• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Well the McGregor v Pacquiao fight doesn’t look likely after getting sparked out by Poirier. I’m glad that happened I don’t want to see a great fighter tarnish his legacy with these pathetic cross overs.

I’ve never been a fan of McGregor... not from a fighting standpoint, but as a person he can be pretty vile.

That being said, I’d love to see him back in the squared circle against that YouTuber who keeps mugging him off. **** it, go ‘head Connor, take that chattering monkey’s jaw clean off.

I’ve never been a fan of McGregor... not from a fighting standpoint, but as a person he can be pretty vile.

That being said, I’d love to see him back in the squared circle against that YouTuber who keeps mugging him off. **** it, go ‘head Connor, take that chattering monkey’s jaw clean off.

Nope I’m not a fan either, how people can be a fan of him is beyond me. He WAS a great fighter but then the money went to his head and his vile incidents outside of the octagon shaped who he really is. Yet the fans still stick with him.

I’m confused, who do you want to win the YouTuber or Conor?

Nope I’m not a fan either, how people can be a fan of him is beyond me. He WAS a great fighter but then the money went to his head and his vile incidents outside of the octagon shaped who he really is. Yet the fans still stick with him.

I’m confused, who do you want to win the YouTuber or Conor?

McGregor.

Youtubers have no business calling out - and mugging off - trained fighters.

McGregor.

Youtubers have no business calling out - and mugging off - trained fighters.

Phew, I thought you were condoning a YouTuber beating a trained fighter.

With you on that, the lot of them need to **** off out of our sport! As the great saying goes ‘You don’t play boxing’ and these YouTube ****ers seem to think they can. One will end up dying in the ring or getting seriously injured before they stop this circus.

Reactions: GBJ
As for Ryan Garcia fighting Manny next. I think he’s made a rod for his own back. To quote the man himself from Mike Tyson’s Hot Boxin Podcast, whilst talking about fighting Tank “If he doesn’t fight me next then his legacy is tainted”. He’s spun this I’m going to fight Tank and knock him out in 2 rounds. The money is there and the interest is there he makes himself look pretty stupid if he doesn’t fight Tank next.

Ryan Garcia has now changed his mind and will not fight MP, I wonder if that is because the WBA have stripped MP of his title for in activity.MP has said WBA stripping him of his title is fine as it saves him about 250,000 dollars which the WBA would take from his fight purse ,also that it has been more important to help the people of te Philippines during this Covid than to defend a title .But he plans on having 2 fights this year ,would love to fight Spence or Crawford.

Ryan Garcia has now changed his mind and will not fight MP, I wonder if that is because the WBA have stripped MP of his title for in activity.MP has said WBA stripping him of his title is fine as it saves him about 250,000 dollars which the WBA would take from his fight purse ,also that it has been more important to help the people of te Philippines during this Covid than to defend a title .But he plans on having 2 fights this year ,would love to fight Spence or Crawford.

I did see Garcia came out and said if he fought Manny it would not be in an exhibition and it would be a real fight with records on the line.

Hope you gentlemen @Ricey @GBJ are watching BBC 1 right now, Panorama: Boxing and the mob.

Won't say too much cause hopefully you fellas will catch but scintillating stuff.

Hope you gentlemen @Ricey @GBJ are watching BBC 1 right now, Panorama: Boxing and the mob.

Won't say too much cause hopefully you fellas will catch but scintillating stuff.

I didn’t know it was on, I’ll have to catch up on that. Thanks for the heads up.

I thought is was much to do about nothing really , brave of Barry Mcguigan to speak out , but boxing has been lead by gangsters for years .......Don King for example

Could be wrong but didn’t Frampton leave McGuigan as he was “stealing” additional money from him?

Maybe police are closing in on this family but the show last night was a bit of a fluff piece with no new information

I thought is was much to do about nothing really , brave of Barry Mcguigan to speak out , but boxing has been lead by gangsters for years .......Don King for example

Even further back than Don King, Sonny Liston was owned by the mafia and read into that what you will but explains the phantom punch against Ali.

Could be wrong but didn’t Frampton leave McGuigan as he was “stealing” additional money from him?

Maybe police are closing in on this family but the show last night was a bit of a fluff piece with no new information

It has never been released the actual reason but I would assume so. It appears he has done the same with Josh Taylor and Chantelle Cameron. All of the fighters have left his stable on bad terms.

Gutted for Josh Warrington

I used to like Josh Warrington, when he was dumped by Eddie which at the time I thought was a mistake. Frank put him on the right path and guided him to that world title and some great fights after. Why he went back to Eddie is beyond me. He should never have fought Lara and should never have vacated his belt! Now he has to start all over again and he has that loss so it’ll take a lot for Eddie to build him up again, he’ll probably push him to one side now. The Xu fight is out the window he is unlikely to face the winner of his old belt Galahad v Dickens. The only way he can get some credit back is to smash Lara in a rematch! Boxing is a cruel game and will dump you after one loss. Unlike UFC where the 0 doesn’t mean anything.

Was an interesting spectacle, Warrington traded blows with a banger and came unstuck , to be fair to him he showed incredible heart to stick with him for that extra 5 rounds after the initial knock down .
It’s been a while since I’ve seen a fighters legs go so badly and be able to try and compete for that long .......crazy or brave , who knows

Was an interesting spectacle, Warrington traded blows with a banger and came unstuck , to be fair to him he showed incredible heart to stick with him for that extra 5 rounds after the initial knock down .
It’s been a while since I’ve seen a fighters legs go so badly and be able to try and compete for that long .......crazy or brave , who knows
From that 4th round knockdown I doubt he knew where he was and was just fighting on instinct - pretty appalling from the ref to allow him to carry on...just as appalling from his corner to allow him to come out for the 5th...
equally appalling was the scorecard on the Barrett / Martinez fight...
I did enjoy the British featherweight title fight and seeing Dalton Smith fight. All in all a good night of boxing
Roll on this Saturday - hopefully 2 corkers in Kelly v Avanesyan and Marku v Charlton.

Have you seen the clip of Fury running into the sea off Morecambe last week? Funny, and he doesn't mess about, straight in.
Brrrrr.
Must have froze his balls off!

From that 4th round knockdown I doubt he knew where he was and was just fighting on instinct - pretty appalling from the ref to allow him to carry on...just as appalling from his corner to allow him to come out for the 5th...
equally appalling was the scorecard on the Barrett / Martinez fight...
I did enjoy the British featherweight title fight and seeing Dalton Smith fight. All in all a good night of boxing
Roll on this Saturday - hopefully 2 corkers in Kelly v Avanesyan and Marku v Charlton.

And they were exactly that! Always thought Avanesyan was a step too far for Kelly. Zero defence, showboating when he isn’t even ahead in the fight, not pacing himself against an experienced 12 round fighter.

On the throwing in of towels, two excellent decisions by the corners of Charlton and Kelly.

Back