• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Yeah I saw the video. And to think, that was two amateurs, imagine what could happen if Floyd - an all-time great - actually goes to work on this novice.

Have you read some of the comments on social media? This Logan bloke is at Cruiserweight and they think if he hits Mayweather it’ll be game over. :ROFL: :ROFL: 49 of the best boxers could barely lay a glove on him. Do these idiots really think that a YouTuber because he is bigger than Mayweather will do it?

You could put Eddie Hall in with Floyd he still wouldn’t lay a glove on him! It’s a farce and this is what our sport is becoming.

It’s all happening because the promoters and sanctioning bodies are stopping us from getting the best fighting the best! Do we really think AJ beats Pulev this weekend and Fury v AJ gets announced and ACTUALLY happens?

Spence beat Danny Garcia at the weekend, was he calling out Crawford? Nope! Will they fight next? Nope! That is one of the best fights in boxing!! Yet it’s not going to happen because of PBC and Top Rank. It’s becoming a joke, the UFC are killing it! Top events, top fights, the best fighting the best and when a top fighter gets COVID and the fight falls off a top level (sometimes better than original) fighter steps in at short notice. Not some Hungarian taxi driver who bounces at the local nightclub at weekends.

Im slowly falling out of love with boxing it needs to seriously up its game otherwise it’s just going to turn into WWE.

Campbell Hatton has inevitably signed with Hearn. I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t excited about this kids future. If he’s anything like his dad - or even his uncle - then we’re in for some exciting fights over the next few years.

His debut is slated for February, where he will compete at Super Featherweight.

As much as i never thought id say this , im really enjoying the woman's boxing .

There seems to be no dodging of opponents and politics like the mens game, and the fights seems fairly well matched .
Add to this they are skillful, gutsy and throw a lot more leather than most mens fights it adds to the enjoyment .
2 of the best fights i've seen this year have been womens boxing

As much as i never thought id say this , im really enjoying the woman's boxing .

There seems to be no dodging of opponents and politics like the mens game, and the fights seems fairly well matched .
Add to this they are skillful, gutsy and throw a lot more leather than most mens fights it adds to the enjoyment .
2 of the best fights i've seen this year have been womens boxing

Really? I think it’s been dog ****e! The quality of opponents put in front of the so called ‘best’ is shocking. And when you do get a good fight Jonas v Harper it’s a bull**** score card that ruins it.

Katie Taylor is avoiding Chantelle Cameron who would 100% give her troubles. Cameron has won her two titles against female versions of Hungarian taxi drivers.

So many ‘prospects’ who are being talking up too! That Courtenay is average at best and yes she did give a devastating knock out. But it showed the quality of opponent! Look at the YouTuber vs the NBA dude, exactly the same.

Im not sold on women’s boxing, I think the 2 minute rounds doesn’t help! And it’s not a sexist thing before Mr High and Mighty jumps on this post. I love female fighting in the UFC it’s top class. Boxing just doesn’t have it and it won’t ever have it until they move to 3 minute rounds.

Unfortunately unless they take up a model like the UFC then the best won’t fight the best because of people trying to protect their fighters.

Campbell Hatton has inevitably signed with Hearn. I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t excited about this kids future. If he’s anything like his dad - or even his uncle - then we’re in for some exciting fights over the next few years.

His debut is slated for February, where he will compete at Super Featherweight.

Ricky has been training him for a good couple of years and from what I’ve seen he looks alright. Only time will tell! But we won’t know until about his 30th fight with Hearn sticking those taxi drivers in front of him. I’d love for him to be a success as his dad is one of my favourite all time boxers!

On the subject of Hearn have you seen this on Twitter?

He’s got a point!

Pulev doesn’t have the heaviest of hands, and he’s not the quickest with them either. His movement is basic, very flat footed and his guard is very loose.

As long as Joshua doesn’t lose his head and picks the right shots at the right time, he wins this one with very little trouble.

British Boxing fans; Please give us the biggest HW fight in British history...

British Promoters; lets do it down the line. There’s still money to be earned yet.

British Boxing fans; Please give us the biggest HW fight in British history...

British Promoters; lets do it down the line. There’s still money to be earned yet.

There is more money in the fight now! Plus there is going to be at least 2 fights!

There is more money in the fight now! Plus there is going to be at least 2 fights!

Just make it a trilogy-deal, and be done with it. Both fighters (and camps) would make untold millions from it.

Right now, AJ Vs Fury smashes the record for U.K. PPV buys hands down. It’s THE biggest crossover fight this country has seen since Hatton & Mayweather

I love how they bang on about Joshua being humble, he wins the fight and first thing he does is climb out of the ring to hug the least humble person in boxing.

They need to stop with the humble rhetoric because it really doesn’t suit AJ. Sell him as what he is.

Perhaps I am being naive but I think they are ready to make the fight, just not until they are sure they can get fans in.

Perhaps I am being naive but I think they are ready to make the fight, just not until they are sure they can get fans in.

Did you not hear AJ and Hearn after the fight? At no point were they calling out Fury directly. The WBO have now stated he fights Usyk next, so either AJ vacates the belt or Usyk takes step aside money. I can’t see either of those happening so it’ll be AJ v Usyk next.

Did you not hear AJ and Hearn after the fight? At no point were they calling out Fury directly. The WBO have now stated he fights Usyk next, so either AJ vacates the belt or Usyk takes step aside money. I can’t see either of those happening so it’ll be AJ v Usyk next.
Yep I heard, I don't think they know what they are doing. The big money fight is AJ v Fury so they wont fight Usyk IMO as it's a big risk. If they do that is a good fight so I wouldn't mind

Yep I heard, I don't think they know what they are doing. The big money fight is AJ v Fury so they wont fight Usyk IMO as it's a big risk. If they do that is a good fight so I wouldn't mind

The fans being in the stadium doesn’t matter, they make more money in Abu Dhabi, Saudi or Vegas than they would having 90-100k in Wembley. I think it’ll happen overseas as that’s where the money is. Certainly the first fight anyway. (If it ever happens)

Back