• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Just as well these women boxers dont ask for equal rights when it comes to pays ,otherwise they would have to be fighting against the men

Terence Crawford and Naoya Inoue both put in two world class performances and KO wins to cement themselves at the top of the P4P list.

Outside of the heavyweight division boxing is outstanding at the moment. Some great fights this year and some still to come.

I watched the Tony Sibson v Marvellous Marvin Hagler fight again last night. They were fighting for the middleweight WBA and WBC titles. Sibson had previously beaten Alan Minter, so was our new champion and new hope. In those days it was heavily rigged for American fighters to win boxing in the USA against any foreign fighter. So our British fighters had to be well clear on points to win if it went the distance, as all drawn rounds were normally given to the American. Anyway, Sibson put up a great show, and hung in there and showed so much courage and heart. But of course the class of Hagler was clear to see, and he won by a technical knockout in the 6th round. What a boxer Hagler was.

This Tyson Fury fight in October v Francis Ngannou. Frank Warren saying it's not about the money, Lol. Of course it is. Ngannou is an MMA champion. If they have a boxing fight under boxing rules in a boxing ring, Fury wins. If they had a MMA fight in a MMA ring, Ngannou wins. It's a show, a massive money making show for all involved. Even a long retired Floyd Mayweather Jr aged 40yrs old beat Conor McGregor in his prime at 29yrs in the boxing ring, such is the advantage to the man in his own sport.
By the way, the billing is 'The Heavyweight Fight Of The Century', which it's not. It's also in Saudi and backed by Saudi money. Saudi is putting itself on the World map in sport by luring the top sportsmen with money. They have done it with Golf, football, Formula 1 and now boxing, with other sports in the pipeline. It's not so bad if the people lured by the money just admit it's the money. At least some of the golfers admitted it that joined the Saudi Liv tour. Although the PGA have admitted defeat in losing a lot of good players, so have just done a deal with Saudi Liv. So come on boxing promoters and boxers. Just be more honest.

Last edited:
Can't believe anything Fury says unfortunately, great boxer but can't stand listening to him most of the time. He should have fought Usyk for the undisputed.

Such a shame, the whole heavyweight division being held up because they believe they’ll get a big pay day in Saudi. The governing bodies should step in. The WBC protecting Fury is a joke. Make him fight a mandatory, and make sure it’s not Wilder! Ruiz has been moved down to 5th due to inactivity, the same should happen to Wilder.

This Tyson Fury fight in October v Francis Ngannou. Frank Warren saying it's not about the money, Lol. Of course it is. Ngannou is an MMA champion. If they have a boxing fight under boxing rules in a boxing ring, Fury wins. If they had a MMA fight in a MMA ring, Ngannou wins. It's a show, a massive money making show for all involved. Even a long retired Floyd Mayweather Jr aged 40yrs old beat Conor McGregor in his prime at 29yrs in the boxing ring, such is the advantage to the man in his own sport.
By the way, the billing is 'The Heavyweight Fight Of The Century', which it's not. It's also in Saudi and backed by Saudi money. Saudi is putting itself on the World map in sport by luring the top sportsmen with money. They have done it with Golf, football, Formula 1 and now boxing, with other sports in the pipeline. It's not so bad if the people lured by the money just admit it's the money. At least some of the golfers admitted it that joined the Saudi Liv tour. Although the PGA have admitted defeat in losing a lot of good players, so have just done a deal with Saudi Liv. So come on boxing promoters and boxers. Just be more honest.
Fury is building it up as a legitimate competition pre fight but I'm sure in time Fury will admit it wasn't a challenge and sell it as him giving a champion a payday he deserves. Ngannous highest payday in mma was 600k and he's apparently getting 10m for this fight! It is actually a very nice thing to do, but it's also an excuse to dodge Usyk again. If Fury had done this after Usyk I'd praise him, or even if he fights Usyk next. I don't think that's going to happen though

If you are into your boxing you need to listen to The Fight Disciples. They are very well connected and it's like listening to two mates chatting at the pub. However, they also know their boxing and MMA.

My point being is that they said on their Monday show that they have heard ramblings that Fury vs Usyk will be happening. Which will probably also mean that Joshua will fight Wilder and hopefully we will have a round robin. Winner fights winner, loser fights loser.

It's been a dreadful few years in the heavyweight division! I'd love it be in the UK but I'd also like it to just happen! What's the difference between it being in Saudi instead of Vegas. I don't fault the guys for wanting to earn some cheddar! They get their heads smacked multiple times for a job! It can ruin lives.

As for the Ngannou fight.

It's like put Novak Djokovic in a tennis match against the no.1 Badminton player.

Well I think that surprised all of us but Ngannou won that fight, the judges would never give it to him with the cash cow of the Usyk fight on the horizon but I'm not alone in thinking Ngannou was a clear winner. I'm not a massive Fury fan but I think that is more down to the fact I can't stand his Dad, who seems to be involved with everything. Fury killed his legacy tonight, no way he can be mentioned in the best heavyweights of all time after that.

Well I think that surprised all of us but Ngannou won that fight, the judges would never give it to him with the cash cow of the Usyk fight on the horizon but I'm not alone in thinking Ngannou was a clear winner. I'm not a massive Fury fan but I think that is more down to the fact I can't stand his Dad, who seems to be involved with everything. Fury killed his legacy tonight, no way he can be mentioned in the best heavyweights of all time after that.
This is why I can’t take boxing seriously any more.

This is why I can’t take boxing seriously any more.
That wasn’t boxing, that was an exhibition.

2023 has been an excellent year for boxing. We’ve had multiple undisputed fights including a fight we never thought we would see in Crawford v Spence. Some absolutely fantastic fights this year, unfortunately things like this and the Conor Benn situation get the most attention and let the sport down.

The casual boxing fan probably has never heard of half of the boxers in the great fights because they aren’t mainstream names. So unfortunately when AJ fights bums and Fury has an exhibition and an old boxing legends son pops hot for drugs boxing is in the mud.

Sorry I don’t buy that! It’s not boxing it’s the circus.

That wasn’t boxing, that was an exhibition.

2023 has been an excellent year for boxing. We’ve had multiple undisputed fights including a fight we never thought we would see in Crawford v Spence. Some absolutely fantastic fights this year, unfortunately things like this and the Conor Benn situation get the most attention and let the sport down.

The casual boxing fan probably has never heard of half of the boxers in the great fights because they aren’t mainstream names. So unfortunately when AJ fights bums and Fury has an exhibition and an old boxing legends son pops hot for drugs boxing is in the mud.

Sorry I don’t buy that! It’s not boxing it’s the circus.
Ok should’ve clarified. I meant the high profile televised ‘box office’ side of boxing. It’s all about cash. Yes of course there’s still some excellent boxers out there and great, well contested fights but there was no way Fury wasn’t going to win that on points. Circus is right, now we’ll have weeks of Fury vs Usyk over hyped bull****. Will Fury turn up?

Ok should’ve clarified. I meant the high profile televised ‘box office’ side of boxing. It’s all about cash. Yes of course there’s still some excellent boxers out there and great, well contested fights but there was no way Fury wasn’t going to win that on points. Circus is right, now we’ll have weeks of Fury vs Usyk over hyped bull****. Will Fury turn up?
Fury has been known to put in lacklustre displays against lesser opponents and then turn up on the big nights.

The only thing last night benefitted was Fury’s bank balance, it was a cash grab and nothing more.

I only saw the highlights, but it looked like Fury was in bad shape. It looked like all that partying had caught up with him, and he didn't prepare properly for this fight. Almost everyone's saying he lost, so again boxing has shown how corrupt it can be for certain fights where future money talks, and they need a certain boxer to win.
And don't get me started on Benn Jnr's 2 failed drug tests. Him blaming it on eggs, etc. Give me a break. But of course money talks, and they are trying their hardest to make him innocent so the big money fights can happen. If he was a nobody boxer, his career would have been over.

Fury has been known to put in lacklustre displays against lesser opponents and then turn up on the big nights.

The only thing last night benefitted was Fury’s bank balance, it was a cash grab and nothing more.
He should have been able to put on a lacklustre performance and still of won easily against a man who has never fought a professional boxing match. Fury is a circus, hope the Usyk fight goes ahead and Usyk beats him. Tyson has obvious talent but his family are a stain and without Tyson, John & Tommy are nothing. Would be quite happy for them to fade into obscurity

Tysons, dad is an idiot , taking his shirt off and offering Mike Tyson out LOL , then trying to high jack the weigh in . He is what the traverling community call a Din Low .

Tysons, dad is an idiot , taking his shirt off and offering Mike Tyson out LOL , then trying to high jack the weigh in . He is what the traverling community call a Din Low .
He's a complete scum bag. He had what was meant to be a clean fight with another traveller after a long running feud, and he gouged his eye out. The fair play men couldn't stop him. He got 11 years but served 4.

He should have been able to put on a lacklustre performance and still of won easily against a man who has never fought a professional boxing match. Fury is a circus, hope the Usyk fight goes ahead and Usyk beats him. Tyson has obvious talent but his family are a stain and without Tyson, John & Tommy are nothing. Would be quite happy for them to fade into obscurity
I genuinely don’t think he cared much for the fight. Fury has a habit of going through phases of being a bit odd and his bipolar could be a reason for not giving a **** about it.

It sounds like I’m making excuses for him because I am! Fury is without a doubt the best heavyweight in the division. His trilogy with Wilder will go down as one of the greatest trilogies in the history of boxing! I’d love him to be mentally and physically fit for every fight because he is unreal when on form.

Totally agree the other idiots that share the same name as him let him down. In a similar vain other fights have hangers on who bring their fighters down and advise them wrong. BJS and AJ come to mind!

I’d love Fury to put on a clinic against Usyk and walk off into the sunset with all the belts (won’t happen anyway because of greedy sanctioning bodies).

I see Hearn has come out and said Fury should fight AJ now because he would beat him 🤣 always has to make anything about him!

Back