• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

No, just keeping up to date on their feed. I’m not really that bothered by the whole card. Will probably stream later.

Aye.

Parker Chisora doesn’t interest me tbh. Del Boy was finished as a contender back in 2013(?) when Fury took his soul.

Parker is a wasted talent up to this point. A proper strength and conditioning coach could change all that though. His shallow gas tank is and always will be his biggest flaw. Take note Chisora.

Feel sorry for Campbell Hatton. The shoes he’s got to fill are already big enough, but I can see Matchroom’s matchmaking backhandedly stunting his reputation. Imagine Conor Benn’s career management, on steroids.

Aye.

Parker Chisora doesn’t interest me tbh. Del Boy was finished as a contender back in 2013(?) when Fury took his soul.

Parker is a wasted talent up to this point. A proper strength and conditioning coach could change all that though. His shallow gas tank is and always will be his biggest flaw. Take note Chisora.

Feel sorry for Campbell Hatton. The shoes he’s got to fill are already big enough, but I can see Matchroom’s matchmaking backhandedly stunting his reputation. Imagine Conor Benn’s career management, on steroids.

They did the same with Benn though, I was at his debut and he was the fight before Joshua won the world title against Charles Martin. Look how Conor Benn’s career started off he looked like he would be a British level fighter at best. He had that 6 rounder at York Hall in I think his 11th fight against Cedrick Peynaud were he looked bang average and shouldn’t have got the win.

Since then he won convincingly in the second fight and has gone on to reinvent himself. Even as a person like when he was with Ohara Davies and Ted Cheeseman taking the **** out of Robin Deakin’s deformity.

Back then I wanted him to be successful after the video I thought he was just another privileged prick living off his dads name. He went away worked hard on himself physically and mentally! Now he is often on TalkSport as a guest and comes across so well. Another thing you barely see his Dad which is great unlike Eubank where he is always trying to steal his sons limelight at every opportunity.

Ricky Hatton was a fan favourite and loved by pretty much everyone, me included. Campbell didn’t have the most extensive amateur background but he’s grown up around his dad and uncle and has always been training with his dad in his gym growing up. I hope it works out for him but Matchroom need to back the **** off and stop putting so much hype on him. He is a relative novice in his career full stop. It’s all about making money off the Hatton name and so early in his career is wrong!

Eubank Jr should’ve ended that, don’t know what he was playing at. Spent too much of career trying to mimic other fighters. First his dad, then Floyd and now Roy Jones Jr.

This will probably bite me in the arse but I don’t think he will ever be a legitimate world champion (IBF, WBO, WBA Super, WBC) none of this interim bull**** either.

And now he’s just said “he could’ve ended it but he kept him in there for the rounds” :Facepalm:

Eubank Jr should’ve ended that, don’t know what he was playing at. Spent too much of career trying to mimic other fighters. First his dad, then Floyd and now Roy Jones Jr.

This will probably bite me in the arse but I don’t think he will ever be a legitimate world champion (IBF, WBO, WBA Super, WBC) none of this interim bull**** either.
Think you are right. Not quite got that quality, would like to be wrong but can't see it.

Big one this weekend BJS v Canelo. What are we saying?

I love Billy Joe, I know he’s had his issues. I’ve met him and he’s a really nice bloke just lead down the wrong path by bad influences at times. A great boxer with incredible boxing skills. Do I think he is going to beat Canelo the best in the world? Probably not! But he’s going to give Canelo something he has never witnessed before. We all know BJS turns it up against live opponents like he did against Lemieux. But Canelo is the best in the world for a reason. I hope he frustrates the hell out of Canelo and gives him a rough time. I’d love BJS to win but it would take something special and Canelo to be off his game.

The pre fight build up is interesting with the ring dispute and all the gobbing off. Probably not the best thing to wind up Canelo and make him more determined to end you. But fun to watch none the less.

Big one this weekend BJS v Canelo. What are we saying?

I love Billy Joe, I know he’s had his issues. I’ve met him and he’s a really nice bloke just lead down the wrong path by bad influences at times. A great boxer with incredible boxing skills. Do I think he is going to beat Canelo the best in the world? Probably not! But he’s going to give Canelo something he has never witnessed before. We all know BJS turns it up against live opponents like he did against Lemieux. But Canelo is the best in the world for a reason. I hope he frustrates the hell out of Canelo and gives him a rough time. I’d love BJS to win but it would take something special and Canelo to be off his game.

The pre fight build up is interesting with the ring dispute and all the gobbing off. Probably not the best thing to wind up Canelo and make him more determined to end you. But fun to watch none the less.

Is this one where if it goes the distance the judges will give it to Canelo? There aren't many KO's on BJS record so I'm guessing the chances of him Knocking out Canelo is slim 20/1 with the bookies! I'm leaning towards a bet on Canelo to win on points but would like expert opinion from @Ricey and @GBJ before I make up my mind.

Thanks

@Ricey, is DAZN still £1.99? Sure, I could google it, but I’m too lazy ?‍♂️

It’s a cracking prospect of a fight tbh, even if the result seems all but sewn up.

I can’t see BJS stopping Canelo. The Mexican has been in with monstrous punchers before, and from memory, hasn’t really been troubled. If the likes of Golovkin, Kovalev, Cotto, Kirkland & Molesley couldn’t stop him, I can’t really make a case for BJS doing so.

Can BJS win on points in America? Hmm. Looking at the past few times a Brit has fought in high profile bouts in The States, it hasn’t been very favourable. Tyson Fury was robbed in the first fight with Wilder, and I believe the rematch was very close on the cards, at the time of the stoppage.

Can I really see anything different happening with Saunders? In short, no, not really.

I know you shouldn’t read too much into the face-offs, but it didn’t go unnoticed that BJS didn’t look that comfortable to me. He looked a bit flustered and was putting a bit of a brave face on IMHO. Whereas Canelo looked laser focused.

Still, as I said, you shouldn’t read too much into that. BJS definitely has the talent to frustrate Canelo, I’m just not sure if he has enough to force a points win.

My gut feeling is a late stoppage win for Canelo, with a points victory as a salvage bet.

Although it is interesting that the bookies have priced the draw at 20/1. In times gone by, a draw would normally conjure up odds of around
40’s or 50’s mark. Could well be worth a few bob as an outside punt.

Good documentary on BBC 1 last night about Canelo Alverez
"The Greatest Athlete You're Ever Seen".

You can watch it on iplayer here.

Link

Canelo Alverez.png

@Ricey, is DAZN still £1.99? Sure, I could google it, but I’m too lazy ?‍♂️

It’s a cracking prospect of a fight tbh, even if the result seems all but sewn up.

I can’t see BJS stopping Canelo. The Mexican has been in with monstrous punchers before, and from memory, hasn’t really been troubled. If the likes of Golovkin, Kovalev, Cotto, Kirkland & Molesley couldn’t stop him, I can’t really make a case for BJS doing so.

Can BJS win on points in America? Hmm. Looking at the past few times a Brit has fought in high profile bouts in The States, it hasn’t been very favourable. Tyson Fury was robbed in the first fight with Wilder, and I believe the rematch was very close on the cards, at the time of the stoppage.

Can I really see anything different happening with Saunders? In short, no, not really.

I know you shouldn’t read too much into the face-offs, but it didn’t go unnoticed that BJS didn’t look that comfortable to me. He looked a bit flustered and was putting a bit of a brave face on IMHO. Whereas Canelo looked laser focused.

Still, as I said, you shouldn’t read too much into that. BJS definitely has the talent to frustrate Canelo, I’m just not sure if he has enough to force a points win.

My gut feeling is a late stoppage win for Canelo, with a points victory as a salvage bet.

Although it is interesting that the bookies have priced the draw at 20/1. In times gone by, a draw would normally conjure up odds of around
40’s or 50’s mark. Could well be worth a few bob as an outside punt.

That is correct, £1.99 and you can cancel at any point. Don’t think it’ll stay that way but may as well make the most of it whilst it’s this cheap.

BJS needs to KO Canelo to get a draw.

Saunders won’t stop him we know that and let’s look at some of the controversial decision. GGG I was 100% a GGG win and GGG II I would sway towards Golovkin. Another big one was his SD win against Lara. Lara won that there was no doubt about that but Canelo got the decision shock horror!

We all know no matter how great BJS performs on Saturday he isn’t going to KO Canelo and will always lose on the cards.

It does make me laugh how Canelo gets all of this attention for being the greatest when he’s a dirty drugs cheat with his ‘Mexican beef’ bollocks! Great fighter but his name is tarnished by the fact he’s a drugs cheat. But money talks and as he sells to the Mexican and US crowd they’ll never delve too deeply into it.

BJS is a fantastic boxer (as is Canelo) but he’s got pillow hands and much much harder punchers haven’t got Canelo out of there so no chance for BJS
looking forward to it though - 2 rules in boxing betting, don’t bet against Mexicans, don’t bet against Gypsies!
Watching Liam smith on fite tv right now - another Canelo victim

BJS is a fantastic boxer (as is Canelo) but he’s got pillow hands and much much harder punchers haven’t got Canelo out of there so no chance for BJS
looking forward to it though - 2 rules in boxing betting, don’t bet against Mexicans, don’t bet against Gypsies!
Watching Liam smith on fite tv right now - another Canelo victim

Liam Smith was absolutely robbed!! We all knew it was going to happen though.

Yeah he needed a convincing win to get the decision and not sure it was convincing enough - strange choice to go out to Russia fighting a Russian- First time I’ve watch on fite tv - it was in prep for Taylor v Ramires in a few weeks...now that’ll be a fight

Yeah he needed a convincing win to get the decision and not sure it was convincing enough - strange choice to go out to Russia fighting a Russian- First time I’ve watch on fite tv - it was in prep for Taylor v Ramires in a few weeks...now that’ll be a fight

That will be a great fight. I really don’t know how to call it a genuine 50/50. I like Taylor and it’ll be interesting to see how he gets on in his first big fight under Ben Davison.

Well that was interesting!

Another orbital eye injury that stops a fight. Especially after BJS was one very critical of Dubois after he pulled out of the Joyce fight with an eye injury. I thought Canelo looked excellent as always and BJS put on a good show during the fight and won a couple of rounds. He would never have got the decision just a shame it ended that way.

Chris Eubank Jr showing his usual class being recorded laughing and give BJS abuse after the fight. Then saying if Canelo wants a real fight from a UK fighter to get in touch! :ROFL: :ROFL: Eubank Jr lost to BJS and to Groves and hasn’t fought a live opponent since! Yet he thinks he will give Canelo a real fight! BJS and Smith were the best brits in the division and they both got schooled by him!

Relatively enjoyable fight in the end.

Disappointing it had to finish the way it did, as I thought BJS had held his own up to that point. I’m not going to get on his case about quitting, because quite frankly we only get one pair of eyes in this life, and personally, I wouldn’t risk giving up my sight just to prove how tough I was.

I gave BJS a minimum of three rounds, but could make a case for a fourth. I thought Canelo was quite sloppy at times, and he was rushing those big power punches (he really wanted to get Saunders out of there as soon as he possibly could). That played well for BJS, as his quick reflexes gave the impression he was making Canelo miss wildly. That’s not only eye-catching to the judges, but it all goes towards scoring the round. However, when Canelo did connect cleanly, you could see the difference between his and Saunders’ shots.

But by the same token, BJS needed to be slicker than he was too. The punch that done the damage stemmed from a lazy hook. He (BJS) didn’t even load up on it, it was just an off balance, hopeful swing, which Canelo telegraphed and punished him for. You just cannot afford to be that casual when you’re facing one of the best fighters on the planet.

BJS did have some great rounds though, where he made Canelo look beatable. I felt that rounds four and five were great rounds for him. Speed and movement was always going to be the key, and BJS showed that in patches, but unfortunately not often enough. He was obviously wary about Canelo’s power, which made him hesitant at times, but I just wished he had been busier.

From the judges scorecards, you could see that BJS was never going to get a points decision. Not a single judge gave him the 4th round, despite it being a clear round for him. He narrowly pipped the first round, easily took the fourth and fifth, and I could argue a case for a 10-10 round in the seventh too. Sadly, In a world of bent sports, this one is by far the worst. It’s not just America either, as we’re notoriously bad for it. So too the Germans, and just the other night we saw Liam Smith being bent over and receiving the old hammer and sickle job, over in Russia.

All-in-all, I thought Saunders did well, but ultimately his best just wasn’t as good as Canelo’s best. Not too sure where he goes from here either. If the injury isn’t a career-ender, there’s not much left for him, is there? He won’t move up and it’s pointless staying at 168. I find it hard to believe that Canelo would want to give him a rematch. Even if he did, I’m not convinced there’d be a different outcome anyway.

The obvious fight to make would be the Eubank rematch. The bad blood between them hasn’t dissipated, and it’s an easy stadium sell. But if I were Billy, I’d **** Eubank right off. I wouldn’t even entertain the idea of giving him the platform. In boxing, ego’s are brilliant. Wind-ups are brilliant. Bad blood is brilliant. But Eubank is a **** of the highest order, and if his surname was Smith, or Rodgers or basically anything other than ‘Eubank’, his career would have ebbed away by now and he’d be referred to as that guy who got beaten up by a couple of half decent World Champions.

Back