• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I know that, I’d just love it to go the distance and it be a huge flop.

I can’t deny the comedy value in that. AJ as a Brand has taken a massive hit with British fans. Even the less hardcore fans are twigging it now.

Remember AJ’s tweet asking the people who they wanted him to fight next? Miller wasn’t even on there.

Remember AJ calling out the 28-stone Fury in a post-fight interview. They don’t want that work now.

Great shout on Camacho. I’m sure there was talk about his story being made into a film, but whether it will ever come to fruition is anyone’s guess. I’d suggest most people wouldn’t actually believe it, and think it was creative licence and/or sensationalism.

Number Three - Ricardo Mayorga. When a professional fighter takes a cigarette from Larry Mercant & sparks up during the post fight interview, he has to make it onto the list. Guy was a nutcase.

Number Two - Having read Mike Tysons’ book, it’s hard not to include him in the list. From knocking out fans, to cheating the doping control, to snorting half of Peru before the Buster Douglas fight, his story really is mad.

My Number One - purely for his dedicated and often incessant pursuit of Wladimir Klitschko - Mr. Shannon Briggs.

I’ve seen fighters try and engineer fights before. I’ve seen fighters try & rile opponents before. Never have I seen a man chase another fighter in a speedboat, and knock him off a paddle board.

That period of time, was superbly entertaining to me personally. Eating Wlad’s food in the restaurant, trying to break down the door to Klitschko’s gym, the press conferences, the post fight stuff. He was relentless, and I’d never seen anything like that before. Like a weird sitcom really. And conversely, I Met the guy a few years ago - turns out to be a very friendly & polite man.

My God, when he came into that restaurant and started eating Wlad's food, and then somehow got into a food fight - that was top drawer trolling. Little did I expect it to be topped so soon, but Briggs and his speedboat had other ideas.

Didn't he throw his shoe at him in the gym as well?

I think with the crop of Olympians, and the level of media training we really are missing out on personality at the moment. Usyk is pretty quirky and quite happily does his own thing, but outside of Wilder / Fury (and even they're prone to scripting), it definitely feels like we're bereft of a little personality these days.

You've got to want AJ to win, and win well, otherwise after Wilder Fury II, where does the heavyweight division turn next?

If AJ fights anyone other than Fury / Wilder, he's fighting bums for paycheques, so if he falls flat in this performance, where does Fury, or Wilder if he lands, turn next, apparently there's nothing but bums bar the top three.

AJ has to win well, so that Fury/Wilder have interest for their next fight. In fact, we want both fights to go well; that way the heavyweight division has a couple of future fights in the offing - and hopefully, we see some credible opposition rise in the meantime.

I seem to remember Hughie Fury being on the path to greatness, surely he must be arriving on the top scene too.

:Smile: Sorry, cheap shot for someone whose predictions have been so poor of late, but I can never resist.

I seem to remember Hughie Fury being on the path to greatness, surely he must be arriving on the top scene too.

Sorry, cheap shot for someone whose predictions have been so poor of late, but I can never resist.

At the risk of repeating myself, again, Hughie’s career has ultimately been stunted due to the Niemann Pick Disease.

He’s got time on his side, but I doubt he’ll ever be the same Hughie hat showed the potential before he got severely sick.

You’re half right about wanting AJ to win. For me it’s a no-lose situation. If he loses, it’s funny, and if he wins, the Wilder/Fury fights are still in play. Although, I’m beginning to wonder if I’ll ever see them in my lifetime, but still, AJ & Hearn might attach some balls one day

Problem is they’ve now mandated that the winner of Whyte vs Breazeale is to fight the winner of Wilder v Fury.

Then there is always the problem of if Fury wins, do we get the rematch or does he fight Whyte/Breazeale?

Then again if the Fury wins that and wins the rematch or gets through whatever is put in front of him. It’s Frank v Eddie and that never seems to work.

In the ideal world for AJ, Wilder beats Fury and they try and push the winner of Whyte Breazeale aside to have the fight.

Not really, he’s got no real big name on his record. This is purely a fight to get AJ out there and known in the US. Probably would’ve been better to have given Wilder a decent offer and introduced AJ to the US that way. Look at what the fight Fury had with Wilder has done for his name.

This fight has come under a huge amount of stick as it’s on PPV, I think it will bomb in terms of numbers. Eddie really needs to pull some absolute worldy fights for the undercard to make it even worth considering staying up to watch it.

As for Pac man, he holds the regular belt, I wouldn’t mind seeing him in against Thurman or Porter, win the proper belt and then retire.
I believe both Thurman and Porter have been mentioned

Loads of people on Twitter asking Hearn for some kind of refund because they’d booked travel & accommodation for Wembley on April 13th.

I shouldn’t.... but **** it.... hahahahahahahaha

Loads of people on Twitter asking Hearn for some kind of refund because they’d booked travel & accommodation for Wembley on April 13th.

I shouldn’t.... but **** it.... hahahahahahahaha

Don’t blame them the dozey prick announced the two dates for his fights so people will have made travel and accommodation arrangements for him to change it last minute.

Don’t blame them the dozey prick announced the two dates for his fights so people will have made travel and accommodation arrangements for him to change it last minute.

Yep, Matchroom even made up a poster advertising it, stating that AJ’s fights would be at Wembley, with the dates shown. It’s cost people hundreds.

Obviously Mr. StubHub doesn’t care about that.

I haven’t trusted a word the man has said, ever since the FightPass bollocks. This is a harsh, but vital learning experience for those people.

I said it the other day, and I’ll reiterate it now, Brand AJ has taken a proper hit over this whole debacle. Aside from a business point of view, it’s one of the weirdest moves I can remember Hearn ever making.

Interesting announcement coming up today. BJS is going to move upto super middle, Gilberto Ramirez has moved up to light heavy to challenge Kovalev. This vacating his belt which makes BJS the mandatory for the WBO belt.

Also hearing that GGG will now fight Andrade for the WBO middleweight belt that BJS was due to fight for.

I wonder if they will have the winner of the WBO belt fight the winner of this weekends fight DeGale v Eubank?

What are your thoughts on this fight this weekend. I’m a big DeGale fan and although sometimes he doesn’t take it too seriously he looks in serious shape and looks up for this. Hopefully he won’t do his usual and go walk abouts during the middle to late rounds. His jab will be key in this fight. It will be interesting to see if Nate Vazquez has worked on Eubank’s defence because let’s be honest it’s non existent. It will be an interesting fight!

I wonder if they will have the winner of the WBO belt fight the winner of this weekends fight DeGale v Eubank?

If BJS is going up, It would seem to be natural progression for him to fight one of them, from a money point of view.

Thats taking into account Frank’s inability to work with Sky, and his continued failings with BT Box Office.

ITV box office is seen as far more fan friendly in terms of marketing & purchasing, so it would do a lot more buys through that platform, than on BT.

BJS-Eubank II would be fairly successful & fun build-up/fight, even if it doesn’t mean very much.

What are your thoughts on this fight this weekend. I’m a big DeGale fan and although sometimes he doesn’t take it too seriously he looks in serious shape and looks up for this. Hopefully he won’t do his usual and go walk abouts during the middle to late rounds. His jab will be key in this fight. It will be interesting to see if Nate Vazquez has worked on Eubank’s defence because let’s be honest it’s non existent. It will be an interesting fight!

Meh. Im not overly excited by it, but I’m open minded.

I’m leaning towards Eubank on points. I think he’ll just about outwork DeGale, who as you alluded to, is prone to being lazy.

Eubank also likes to throw flurries in the last 10 seconds of a round, which are designed to catch the judges eye, and I’m thinking that this is where the fight will be won or lost. I’m envisioning the rounds to be slow, tactical affairs, which will be close & hard to split. That’s why the final 10 seconds will be so important.

Interesting that Fury has signed a co promotional deal with Top Rank and Frank. Wonder if this will cause any issues with the Wilder fight?

Watching someone of the Joshua v Miller press conference yesterday and the real AJ came out a little. Not the stay humble bollocks that we normally see, Miller got under his skin. We haven’t seen him like this since Breazeale got under his skin.

Watching someone of the Joshua v Miller press conference yesterday and the real AJ came out a little. Not the stay humble bollocks that we normally see, Miller got under his skin. We haven’t seen him like this since Breazeale got under his skin.

He looked a bit embarrassed when Miller shoved him. Embarrassed that he’d been sent flying so easily.

Hearn has announced Crolla Vs Loma. Poor Crolla

He looked a bit embarrassed when Miller shoved him. Embarrassed that he’d been sent flying so easily.

Hearn has announced Crolla Vs Loma. Poor Crolla

To me it looked scripted!

Unfortunately his chance to unify fell through because of Commey’s injury. I think Crolla is deluded if he thinks he can get anything from this fight. He would’ve been better targeting Commey or waiting for Garcia to vacate his belt and they try and get himself in the position to fight for the vacate belt. He’s just put himself in for his last world title shot because once Loma ends him there won’t be any going back. Linares outboxed Crolla twice and look what Loma did to Linares. Obviously one last big pay day before he jacks it in.

Well last night was an absolute flop.

Selby fight was made awkward for him by some awful cuts. He looked alright at his new weight, wonder how he would’ve got on without that first cut.

Joyce looked slow as ****! If you watched that fight in fast forward it would’ve look like a fighter fighting at normal speed. Stiverne is a 40 year fat **** and that’s what he looked like. He came for a pay day and that was obvious. It’s a good name for Joyce to have on his record but the fight itself was not good for his name. Plus I wished they would stop interviewing him, he’s thick as mince. The bloke has literally nothing about him!

And the main fight, DeGale is well and truly gone! I genuinely don’t think he has ever recovered from that war with Badou Jack. He just had nothing left. A better performance from Eubank. It actually looked like for the first time in his career he had a plan and it showed he had a trainer in his corner. Had he had one from the start of the career he might actually be a real world champion! His Dad was a nightmare as usual when Nate Vazquez was giving him instructions in the corner all you could hear was his dad shouting pointless advice. That man is poisonous to his sons career, he has a trainer for a reason now just butt out. Anyone who thought it was a great performance by Eubank is deluded! It was an ok performance against a man who is well and truly shot!

Where does Eubank go next? I’d be targeting Dirrell or Plant for a real world championship belt. Knowing the Eubank team they will go for BJS and he absolute destroys him. Now the rumours I’ve now heard is that Rameriez hasn’t vacated the belt and BJS is no longer fighting for the WBO belt. Rameriez, BJS, Benevedez (WBC in recess) all smash Eubank. Dirrell would be his easiest target and I think Plant would put in a good shift. He needs to stick with the trainer and keep his dad as far away as possible!

As I said mate, I can fully understand why people wouldn’t like my view of the matter, & I fully respect the fact that everyone is entitled to their own opinions. I certainly wouldn’t expect people to agree and take my standpoint either.

I can’t & won’t change it though. Animal cruelty is one of the only things in life that really riles me up, and has the ability to bring out the heartless, evil b@astard in me.
Agree with you.Love my dogs and hate animal cruelty and people involved in dog fighting are scum of the earth.Dont feel sorry for him at all

I think DeGale tried to jab Eubank to death. Almost fought one handed. Eubank has really tightened up his game, not so wild and open in the later rounds, and boxed clever for a change. The only plus for DeGale was that he wasn't knocked out. So many times it looked like he was one more punch away from being so after a Eubank attack.

Hope you got on tonight’s one mate. I had a score on it myself. Better than a slap in the chops

I was out with my other half for our valentines meal (we have it a week after valentines weekend as its much cheaper). As I wasn't watching I didn't have a bet unfortunately. I have even more faith in your predictions now though

Back