• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Wow, Schwarz was worse than I thought. Let’s get that out of the way first. As usual, there’s clear levels in boxing, and he just wasn’t cut out to be facing a contender of Fury’s level.

With AJ’s defeat so fresh in the mind, it was understandable to make a case for a potential upset last night, As it turned out, there was no real danger of that, as Schwarz simply wasn’t very good.

Fury on the other hand, did look good. He displayed decent footwork, picked his angles well, didn’t allow Schwarz to get in close. Again of course, I’m minded to consider the standard of his opponent, but if this was a show of how he’s sharpened his skills, it was a great display.

I was especially impressed with his defence in the corner, how he managed to slip out of Schwarz’s attack, and turn him into the corner. That was sheer class, and something you’d expect from a top Welterweight, never mind a 6”9 Heavyweight, weighing nearly 19 stone.

However, I don’t like the the overconfident, brash demeanour of Fury’s. I get that Schwarz posed no real threat, but the man is still a trained fighter, and any man who is nearly 20 stone, and trained to fight can and will hurt you, at any given time. Dropping your hands is dumb. Posing for the crowd is dumb. Laughing and joking your way through the round... dumb.

I see what the Americans are doing. It was on Fury to make an impact yesterday, not only as a fighter, but as a character. The ringwalk, the showboating & the singing were all part of the show. But there’s no excuse for complacency, and luckily it didn’t cost him in this occasion.

I’m hoping it wont be a permanent fixture. He certainly won’t be able to do all the crap circus stuff when he rematches Wilder.

Wow, Schwarz was worse than I thought. Let’s get that out of the way first. As usual, there’s clear levels in boxing, and he just wasn’t cut out to be facing a contender of Fury’s level.

With AJ’s defeat so fresh in the mind, it was understandable to make a case for a potential upset last night, As it turned out, there was no real danger of that, as Schwarz simply wasn’t very good.

Fury on the other hand, did look good. He displayed decent footwork, picked his angles well, didn’t allow Schwarz to get in close. Again of course, I’m minded to consider the standard of his opponent, but if this was a show of how he’s sharpened his skills, it was a great display.

I was especially impressed with his defence in the corner, how he managed to slip out of Schwarz’s attack, and turn him into the corner. That was sheer class, and something you’d expect from a top Welterweight, never mind a 6”9 Heavyweight, weighing nearly 19 stone.

However, I don’t like the the overconfident, brash demeanour of Fury’s. I get that Schwarz posed no real threat, but the man is still a trained fighter, and any man who is nearly 20 stone, and trained to fight can and will hurt you, at any given time. Dropping your hands is dumb. Posing for the crowd is dumb. Laughing and joking your way through the round... dumb.

I see what the Americans are doing. It was on Fury to make an impact yesterday, not only as a fighter, but as a character. The ringwalk, the showboating & the singing were all part of the show. But there’s no excuse for complacency, and luckily it didn’t cost him in this occasion.

I’m hoping it wont be a permanent fixture. He certainly won’t be able to do all the crap circus stuff when he rematches Wilder.
Good post.What did you make of Warrington v Galad fight? Was close and I think Galad will feel a bit unlucky he lost

Good post.What did you make of Warrington v Galad fight? Was close and I think Galad will feel a bit unlucky he lost

Warrington had the better punches and the better connections. Galahad tried to hold his way through the fight. That’s not how you win a world title and anyone calling it a robbery is clearly deluded.

Come on Nik, you know what Fury’s like him and BJS are the same. When Fury has a weaker opponent he will mess around and show boat. Just like BJS doesn’t put the greatest performances in when he has a lesser opponent. But both prove when they’re up against top level fighters they’re well on their game.

I love the showboating, I love the demeanour, I love overconfidence, I love the brashness, I love the entrance and absolutely everything about the Gypsy King! He is the best and most interesting fighter in the heavyweight division.

Galad was certainly holding a lot I agree.I think it was a scrappy fight and could have gone either way.

Close fight, and one of those where you pick what you prefer. Some won’t have been a fan of Galahad’s holding tactic, whilst some won’t have fully appreciated his ability to make Warrington miss shots.

Personally, I’ve always believed if you’re going into the Champion’s back yard, with a game plan of outpointing him, then you need to be impeccable.

I wouldn’t have said this was a robbery, just a very close fight that genuinely could have gone either way.

Come on Nik, you know what Fury’s like him and BJS are the same. When Fury has a weaker opponent he will mess around and show boat. Just like BJS doesn’t put the greatest performances in when he has a lesser opponent. But both prove when they’re up against top level fighters they’re well on their game.

I love the showboating, I love the demeanour, I love overconfidence, I love the brashness, I love the entrance and absolutely everything about the Gypsy King! He is the best and most interesting fighter in the heavyweight division.

Oh you know my feelings towards Tyson. I’ve been championing the guy since the early days when he was fighting down the road, in Brentwood. The unpredictable, craziness of the man is what drew many fans in, in the first place.

But he’s kind of transcended that now. He’s not Tyson Fury: Prospect, anymore. He’s Tyson Fury: reigning, defending, undisputed Lineal Heavyweight Champion of the World.

Taking into consideration how hard it’s been for him to reach this point, and what obstacles he’s had to overcome, I don’t want to see him throw it away, over something as trivial as gesturing for the crowd midway through a round.
It’s one thing to reach the top, but it’s another thing altogether, to stay there.

There’s a video flying around of AJ acting a bit salty towards the Fury fight.

He claims he wishes he could “go back to fighting some easy opponents”. A thinly veiled dig at Tyson’s recent opponent.

Maybe it’s hanging around Hearn too long, or maybe he just hasn’t recovered from the concussion yet, but someone needs to put his hat on straight, and remind him that he’s been calling out Fury & Wilder for years, only to duck them when they answered the calls.

Overnight, he’s gone from one of the top dogs in the division, to irrelevant status. Delusional digs towards Fury, won’t do him no favours.

There’s a video flying around of AJ acting a bit salty towards the Fury fight.

He claims he wishes he could “go back to fighting some easy opponents”. A thinly veiled dig at Tyson’s recent opponent.

Maybe it’s hanging around Hearn too long, or maybe he just hasn’t recovered from the concussion yet, but someone needs to put his hat on straight, and remind him that he’s been calling out Fury & Wilder for years, only to duck them when they answered the calls.

Overnight, he’s gone from one of the top dogs in the division, to irrelevant status. Delusional digs towards Fury, won’t do him no favours.

Maybe his true character is starting to come out. No one believes the ‘stay humble’ rubbish he comes out with. I think I’d like him more if he was a bit of a bellend. His snapchat is god awful! He’s got a lot of hangers on!

Maybe his true character is starting to come out. No one believes the ‘stay humble’ rubbish he comes out with. I think I’d like him more if he was a bit of a bellend. His snapchat is god awful! He’s got a lot of hangers on!

Agreed. The boy-next-door crap, has been done to death now, and the fact that people are finally seeing through it, should be enough to put it to bed.

Khan trying to stay relevant by mentioning he will fight Brook. It's boring now and i'm not overly arsed if it happens or not.

Loma v Campbell is pretty much done for 31st of August at the o2. Anyone going to go because i'm going to be there to see the greatest boxer of all time LIVE!

Just back from the Audience with Tyson Fury at the Cliffs.Really good night.

Just back from the Audience with Tyson Fury at the Cliffs.Really good night.

Gutted I couldn’t go to that, hoping to catch him again when he does the next round of these.

Khan trying to stay relevant by mentioning he will fight Brook. It's boring now and i'm not overly arsed if it happens or not.

Loma v Campbell is pretty much done for 31st of August at the o2. Anyone going to go because i'm going to be there to see the greatest boxer of all time LIVE!

Personally I love it. Not the proposed fight, as I really couldn’t care less about that, I’m more interested in Khan’s trolling.

Once again, I hope Khan gets Brook’s hopes up, and then swerves the fight at the last minute.

As I’ve said for years, Brook has always needed Khan more than Khan has needed him. And as a result of Brook chasing that fight, he’s stunted his own career, which has not only made him look stupid, but has completely tainted and ruined a once decent, reputation.

Ain’t no two ways about it, Khan has been living rent-free in Kell’s brain for a long time, and I can’t see that changing, ever.

Well worth it.He was on stage for about an hour and came across well.

I always see two-sides to him. Tyson, the boxer, who is unpredictable, entertaining, frustrating, knowledgeable & very engaging.

Then you have Luke Fury, who is just a normal, every day, down-to-earth guy. Glad you had a good time.

I had tickets to a similar one of these events a few years ago. It was Mike Tyson, at the Apollo. But for some odd reason*, he was prevented from entering the country - due to his convictions - and therefore the show obviously had to be cancelled.

*I say odd reason, because he had visited and worked in this country several times before this event, despite holding the same convictions. Work that one out.

I did get to a Ricky Hatton event a few years back. It was in Civic Hall in Grays, which was handy for me, living 5-mins away.

I spoke to him briefly before he went on stage, and told him that I’d travelled over 20,000 miles around the World, and spent untold thousands of pounds, watching him fight, so it was handy that he had come to me for a change.

He came across humble, and said he’d gladly sign some fight memorabilia after the show. Unfortunately his manager, Paul Speak, had other ideas & whisked him away, before I got a chance.

I always see two-sides to him. Tyson, the boxer, who is unpredictable, entertaining, frustrating, knowledgeable & very engaging.

Then you have Luke Fury, who is just a normal, every day, down-to-earth guy. Glad you had a good time.

I had tickets to a similar one of these events a few years ago. It was Mike Tyson, at the Apollo. But for some odd reason*, he was prevented from entering the country - due to his convictions - and therefore the show obviously had to be cancelled.

*I say odd reason, because he had visited and worked in this country several times before this event, despite holding the same convictions. Work that one out.

I did get to a Ricky Hatton event a few years back. It was in Civic Hall in Grays, which was handy for me, living 5-mins away.

I spoke to him briefly before he went on stage, and told him that I’d travelled over 20,000 miles around the World, and spent untold thousands of pounds, watching him fight, so it was handy that he had come to me for a change.

He came across humble, and said he’d gladly sign some fight memorabilia after the show. Unfortunately his manager, Paul Speak, had other ideas & whisked him away, before I got a chance.
Shame you didn't get your memorabilia signed specially as you followed him all over the world.Hopefully Fury and Wilder will fight again early next year

I went to a BJS one last year and he was really down to earth and an absolutely sound bloke. Had loads of time for everyone and didn’t seem in any rush to leave. Offered to sign any memorabilia you wanted for a donation to the charity of the night which was close to his heart.

Back