• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

If he hadn’t been crippled through boxing, he’d have continued without a doubt in my mind. He had a distinct love for bloodsports, and if it wasn’t this, it would have been something else, to the detriment of another being.

His callousness towards animals was (and still is) clear.

I’ve got no doubt he felt sorrow for his own “favourite” fighting dog, but under no circumstances do I think he showed an ounce of remorse for the rest.

The ones that were brutally tortured and maimed. The ones who were poor fighters, or just too weak to fight, that were subsequently shot dead.

I doubt he cared about the family pets who were stolen to be used as the bait for the fighting dogs. Imagine a beautiful, good tempered, well-loved family pet being stolen, maimed & thrown into a concrete pit, to be ripped to pieces. I don’t suppose he cared about how a young child would feel, after their best friend went missing.

IIRC, his family (mainly his sister I believe) lead a campaign years ago, to stop these stories about his love of this stuff getting out/being published. Some of the videos disappeared, but there’s still enough information out there that tells the story.

To put it mildly, this stuff stirs up a whole spectrum of emotions in me. The only thing that gives me some solace, is knowing the thought that everytime McClellan hears a dog barking, he gets petrified.

Its fair enough, I would never excuse it because it is horrific. I think it is just the view that he deserves to be a vegetable now that sits uneasy with me even though I do understand your viewpoint. It's one of those moral dilemmas

Its fair enough, I would never excuse it because it is horrific. I think it is just the view that he deserves to be a vegetable now that sits uneasy with me even though I do understand your viewpoint. It's one of those moral dilemmas

As I said mate, I can fully understand why people wouldn’t like my view of the matter, & I fully respect the fact that everyone is entitled to their own opinions. I certainly wouldn’t expect people to agree and take my standpoint either.

I can’t & won’t change it though. Animal cruelty is one of the only things in life that really riles me up, and has the ability to bring out the heartless, evil b@astard in me.

The WBSS is falling to pieces with rumours of fighters pulling out. No major fight dates, such a shame as the last season was excellent.

The WBSS is falling to pieces with rumours of fighters pulling out. No major fight dates, such a shame as the last season was excellent.

I really like Kalle, but I’m worried the lifestyle might have gone to his head (along with the powder).

I remember Groves having sly digs at him, in the run up to his fight with Callum Smith, and you just got the sense that not everything was rosy, back then.

Just seen that Rocky Lockridge has died.

Talented fighter plagued by inner demons.

Instead of that cringey meme of him that come about years ago, I’d rather honour him with this... a reminder that you shouldn’t actively try and provoke trained fighters. It simply will not end well

As I said mate, I can fully understand why people wouldn’t like my view of the matter, & I fully respect the fact that everyone is entitled to their own opinions. I certainly wouldn’t expect people to agree and take my standpoint either.

I can’t & won’t change it though. Animal cruelty is one of the only things in life that really riles me up, and has the ability to bring out the heartless, evil b@astard in me.
Baroness Lady Burdett-Coutts formed the Royal Society for Protection to Cruelty of Animals, Karma is real.

Sorry let me correct that statement , She played a major part in helping form the RSPCA, previous to that she was made a Baroness for forming the RSPCC.the titls was droppped upon her death.So like GBJ i also cannot abide anyone who is cruel to either animals or children.

Anyone else getting bored of hearing Anthony Joshua’s name and the **** Eddie Hearn spouts. It’s getting really boring now, just announce a fight I don’t want sob stories about how you’re doing all the contacting of people. Bore off! You’re full of ****, now just announce your AJ v Miller fight that you were planning all along.

Tell me is Miller a genuine contender, im not really sure of that , also Pacman hoping to fight agin in May or June and has told the boxing council of the belt he holds that they can nominate his opponent.

Tell me is Miller a genuine contender, im not really sure of that , also Pacman hoping to fight agin in May or June and has told the boxing council of the belt he holds that they can nominate his opponent.

Not really, he’s got no real big name on his record. This is purely a fight to get AJ out there and known in the US. Probably would’ve been better to have given Wilder a decent offer and introduced AJ to the US that way. Look at what the fight Fury had with Wilder has done for his name.

This fight has come under a huge amount of stick as it’s on PPV, I think it will bomb in terms of numbers. Eddie really needs to pull some absolute worldy fights for the undercard to make it even worth considering staying up to watch it.

As for Pac man, he holds the regular belt, I wouldn’t mind seeing him in against Thurman or Porter, win the proper belt and then retire.

Contender - No.

From a business standpoint, he’s the perfect opponent for introducing Joshua to the American audience though.

He’s your stereotypical American; big & loud. They’ll market the entire card as America Vs UK, which will sell ok.

The fight itself is a poor one. Miller is still a relative novice, having only fought 4 times in bouts scheduled for 12-rounds. He’s been in against fairly poor opponents & is in no way ready to face one of the top 3 guys in the world.

I haven’t seen too much of Miller, but I’ve seen enough to know he shouldn’t be any trouble. My early prediction is a fairly early stoppage win for Joshua. The money will be on 1-3 rounds, with a backup of under 6.

Last edited:
Contender - No.

From a business standpoint, he’s the perfect opponent for introducing Joshua to the American audience though.

He’s your stereotypical American; big & loud. They’ll market the entire cars as America Vs UK, which will sell ok.

The fight itself is a poor one. Miller is still a relative novice, having only fought 4 times in bouts scheduled for 12-rounds. He’s been in against fairly poor opponents & is in no way ready to face one of the top 3 guys in the world.

I haven’t seen too much of Miller, but I’ve seen enough to know he shouldn’t be any trouble. My early prediction is a fairly early stoppage win for Joshua. The money will be on 1-3 rounds, with a backup of under 6.

I usually make money following your bets so I'll do the same haha

Told you both, it’s going the distance!

Only way this goes the distance, is if Hearn wants it to. Which he won’t.

Nothing grabs the viewers attention more than an early KO victory. Joshua will be going for the stoppage, right from the off.

The inexperienced & unfit Miller won’t be able to last more than 3

Only way this goes the distance, is if Hearn wants it to. Which he won’t.

Nothing grabs the viewers attention more than an early KO victory. Joshua will be going for the stoppage, right from the off.

The inexperienced & unfit Miller won’t be able to last more than 3

I know that, I’d just love it to go the distance and it be a huge flop.

Back