• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Povetkin didn’t turn up, he had Covid which lead to the reschedule of this one. Wonder if he was still suffering the effects as he wasn’t on it at all. Think he should probably retire after this.

Some very strange comments from Whyte afterwards about breaking AJ’s legs to take the fight with Fury.
Yeah looked unsteady on his feet right from the off - a combo of covid and being 41, deffo should retire!
Cheeseman fight was epic, always delivers! He's actually a really skilful boxer just ends up in tear ups...only 25 but carries on like this and hell be all punched out before his 30!
Wardly fight was bad - he really needs to get in the ring with someone who doesn't want to go down at the first sign of a punch...2nd time now I've see that from him...
Campbel Hatton had no right being that high up a PPV card - he's only 20 so no idea why he needed to go pro yet, much better learn this craft in the amatuers
Hadn't seen Kongo before and was expecting better...
Really wasn't a PPV worthy line up but I still paid :-(

Yeah looked unsteady on his feet right from the off - a combo of covid and being 41, deffo should retire!
Cheeseman fight was epic, always delivers! He's actually a really skilful boxer just ends up in tear ups...only 25 but carries on like this and hell be all punched out before his 30!
Wardly fight was bad - he really needs to get in the ring with someone who doesn't want to go down at the first sign of a punch...2nd time now I've see that from him...
Campbel Hatton had no right being that high up a PPV card - he's only 20 so no idea why he needed to go pro yet, much better learn this craft in the amatuers
Hadn't seen Kongo before and was expecting better...
Really wasn't a PPV worthy line up but I still paid :-(

Cheeseman always does end up in wars, I think he’ll struggle to go above European level though. He can fight like that against domestic level opponents but he does that against an elite level opponent he gets knocked out or ends up in hospital. The man literally uses his face as his defence.

On the Wardley fight I don’t know about you but I thought that was a trip and Molina smashed his head on the canvas hence why it looked like a KO. I’ve watched it a number of times and it looks like Wardley (probably accidentally) swipes his leg. A typical Molina performance. Not going to get excited by Wardley yet.

I don’t really have a problem with Campbell Hatton being that high up the card. It’s a big name the Hatton name and will always bring attention. I was at the Joshua v Martin fight where he won the world title and Conor Benn made his debut and fought before the main event. It’s typical Eddie Hearn though!

I agree it wasn’t PPV worthy, I didn’t pay for it but managed to watch it. It’s once again typical Hearn and devaluing the meaning of PPV. The fact Parker v Chisora is a joke too. PPV should be for the biggest of fights. The likes of Joshua v Fury, Fury v Wilder or a huge fights involving the likes of Canelo, Teofimo Lopez etc. Not Joshua v Anyone they put in front of him. It’s a joke and something I refuse to pay for these joke cards. I wouldn’t mind it being PPV if it was a stacked card but it wasn’t!

The talk is that Pacman and Terence Crawford have signed to fight on June 5th.

Yep that’s what I am hearing too. A much better fight than the Ryan Garcia one but no offence to Manny I would much rather see Crawford fight Spence.

What ive heard here manny to get 40million ,Crawford 10 million dont know how much truth there is in that ,but told Abu Dhabi see Pacman as the main attraction,hes the name.

Couple of decent fights coming up in the next few weeks , waiting to hear what our resident expert GBJ has to say before i place a few bets .

plus looked the like of Felix Cash the other night , second time ive watched him and think he could flirt with some bigger names , not sure how he would fair at the moment though

Couple of decent fights coming up in the next few weeks , waiting to hear what our resident expert GBJ has to say before i place a few bets .

plus looked the like of Felix Cash the other night , second time ive watched him and think he could flirt with some bigger names , not sure how he would fair at the moment though

Im offended!

If you’re talking about the Matchroom ‘PPV’ card I’ll give you my predictions and see how it goes.

Chisora v Parker - Parker Points
Bivol v Richards - Bivol Points (Possibly KO)
Taylor v Jonas - Taylor Points
Eubank Jr v Morrison - Anything other than a Eubank KO win is embarrassing.
Tennyson v Straffon - Tennyson Points
Campbell Hatton v TBA - Hatton KO
Scott Fitzgerald v TBA - Fitzgerald KO

Bit of a joke card really when you have a nothing fight as the headline and two legitimate world title fights on the undercard. The winner of Chisora v Parker isn’t even in line for a world title. The winner is likely to be next for the winner of Usyk v Joyce, unless the WBO strip Joshua or the winner of the AJ v Fury fight no title will be on the line for Usyk v Joyce.

Boxing has been diabolical recently, no really great fights. Hats Off to Frank and Eddie though for letting two prospects from their stables fight. I wasn’t keen on Cash but he did well against Bentley and provide he is a decent prospect. Rumours that he could fight Liam Williams next, now that would be a brawl and a half! I won’t be paying for the fights at the weekend but will do my best to watch a couple. Should not be a PPV card at all!

Reactions: GBJ
Big fight on Friday for Sunny Edwards!

World title fight against Mthalane, he’s 38 but is still game as ****. He has really good KO wins against Tete and John Reil Casimero, this guy is not to be overlooked. He is powerful and unfortunately I don’t think Edwards will be able to cope with that. Maybe it’s right place right time for him. As a Brit and a fighter I like, I hope he wins. But it’s a tall order! If it goes to the cards, as it’s in the UK he’ll probably get the win regardless of how he gets on.

You need to get a KO to get a draw in the UK now, we’ve taken over from how Germany used to be. We saw that with David Adelaye at the weekend, he lost that fight but the ref scored it to Adelaye. It’s happening far too often and putting a lot of people off watching boxing.

I watched the UFC at the weekend, the best fought the best and every fight was unreal!

Im offended!

If you’re talking about the Matchroom ‘PPV’ card I’ll give you my predictions and see how it goes.

Bit of a joke card really when you have a nothing fight as the headline and two legitimate world title fights on the undercard. The winner of Chisora v Parker isn’t even in line for a world title. The winner is likely to be next for the winner of Usyk v Joyce, unless the WBO strip Joshua or the winner of the AJ v Fury fight no title will be on the line for Usyk v Joyce.

Boxing has been diabolical recently, no really great fights. Hats Off to Frank and Eddie though for letting two prospects from their stables fight. I wasn’t keen on Cash but he did well against Bentley and provide he is a decent prospect. Rumours that he could fight Liam Williams next, now that would be a brawl and a half! I won’t be paying for the fights at the weekend but will do my best to watch a couple. Should not be a PPV card at all!
It'll be a pretty decent Saturday Fight Night card but for PPV its very underwhelming (I'm still buying though:Sorry:)...I agree with your predictions - though would change Bivol for a deffo KO. Good to see Scott Fitzgerald, ages since he last fought! Always thought he was the better one of Cheeseman and Fowler, though strange he has no opponent yet!!!

Rumours of Matchroom switching to DAZN means that PPVs could disappear...I subscribe to DAZN and there has been and are coming up some pretty decent fights (Obvs if they switch then there'll be more UK friendly times the price will go up from £1.99 a month). Not sure what will happen to Sky then, maybe get other promoters involved instead of Matchroom exclusively

It'll be a pretty decent Saturday Fight Night card but for PPV its very underwhelming (I'm still buying though:Sorry:)...I agree with your predictions - though would change Bivol for a deffo KO. Good to see Scott Fitzgerald, ages since he last fought! Always thought he was the better one of Cheeseman and Fowler, though strange he has no opponent yet!!!

Rumours of Matchroom switching to DAZN means that PPVs could disappear...I subscribe to DAZN and there has been and are coming up some pretty decent fights (Obvs if they switch then there'll be more UK friendly times the price will go up from £1.99 a month). Not sure what will happen to Sky then, maybe get other promoters involved instead of Matchroom exclusively

Bivol hasn’t looked the powerhouse he did early on against the better opponents. Sometimes he’s looked a little flat and boring! Richards has never been knocked out and if anything it will be a big statement and make the Bertbiev fight more of a sellable fight over here. Unless Hearn plans to chuck Buatsi in against him soon.

Agreed, great fight night card but not PPV. From what I understand on the Matchroom/Sky situation. The deal is obviously up with Sky in July. The talk is that all non PPV fighters and fights will all be shown on DAZN but the big PPV ‘stars’ Joshua, Whyte (haha) and a few others will have their fights shown on Sky Box Office. They’re claiming that DAZN doesn’t have the PPV platform. I find that very strange seeing as this is a company with serious clout! They’re going to be in the running to get the Premier League! PPV’s will never disappear I’m afraid, to get the big fights on it is what is required. You will never have Joshua v Fury on a streaming service or Sky/BT as ‘free to air’. Even the UFC have realised in the UK they have to put some fights on PPV. But unlike boxing it’s only the massive events when the mainstream names fight like McGregor and they know they’ll make some serious money.

I don’t have an issue with PPV! Well I do but I understand it. The likes of Mike Tyson v Lennox Lewis from an international perspective I get it, Ricky Hatton v Floyd Mayweather I get it, huge domestic dust ups Carl Froch v George Groves I get it! Dillian Whyte v Alexander Povetkin I and II, Joseph Parker v Derek Chisora, Anthony Joshua v Andy Ruiz I I don’t get it! Unless it’s a unification champ v champ or a domestic rivalry Khan v Brook in their primes didn’t need a belt on the line and would be PPV worthy, it shouldn’t be PPV.

Money and greed ruins all sports but Boxing is next level!

The governing bodies are a prime example let’s take the Heavyweight Division and the 4 main governing bodies and their champions.

WBA -
Anthony Joshua - World Heavyweight Super Champion

Trevor Bryan - World Heavyweight Regular Champion

Manuel Charr - World Heavyweight Regular Champion in recess

Daniel Dubois’ next fight is for the Interim World Heavywight belt!

WBC -

Tyson Fury - WBC World Heavyweight Champion

Dillian Whyte - WBC World Heavyweight Interim Champion

The WBO and IBF aren’t as bad but the WBA is just pathetic! It’s all about sanctioning fees. They all need to throw the alphabet belts in the bin and there should be one world recognised crown and that should be the Ring magazine belt. No.1 fights no.2 if no.2 doesn’t want to fight he fights no.3 etc! Like the UFC! The UFC model is excellent and I know Hearn is aiming to become the UFC of boxing but he is a million miles off at the moment!

Bivol hasn’t looked the powerhouse he did early on against the better opponents. Sometimes he’s looked a little flat and boring! Richards has never been knocked out and if anything it will be a big statement and make the Bertbiev fight more of a sellable fight over here. Unless Hearn plans to chuck Buatsi in against him soon.

Agreed, great fight night card but not PPV. From what I understand on the Matchroom/Sky situation. The deal is obviously up with Sky in July. The talk is that all non PPV fighters and fights will all be shown on DAZN but the big PPV ‘stars’ Joshua, Whyte (haha) and a few others will have their fights shown on Sky Box Office. They’re claiming that DAZN doesn’t have the PPV platform. I find that very strange seeing as this is a company with serious clout! They’re going to be in the running to get the Premier League! PPV’s will never disappear I’m afraid, to get the big fights on it is what is required. You will never have Joshua v Fury on a streaming service or Sky/BT as ‘free to air’. Even the UFC have realised in the UK they have to put some fights on PPV. But unlike boxing it’s only the massive events when the mainstream names fight like McGregor and they know they’ll make some serious money.

I don’t have an issue with PPV! Well I do but I understand it. The likes of Mike Tyson v Lennox Lewis from an international perspective I get it, Ricky Hatton v Floyd Mayweather I get it, huge domestic dust ups Carl Froch v George Groves I get it! Dillian Whyte v Alexander Povetkin I and II, Joseph Parker v Derek Chisora, Anthony Joshua v Andy Ruiz I I don’t get it! Unless it’s a unification champ v champ or a domestic rivalry Khan v Brook in their primes didn’t need a belt on the line and would be PPV worthy, it shouldn’t be PPV.

Money and greed ruins all sports but Boxing is next level!

The governing bodies are a prime example let’s take the Heavyweight Division and the 4 main governing bodies and their champions.

WBA -
Anthony Joshua - World Heavyweight Super Champion

Trevor Bryan - World Heavyweight Regular Champion

Manuel Charr - World Heavyweight Regular Champion in recess

Daniel Dubois’ next fight is for the Interim World Heavywight belt!

WBC -

Tyson Fury - WBC World Heavyweight Champion

Dillian Whyte - WBC World Heavyweight Interim Champion

The WBO and IBF aren’t as bad but the WBA is just pathetic! It’s all about sanctioning fees. They all need to throw the alphabet belts in the bin and there should be one world recognised crown and that should be the Ring magazine belt. No.1 fights no.2 if no.2 doesn’t want to fight he fights no.3 etc! Like the UFC! The UFC model is excellent and I know Hearn is aiming to become the UFC of boxing but he is a million miles off at the moment!
Have you got DAZN? I really like the idea - happy to pay £6.99 a month for boxing if I get fortnightly UK fights and replays of US fights - but I expect the big fights too, I don't want to pay extra for them...got Canelo BJS next week - not PPV (too old to stay up but get up early Sunday and watch full replay - been working well so far!). I heard someone call it the Netflix of Sport...we'll see but the Netflix of boxing will do me...wouldn't be surprised if Darts goes there, get F1 too and it's all I need lol

Agree re alphabet belts and Ring Magazine! Never watched UFC...

Have you got DAZN? I really like the idea - happy to pay £6.99 a month for boxing if I get fortnightly UK fights and replays of US fights - but I expect the big fights too, I don't want to pay extra for them...got Canelo BJS next week - not PPV (too old to stay up but get up early Sunday and watch full replay - been working well so far!). I heard someone call it the Netflix of Sport...we'll see but the Netflix of boxing will do me...wouldn't be surprised if Darts goes there, get F1 too and it's all I need lol

Agree re alphabet belts and Ring Magazine! Never watched UFC...

You should give it a go, I was very anti it at first thinking it was a fad but it’s actually very good. The whole production and the fights are outstanding.

I do have DAZN and am impressed for £1.99. I think it will go up and agree id pay extra if it meant no PPV just can’t see it happening.

Chisora v Parker fight in doubt as Chisora has thrown his toys out of the pram. He wants to do his ring walk second and it was said they’ll flip a coin for it. Parker won the coin toss and chose to walk second and now Chisora is refusing to fight if he doesn’t come out second.

This comes across as a typical Chisora tactic to squeeze a little more money out of Hearn. Don’t think it’ll do any good for the PPV buys though with the possibility that the main event may not happen.

Big fight on Friday for Sunny Edwards!

World title fight against Mthalane, he’s 38 but is still game as ****. He has really good KO wins against Tete and John Reil Casimero, this guy is not to be overlooked. He is powerful and unfortunately I don’t think Edwards will be able to cope with that. Maybe it’s right place right time for him. As a Brit and a fighter I like, I hope he wins. But it’s a tall order! If it goes to the cards, as it’s in the UK he’ll probably get the win regardless of how he gets on.

You need to get a KO to get a draw in the UK now, we’ve taken over from how Germany used to be. We saw that with David Adelaye at the weekend, he lost that fight but the ref scored it to Adelaye. It’s happening far too often and putting a lot of people off watching boxing.

I watched the UFC at the weekend, the best fought the best and every fight was unreal!

Dominant performance from Sunny Edwards last night AND THE NEW!!

Im offended!

Agree with all of those predictions.

PPV worthy, this is not.

The running order is pathetic!

You have Bivol v Richards for a World Title on before Eubank v Morrison but the stinger is both are on before Campbell Hatton has his second pro fight.

The running order is pathetic!

You have Bivol v Richards for a World Title on before Eubank v Morrison but the stinger is both are on before Campbell Hatton has his second pro fight.

Haha yeah I see that.

Well that ****ed my predictions Straffon blows Tennyson out in a round. Why the Matchroom match makers keep putting their ‘prospects’ against these unknown Mexicans and Europeans is beyond me.

Well that ****ed my predictions Straffon blows Tennyson out in a round. Why the Matchroom match makers keep putting their ‘prospects’ against these unknown Mexicans and Europeans is beyond me.

Are you watching? I might stream it later

Back