• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I think there’s more to it than just the mask slipping.

AJ is all over the place mentally. Not sure if it’s the pressure, or he’s had a bit of a turn, but his entire demeanour has changed.

I’ve always questioned his heart, and if he does lose this proposed rematch with Ruiz, I think it could be the end for him.

Wonder if he has said to Hearn, regardless of the result this is my last fight and wants to make as much money as possible?

Wonder if he has said to Hearn, regardless of the result this is my last fight and wants to make as much money as possible?

AJ is contracted to X amount of fights with DAZN, which IIRC, is a relatively fresh contract.

I could be wrong here, but I seem to recall that AJ has to honour that specific number of fights, and can’t just retire - obviously extenuating circumstances aside - or he forfeits the humongous signing fee he received.

I remember when Floyd was fighting on Showtime, he had - I think - 3 or 5 fights left on his TV deal, which he had to honour, despite not really wanting to. See, he wanted to be a free agent, as he knew that he could start a bidding war between he TV companies, to earn even more money. Again, could be wrong, but I’m sure there are many little stipulations in fighter’s contracts, that stop them from retiring “prematurely”.

Back on track, Hearn knows how much money AJ’s worth, so I doubt he’d allow him to walk out of that contract freely, unless there were extenuating circumstances.

Aside from that, Hearn (and AJ for that matter) know that there’s still plenty of big money/fights available to them, even if he did lose against Ruiz.... Both Fury’s, Whyte, Price & Chisora are all domestic fights which are easily promoted & can draw enough interest to earn them a few extra sheckles.

I just watched here in the philippines on TV5 the Yarde v Sequiera fight , i wondered what your impressions off Yarde are,being an Essex boy myself i wish himwell, but i have reservations that hes anywhere near ready for a world title fight.The fight itself was a complete mismatch ,why they bothered to have judges i dont know ,it was never going to go the distance.Yarde himself appeared very green to me and still has a long way to go,yes he has promise but i would like to see him fight a fighter off high calibre before i even think of getting carried away.WHEN stuck in a corner he didnt appear to know how to get out of it ,perhaps thats because his opponent was classes below him .Anyway you will have seen more of him perhaps you can shed some light on your thoughts about him.

I just watched here in the philippines on TV5 the Yarde v Sequiera fight , i wondered what your impressions off Yarde are,being an Essex boy myself i wish himwell, but i have reservations that hes anywhere near ready for a world title fight.The fight itself was a complete mismatch ,why they bothered to have judges i dont know ,it was never going to go the distance.Yarde himself appeared very green to me and still has a long way to go,yes he has promise but i would like to see him fight a fighter off high calibre before i even think of getting carried away.WHEN stuck in a corner he didnt appear to know how to get out of it ,perhaps thats because his opponent was classes below him .Anyway you will have seen more of him perhaps you can shed some light on your thoughts about him.

I love Yarde and I’ve been shouting his name for years. Frank Warren surprised me with the announcement of this as he normally likes to pad his fighters then slowly raise them up unless a title shot comes against a bum. Yarde is big, strong and powerful we know he has the ability and power to knock someone out. He doesn’t have the greatest boxing ability but he has a chin and power.

Kovalev is getting older now and he showed signs of weakness in the first Alvarez fight and obviously got knocked out. In the rematch he came back and put on a masterclass and showed he is still a great fighter. He has shown he can get hit and will go down with the right punches. I imagine Yarde and Tunde will be looking at the fights against Ward and Alvarez very closely.

My concern when it comes to Yarde is his lack of sparring, he doesn’t spar. All of his training is done on the pads and bags.

The only way Yarde wins this is by knockout, going into Russia there is no way he will ever win if it goes to the cards. I really hope he does win as it will go down as one of the greatest away wins from a British fighter of all time.

LIONS IN THE CAMP!

I love Yarde and I’ve been shouting his name for years. Frank Warren surprised me with the announcement of this as he normally likes to pad his fighters then slowly raise them up unless a title shot comes against a bum. Yarde is big, strong and powerful we know he has the ability and power to knock someone out. He doesn’t have the greatest boxing ability but he has a chin and power.

Kovalev is getting older now and he showed signs of weakness in the first Alvarez fight and obviously got knocked out. In the rematch he came back and put on a masterclass and showed he is still a great fighter. He has shown he can get hit and will go down with the right punches. I imagine Yarde and Tunde will be looking at the fights against Ward and Alvarez very closely.

My concern when it comes to Yarde is his lack of sparring, he doesn’t spar. All of his training is done on the pads and bags.

The only way Yarde wins this is by knockout, going into Russia there is no way he will ever win if it goes to the cards. I really hope he does win as it will go down as one of the greatest away wins from a British fighter of all time.

LIONS IN THE CAMP!
Thanks for that Ricey.

I’m used to seeing my team lose and I can take that one the chin as I’m so used to it. But if I don’t see Anthony Yarde lifting that belt around 8pm on Saturday I genuinely think I will be absolutely gutted!

I’m used to seeing my team lose and I can take that one the chin as I’m so used to it. But if I don’t see Anthony Yarde lifting that belt around 8pm on Saturday I genuinely think I will be absolutely gutted!

It’s a massive ask. I just don’t see how he wins, unless Kov’s body has given up on him. It was only a couple of years ago that he was regarded as one of the best P4P fighters on the planet.

Personally, I can’t see past a Kov stoppage win.

It’s a massive ask. I just don’t see how he wins, unless Kov’s body has given up on him. It was only a couple of years ago that he was regarded as one of the best P4P fighters on the planet.

Personally, I can’t see past a Kov stoppage win.

If the Kovalev that fought in the first Alvarez fight turns up he has a chance. I think he struggles against the second Alvarez fight Kovalev.

I’m biased and see nothing but a Yarde KO. Unfortunately for Yarde that’s the only way he can win. He will never get a points decision in Russia.

Perhaps this can be a Rocky ivor v whatever rocky film that was when he fought in russia

Perhaps this can be a Rocky ivor v whatever rocky film that was when he fought in russia

Rocky IV, Rocky v Ivan Drago in Russia. My favourite Rocky film and it would be a similar win on the scale of things.

LIONS IN THE CAMP!!!

Come on Yarde!

It was that 8th round, looked like yarde was gonna finish him but ended up finishing himself.

Got the same problem as Joshua those muscles sacrifice the gas tank! He had nothing left after that and he was blowing after 5. He put in a good slog and showed that he will be up there one day just not right now.

Time for yet another Loma masterclass tonight. Anyone that thinks Campbell has a chance is clearly on drugs.

Hughie v Povetkin will be a good fight and will tell us how far Hughie has come. He’s only lost to a close decision against Parker and struggled due to a nasty cut against Pervy Pulev. As for the rest of the card it’s just your usual Matchroom hype trains against bums.

So @Ricey @GBJ where should my money go tonight, I've got a little kitty from backing Rochdale to beat us. Loma on points? Or a round grouping would be good

Can go into more detail later, but for now I’d say a double of; Povetkin on points, and Loma grouped round betting 1-6 or even 4-6, should be there or there abouts

Back