• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

And thank **** I’ve found a US stream so I don’t have to listen to the idiots on Sky!

Charlie Edwards a lucky ****er! He was down and out shame Martinez took that silly cheap body shot whilst he was on the ground.

Good effort by Hughie but once again just falls short.

GBJ I’m going to start betting on your tips.

£230 if Loma wins in 1st 6, if I hadn't got greedy and changed the buatsi bet from the one I posted earlier it would have been £600

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190831_223016_com.skybet.app.skybet.jpg
    Screenshot_20190831_223016_com.skybet.app.skybet.jpg
    470 KB · Views: 7
Another masterclass from Loma. Hats off to Campbell for a valiant effort just not in the same league I’m afraid. If he was an elite level he could’ve caused more issues as it appears Loma doesn’t enjoy facing a southy.

Some of the scoring for rounds was shocking by so called ‘boxing experts’. The judges got it spot on!

Now for Comey or Lopez v Loma.

Mayweather is in talks with Pacquiao to have a rematch in Saudi.
I can confirm that they are definitely in talks and i got this from as close to the horses mouth as you can get.Hope it comes off ,

I can confirm that they are definitely in talks and i got this from as close to the horses mouth as you can get.Hope it comes off ,

Not sure I’m excited as you are. They fought way too late in their careers the first time and this will be the same again. Manny looked great against Thurman and obviously there was the issue of his ‘injury’ in the first fight. There is a belt on the line with Manny’s WBA belt. Rumours are going around that Floyd is looking for another exhibition match in Japan.

Who knows, no doubt if they do fight it’ll be a huge spectacle. I’d love to see Manny do it and ruin Floyd I just can’t see it I’m afraid.

Not sure I’m excited as you are. They fought way too late in their careers the first time and this will be the same again. Manny looked great against Thurman and obviously there was the issue of his ‘injury’ in the first fight. There is a belt on the line with Manny’s WBA belt. Rumours are going around that Floyd is looking for another exhibition match in Japan.

Who knows, no doubt if they do fight it’ll be a huge spectacle. I’d love to see Manny do it and ruin Floyd I just can’t see it I’m afraid.

Agree with all of that. It’s a glorified exhibition bout. No real meaning to it, other than adding to each other’s bank account.

Can’t really get my head around Floyd’s reasoning either. The guy has enough money to last several lifetimes. He’s not interested in belts or titles, as he’s achieved it all, and has no intention of returning full time to defend them.

Even though I would always favour Floyd in this situation, it seems a massive risk to his legacy for very little reward.

Can only put it down to his ego, and desperately wanting that limelight again. He’s a weird **** in that respect. His social media accounts are cringeworthy to say the least. He’s an attention seeker, who’s desperate for recognition and acceptance, despite already having it. Oddball

Heard but haven't seen yet. Love Chisora haha

It’s Chisora at his lunatic best.

Thing is, it’s genuinely not an act with him. He really is that unstable. Some boxers put on a firework persona - Such as Tony Bellew - but Chizzy is seriously off his rocker.

I met him at the George Groves - Paul Smith / Katsidis - Ricky Burns double header event, about 8 years ago, when he was relatively unknown - before he made himself famous for the Vitali slap & spitting at Wlad - and even then you could tell he had serious issues. He wasn’t interested in talking to fans, but was very interested in chatting up a couple of old bangers that were floating around ringside haha.

I watched it earlier it’s ****ing hilarious. All the boxing ‘experts’ calling it disgraceful, I thought it was brilliant. He certainly brings entertainment. Wouldn’t surprise me if Hearn has spun it that he was the main event and then along came the WBSS and Taylor v Prograis needed the boost.

I watched it earlier it’s ****ing hilarious. All the boxing ‘experts’ calling it disgraceful, I thought it was brilliant. He certainly brings entertainment. Wouldn’t surprise me if Hearn has spun it that he was the main event and then along came the WBSS and Taylor v Prograis needed the boost.

The way Haye swings the microphone to him before hand and doesn't do anything to defuse the situation. Do yopu think he might have put the idea in Del boys head and just watched him go?

I think Chisora has a point, I'll be watching for the Chisora fight

The way Haye swings the microphone to him before hand and doesn't do anything to defuse the situation. Do yopu think he might have put the idea in Del boys head and just watched him go?

I think Chisora has a point, I'll be watching for the Chisora fight

I want to see the Chisora fight but for me the main event and the main fight to watch is Prograis v Taylor. They’re both elite level fighters and it’s the fight to see who is the best 140 fighter.

It wouldn’t surprise me if Hearn told Chisora to do it to gain more interest and sell the fight. Casuals know Chisora, outside of the Scottish fans who really knows Taylor and I bet you could pull 100 people in the street and ask them if they knew who Regis Prograis is you would be hard pressed to find anyone.

I want to see the Chisora fight but for me the main event and the main fight to watch is Prograis v Taylor. They’re both elite level fighters and it’s the fight to see who is the best 140 fighter.

It wouldn’t surprise me if Hearn told Chisora to do it to gain more interest and sell the fight. Casuals know Chisora, outside of the Scottish fans who really knows Taylor and I bet you could pull 100 people in the street and ask them if they knew who Regis Prograis is you would be hard pressed to find anyone.

Yeah you are a big boxing fan though. I think Chisora is right that the majority of those at the o2 and the majority of those purchasing the PPV will be doing it for his fight.

Yeah you are a big boxing fan though. I think Chisora is right that the majority of those at the o2 and the majority of those purchasing the PPV will be doing it for his fight.

Agreed, and that is a shame as Taylor v Prograis is a top top fight. Hopefully the Chisora fans will watch and enjoy it.

I’d say Haye has definitely been in his ear. You’ve got to remember, Haye is a marketing genius, who arguably, wouldn’t have done half the things he did, and earned half the money he received at HW, without that ability.

The fact that Chisora starts the press conference in an agreesive manner, and gets straight to that specific point, suggests to me that he’s been properly wound up, right before going up on that stage.

Nothing to do with Hearn, this one. He was visibly rattled, and desperately wanted to pass the buck to Adam Smith or Kalle Sauerland as quickly as possible. If he was the mastermind behind it, he’d have handled the situation a lot better, but he was just as surprised as anyone.

Whereas you compare that to David Haye’s quiet, smirking demeanour, and it tells you all you need to know.

As for Chisora being main event, yeah I kind of agree. I think the fight being tagged as Box Office is garbage personally, but obviously the majority of people have been drawn in because of his and Parkers’ names.

The Taylor fight is the better fight undoubtedly, but it’s more for the purists, and one that will ultimately be overlooked by the large proportion of those who actually purchase this event, IMO.

When Sky decided to resurrect Box Office, it was done so, under the proviso that it was only to be used for mega fights. The kind of fights that needed Box Office money just to get two fighters in the ring with one another.

Prograis and Taylor doesn’t fit that bill, as they’re competing in a tournament, so were bound to fight anyway. Chisora & Parker doesn’t command a Box Office draw either, as in reality not many people are overly fussed by the outcome.

This is the reason I, and many others dislike Hearn, as it’s blatant extortion of the fans. I had a look at Matchroom’s Box Office events over the last 5-6 years, of which there’s been 26. From that 26, I class only 8 as worthy of a Box Office billing;

Froch Groves I & II,
Mayweather Vs Pac
Frampton Vs Quigg
Fury vs Wlad
AJ vs Wlad
AJ vs Parker
Chisora Vs Whyte II (and I’m being generous)

Other than that, you’re paying to see names, not an actual fight.

You are both right that the main event is more important in that you are deciding the best in their division. I have no idea what sort of fight it will be as I don't know anything about either of them.

Chisora and Parker aren't even in the top 5 of their division but I just love watching Chisora fight, you know he will just keep coming forward and his fights are generally brutal. That entertains me. I can appreciate good technical ability but in all fairness I'd rather watch a Chisora fight.

Back