• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hearn is peddling his usual **** lines again. “Wilder isn’t even picking up the phone”

I’m jesting of course. I’d never go for that kind of bet.

I want first class flights, penthouse suite, Inner Ringside seats & 10k spending money :Smile:

Why not make it a private jet?

AJ v Whyte, Wembley... done deal!

To be fair to Whyte he does deserve another shot but I can't see anything but the same result against AJ. I don't buy the talk of Whyte being a massively improved fighter since last time, yes he has improved but not to that level IMO. Lets not forget that AJ has done a bit since that fight too! I haven't seen the level of improvement from Whyte to trouble Joshua, it's just talk to make Whyte seem like a credible opponent when the only 2 big fights are Wilder or Fury.

To be fair to Whyte he does deserve another shot but I can't see anything but the same result against AJ. I don't buy the talk of Whyte being a massively improved fighter since last time, yes he has improved but not to that level IMO. Lets not forget that AJ has done a bit since that fight too! I haven't seen the level of improvement from Whyte to trouble Joshua, it's just talk to make Whyte seem like a credible opponent when the only 2 big fights are Wilder or Fury.

He’s in that small select group outside the top 3. Which at the moment is slim pickings, he had a good 2018 with some good results but nothing to trouble AJ. I don’t think it will be as clear cut as the first fight and may gonthe distance. Not a fight I want to see but I think it’s a better fight than Miller. Was hoping Fury v AJ happened like it was rumoured but unfortunately they’ve gone for this fight.

Boxing tonight:

A ‘prospects’ card from Matchroom at the o2.

Ted Cheeseman headlines against Sergio Garcia for the European Title. Couple of other fights on there but nothing overly exciting. But it’s free on Sky Sports.

Then later on in the early hours of Sunday morning we have Álvarez v Kovalev 2 the rematch this will be a good fight and hopefully Álvarez smashes Kovalev again! The fight I’m most looking forward to is Teofimo Lopez on the undercard. Also we have the return of Oscar Valdez his first fight since his war against Scott Quigg and a potential future opponent against Josh Warrington. Unfortunately if you’re not a BoxNation subscriber you will have to stream this one.

This is a terrible card, why they’ve done it at the o2 is beyond me. Okolie and Cash knocking out Hungarian bouncers. Hopefully Richards v Ball brings something exciting. Feel sorry for the dopey ****s who have paid money for this.

Ted Cheeseman got absolutely outclassed by a good fighter in Sergio Garcia. Once again Hearn has put one of his prospects in with an unknown European fighter and his prospect has been destroyed. Same happened with Lewis Ritson. This is the problem with chucking these lads on the top of bills and in with unknown European fighters who have had a better record fighting live opponents not just bouncers brought in to get highlight reel knock outs. I don’t like Cheeseman, think he’s a bit of a knob and average fighter so glad he lost. He fought awful and just dropping your guard so he can pile shots into your head is just stupid. Even if you know he didn’t have the knock out power. He does that against the likes of Liam Smith or Kell Brook he will get put to sleep!

Kovalev got his win in comfortable fashion. Poor showing from Álvarez as I wanted him to retire Kovalev. Hopefully they’ll get Anthony Yarde in with Kovalev as that lad needs to step up.

No stranger from eccentricity, Chris Eubank is currently engaged in what can only be described as a bizarre twitter battle.

He’s recently told a story of how he won the NY Lottery years ago, only to be conned by the proprietor of the shop where he bought the ticket, by handing the winning ticket worth $700k over, in exchange for a measly $25.

Not surprisingly, this has attracted some unwanted attention, where inbetween fits of laughter, people have been calling Eubank out, claiming the story to be lies. Chris has now got involved in a few back and forths, deriding the doubters & trying to solidify he’s claims.

If Eubank’s life were turned into a sitcom (and not that crap programme he did years ago), I don’t think people would believe it.

And to end my post, for no other reason than it makes me laugh, here’s a picture of the certified law enforcement marshal of The Louisiana PD, Sergeant Eubank...

878BDD6B-6470-4413-A264-B41CF6B06C08.jpeg

I met him at a book signing in Chelmsford years ago and he even made an entrance there like he was royalty. Shook his hand and it was ****ing massive! I liked him until his son came on the scene who I think is an absolute belter and his dad doesn’t help his case. I’d love to see DeGale spark Eubank!

I met him at a book signing in Chelmsford years ago and he even made an entrance there like he was royalty. Shook his hand and it was ****ing massive! I liked him until his son came on the scene who I think is an absolute belter and his dad doesn’t help his case. I’d love to see DeGale spark Eubank!

That is really odd, must have met him at the same book signing at waterstones in Chelmsford. I also shook his hand and had my photo taken with him. I also thought his hands were massive and you can see in the photo how big they are compared to mine. I know the photo is in the front cover of the book, i'll dig it out tonight and put it on here. 2003 was when the book came out!

That is really odd, must have met him at the same book signing at waterstones in Chelmsford. I also shook his hand and had my photo taken with him. I also thought his hands were massive and you can see in the photo how big they are compared to mine. I know the photo is in the front cover of the book, i'll dig it out tonight and put it on here. 2003 was when the book came out!

There was a picture of me next to him in the Essex Chronicle when he arrived.

Back