in his head for too long, they will eventually take over... and stepping into a boxing ring with delusions or grandeur isn’t often recommended.

Back