• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

BBBoC will have some questions to answer, if this goes the way everyone is expecting.

BBBoC will have some questions to answer, if this goes the way everyone is expecting.

BBBoC and Eddie Hearn. Especially if Rivas’s camp and the WBC weren’t aware.

BBBoC and Eddie Hearn. Especially if Rivas’s camp and the WBC weren’t aware.

Imagine the backlash of this, had Rivas got seriously injured, and not only had Eddie Hearn proceeded with the show, but the BBBoC actively sanctioned it.

Just think about that for a moment. Hearn would have been finished & the BBBoC would be seen as worthless

Imagine the backlash of this, had Rivas got seriously injured, and not only had Eddie Hearn proceeded with the show, but the BBBoC actively sanctioned it.

Just think about that for a moment. Hearn would have been finished & the BBBoC would be seen as worthless

2019 is turning out to be a disastrous year for Hearn

His hype train massively derailed with Joshua losing.

Katie Taylor losing but winning on the judges cards.

Load of his prospects losing to average fighters

And now this! It’s ****ing hilarious.

2019 is turning out to be a disastrous year for Hearn

His hype train massively derailed with Joshua losing.

Katie Taylor losing but winning on the judges cards.

Load of his prospects losing to average fighters

And now this! It’s ****ing hilarious.

The DAZN curse

Fury v Charles Martin, not the greatest opponent.

Not the greatest risk either, which is why they’ve gone for him. They don’t want to risk an upset like AJ-Ruiz.

All part and parcel of building up the Wilder rematch.

As you say, not great, but from a business sense, I get it.

For those that aren’t aware of what happened.

When boxers fight they agree on gloves and each team checks the opponents gloves and how they’re wrapped etc. The Rivas team agreed on the gloves that Whyte was due to wear before the fight. Come fight night they’ve gone into the dressing room and Whyte is wearing different gloves. Rivas team kicked off and were told to just get on with the fight. They were also denied the opportunity after the fight to inspect those gloves.

This whole fight and situation with Whyte stinks! There is still no statement about the whole situation. If he had a spliff he would’ve come out now and admitted it. Thomas Hauser is the only one with the info and no one else has any information. Whyte and Hearn keep saying about being cleared to fight but no mention of being clean. It’s a really terrible time for this to happen too with the deaths of two boxers in the same weekend. I really hope if Whyte has been taking PEDs then they nail the **** to the wall. It’s like taking a gun to a knife fight. He had a 2 year ban for PEDs from a ‘pre workout’. When you’re at that level and have had a fail before you would check EVERYTHING, you can check stuff on the internet or **** it bother the testing agencies and find out if it’s banned.

This is a crazy situation and very odd how little is known so far and how cryptic all the statements coming out are. Hearn and the BBBoC need to pay for letting this fight go on without Rivas and the WBC being aware. I’m genuinely intrigued to see how this unfolds.

@GBJ have you heard about the glove farce with the Whyte v Rivas fight?

Yep, the story went something like, Whyte’s gloves were given to someone else by mistake and he had to use ones that hadn’t been preapproved or inspected but Rivas’ team.

Not often your headliner’s gloves get given away by mistake.

Yep, the story went something like, Whyte’s gloves were given to someone else by mistake and he had to use ones that hadn’t been preapproved or inspected but Rivas’ team.

Not often your headliner’s gloves get given away by mistake.

It’s all very odd and the silence is worrying.

Hughie Fury v Povetkin to be announced today, good fight for Hughie.

Decent enough fight for both of them.

Unfortunately Hughie hasn’t been the same since the Niemanns Pick thing almost killed him. He just hasn’t progressed.

Still like him, and he’s certainly got time on his side, but to be considered as a contender, he needs to be beating Povetkin.

Tough one to call this, as it’s only the second time he’s fought somebody of this level. Parker is a better boxer than Povetkin, and he just about edged the win over Hughie.

I think Hughie can outpoint Povetkin, but he might have to improve his stamina.

Just seen this card is on Box Office

Hearn’s a ****

Edit: not the October card, this card

Decent enough fight for both of them.

Unfortunately Hughie hasn’t been the same since the Niemanns Pick thing almost killed him. He just hasn’t progressed.

Still like him, and he’s certainly got time on his side, but to be considered as a contender, he needs to be beating Povetkin.

Tough one to call this, as it’s only the second time he’s fought somebody of this level. Parker is a better boxer than Povetkin, and he just about edged the win over Hughie.

I think Hughie can outpoint Povetkin, but he might have to improve his stamina.

Second? It will be the third as he fought and lost to Pulev (the cut didn't help him). And personally I think Pulev is a better opponent than Parker. I also thought that Hughie just edged it over Parker.

Povetkin is a tough one as we know he is a banger as David Price found out. I think he will give Hughie a tough test.

Second? It will be the third as he fought and lost to Pulev (the cut didn't help him). And personally I think Pulev is a better opponent than Parker. I also thought that Hughie just edged it over Parker.

Povetkin is a tough one as we know he is a banger as David Price found out. I think he will give Hughie a tough test.

Oh yeah forgot about the Pulev fight. I remember that cut really stunted him.

Parker’s a class fighter, just another weird one who had all the potential, and just didn’t live up to it. I think his strength and conditioning is not only questionable, but probably the reason. The point was, Hughie boxed well against him. If he produce that same kind of performance, then he’s got a chance against Povetkin

Personally, I wouldn’t be surprised if Hughie lost this. He’s got a chance, but Povetkin might just have too much for him. Depends if the age and inactivity has caught up with him or not.

Its box office because of the Loma v Campbell fight.

It’s a bull**** fight though.

Hearn’s conning people - again - because of the name.

It’s not remotely a 50/50 fight, it’s basically an exhibition.

There’s only two fights which involve Loma that I’d be happy to pay, and that’s Gervonta or Garcia.

Last edited:
Back