• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I don’t think Joshua will cope with the speed and movement of Usyk. He’s always shined against opponents who stand straight in front of him, but Usyk won’t do that.

Joshua needs to close the ring off & get on the inside. I believe he’s got the power to hurt Usyk, so it’ll all depend on his tactics on the night… and he’s got previous for getting this wrong.

Probably right. I agree with everything you say there but there is something about the way Usyk looks prior to this fight that makes me uneasy, he looks unnaturally big a bloated for his frame. I've carried too much muscle before and know how it tires you out, not that I've ever been an elite athlete. It's probably nothing but it's a seed of doubt in my mind. If Usyk looked the same as he did in the 1st fight I'd lump on him. I think I'm going to sit this one out with the bookies and just enjoy the fight.
Usyk has come in 10oz’s heavier than their first fight and AJ has come in nearly 4lbs lighter.

For me it’s an easy repeat. Why has AJ come in lighter? He can’t outbox Usyk it seems crazy that he hasn’t come in heavier and tried to use his power to take him out within 6 rounds. The fact he’s come in lighter tells me he’s going to try and box with Usyk and that is a game once again he will lose.

I still stick by my prediction of Usyk KO mid to late rounds.

Usyk has come in 10oz’s heavier than their first fight and AJ has come in nearly 4lbs lighter.

For me it’s an easy repeat. Why has AJ come in lighter? He can’t outbox Usyk it seems crazy that he hasn’t come in heavier and tried to use his power to take him out within 6 rounds. The fact he’s come in lighter tells me he’s going to try and box with Usyk and that is a game once again he will lose.

Yeah that is nothing, a repeat is nailed on I'd say. Usyk looked trim again at the weigh in. 1.57 on the win is a tempting price. Definitely seems like a home market if Usyk was British I reckon you'd only be getting 1.20

Screenshot_20220819_181149.jpg
BBC saying Joshua is 4lbs heavier than last fight, not 4lbs lighter? Not that I suppose it will make much difference

I would absolutely love AJ to win, even though it's impossible not to like Usyk. But I just want to see the prospect of AJ vs Fury to stay alive, as it will be iconic for the history of this sport in the UK.

Unfortunately it's very hard to look past Oleksandr. He can beat AJ in a multitude of ways. Where as AJ can only really hope to hurt/stun him and jump on his chest like his life depended on it. My word Anthony must start fast and mantain a game plan, do not show Usyk too much respect.

Can't wait. Heart says AJ stuns him with a straight 1-2 early and follows it up like he did on Wladimir. Head say's Usyk exhausts and then proceeds to stop AJ late rounds.

Head rules heart on this one I’m afraid. If he can stay out of trouble in the first few rounds anything is possible.

Looking forward to Benn/Eubank. I think the former has bitten off more than he can chew but psychology may play a big part. The last fights I actually watched live were all Manny Pac Man who was enormously popular in HK with the prevalence of Filipino helpers. The bars were rammed more than they would be for a footie match. I’ll be watching this one though.

I would absolutely love AJ to win, even though it's impossible not to like Usyk. But I just want to see the prospect of AJ vs Fury to stay alive, as it will be iconic for the history of this sport in the UK.

Unfortunately it's very hard to look past Oleksandr. He can beat AJ in a multitude of ways. Where as AJ can only really hope to hurt/stun him and jump on his chest like his life depended on it. My word Anthony must start fast and mantain a game plan, do not show Usyk too much respect.

Can't wait. Heart says AJ stuns him with a straight 1-2 early and follows it up like he did on Wladimir. Head say's Usyk exhausts and then proceeds to stop AJ late rounds.
I think the Fury v AJ fight will happen win or lose. It’s in both of their interests to have the fight. For both of them it’s their biggest pay day and the biggest fight in heavyweight boxing and that is whether 1 belt, 4 belts or no belts are on the line.

Fury should be in Jeddah and getting on the mic after the fight and hijacking the post match conference. But unfortunately Fury is doing Fury things as usual. He’s ‘retired’ clowning around saying he will fight Thor or Chisora for a 3rd time. Saying Isaac Lowe is his trainer now. The bloke is mental and I hope he does come back and fight the winner and the loser.

Too much emphasis on records and belts! Boxing and boxers need to be more like the UFC and not care about records.

SkyBet have got AJ to win via stoppage @ 4/1

Has Joshua ever been 4/1 to win via stoppage?? That’s very telling.

Still, 4/1 is a good price, so I’ve had a punt.

SkyBet have got AJ to win via stoppage @ 4/1

Has Joshua ever been 4/1 to win via stoppage?? That’s very telling.

Still, 4/1 is a good price, so I’ve had a punt.
I just can’t see it, stranger things have happened though.

Usyk has more to fight for in this than AJ. He has his whole country behind him and wants to get the win not just for himself but the whole of Ukraine.

I just can’t see it, stranger things have happened though.

Usyk has more to fight for in this than AJ. He has his whole country behind him and wants to get the win not just for himself but the whole of Ukraine.

I don’t see it either mate, but the betting odds on Usyk are fairly dismal, so I’ve gone for the value.

Fury should be in Jeddah and getting on the mic after the fight and hijacking the post match conference. But unfortunately Fury is doing Fury things as usual.

Sounds like peak Attitude Era WWF…. And I’m all for it.

AJ holds up the belts and gives a rousing monologue, before Fury’s music crashes in and he comes strutting down the ramp 🤣

Hook it to my veins

Sounds like peak Attitude Era WWF…. And I’m all for it.

AJ holds up the belts and gives a rousing monologue, before Fury’s music crashes in and he comes strutting down the ramp 🤣

Hook it to my veins
Dives through the ropes and clothes lines AJ and Hearn whilst he and Frank stand over their out cold bodies with all of the belts in the hands.

• Haha
Reactions: GBJ
Back