• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

@GDM, agreed about McKenna, however the lad has got GUTS to spare. He looks as if he loves a scrap as much as I love a pie and pint. He isn't a boxer but he sure is a brawler and fighter. I can see him changing to MMA cage style fights.

Better smaller boxer meets better bigger Athlete , intrigued to watch it but think AJ has the upper hand with his power , i can;t see Usyk stopping him

Better smaller boxer meets better bigger Athlete , intrigued to watch it but think AJ has the upper hand with his power , i can;t see Usyk stopping him
It’s a tough one to call and no matter what anyone says out there, THIS is AJs toughest fight! The Klitschko fight he was coming off a loss and 2 years out of the ring. This is the undefeated undisputed cruiserweight champion. Yes he hasn’t looked fantastic in his two fights at heavy, however he 100% has the tools to outbox AJ.

AJ is coming in light and Usyk will come in at his heaviest. AJ hasn’t knocked out anyone in the first half of a fight for 5 years now. And the longer the fight goes on the more it falls into Usyk’s favour. Like Lomachenko he spends the first couple of rounds downloading the data and then he adapts to what he has learnt.

AJ would be stupid to go with the haymakers, he has adapted his game to his advantage by sitting behind the jab. I genuinely could see this going the distance and see a controversial points win for AJ or even a draw. Let’s be honest for Usyk boxing AJ in the UK he needs to knock him out to get a draw.

A very intriguing fight and who knows in a couple of weeks time we could be talking about Usyk v Wilder for the Undisputed heavyweight championship. I hope not, but it is always a possibility and don’t think that either fights are walkovers.

It’s a tough one to call and no matter what anyone says out there, THIS is AJs toughest fight! The Klitschko fight he was coming off a loss and 2 years out of the ring. This is the undefeated undisputed cruiserweight champion. Yes he hasn’t looked fantastic in his two fights at heavy, however he 100% has the tools to outbox AJ.

AJ is coming in light and Usyk will come in at his heaviest. AJ hasn’t knocked out anyone in the first half of a fight for 5 years now. And the longer the fight goes on the more it falls into Usyk’s favour. Like Lomachenko he spends the first couple of rounds downloading the data and then he adapts to what he has learnt.

AJ would be stupid to go with the haymakers, he has adapted his game to his advantage by sitting behind the jab. I genuinely could see this going the distance and see a controversial points win for AJ or even a draw. Let’s be honest for Usyk boxing AJ in the UK he needs to knock him out to get a draw.

A very intriguing fight and who knows in a couple of weeks time we could be talking about Usyk v Wilder for the Undisputed heavyweight championship. I hope not, but it is always a possibility and don’t think that either fights are walkovers.
Agree with your prediction of AJ on controversial points. But the AJ/Matchroom crowd to then say it was a masterclass etc

I have no idea what to even think about Fury v Wilder. Fury should win based on the past, but I have no confidence in what condition and state he will turn up in, especially with some of his recent personal/family issues

I've got AJ by TKO/KO in rounds 7-10.
To be honest though I have no idea as I could see Usyk taking AJ out in the later rounds too as AJ will gas if worked hard...it's a real 50/50 this one and I am very excited.
I just don't see it going the distance...it's can't be Usyk plan as he'll never get the decision.

One of the most sickening KO’s I’ve ever seen from Callum Smith. Castillo was out after the shot to the temple and his legs and body were convulsing when he hit the deck. Horrible to see but hats of the the ref and medical team. The ref got him straight into the recovery position.

One of the most sickening KO’s I’ve ever seen from Callum Smith. Castillo was out after the shot to the temple and his legs and body were convulsing when he hit the deck. Horrible to see but hats of the the ref and medical team. The ref got him straight into the recovery position.
Yep shocking, hopes he's OK.

Hatton lost that, terrible decision, based on that Joshua wins because Usyk ain't knocking him out.

Hatton just got handed a gift. Shameful really.

He lost every single round, and that’s not even debatable.

Okolie has to be up there as one of the worst world champions. He is awful!

So how will this go? Will AJ play it safe knowing he'll get the decision? Will Usyk know this and press for a KO in the last few rounds?
I think Usyk will go for it late and end up getting stopped by AJ. I'm gonna say round 11. No result will surprise me though, apart from Usyk on points

Yep spot on with the decision. Usyk was a clear winner like scorecards suggested but Joshua wasn't useless like social media is saying, I wouldn't say the rematch would be a foregone conclusion. Great performance by Usyk, worthy champion

Yep spot on with the decision. Usyk was a clear winner like scorecards suggested but Joshua wasn't useless like social media is saying, I wouldn't say the rematch would be a foregone conclusion. Great performance by Usyk, worthy champion
He highlighted how limited AJs ring IQ is and he found his weaknesses and capitalised on him. If AJ wants to beat Usyk he needs to ditch McCracken and get a new trainer. Not taking away anything that Rob McCracken has done for him and he is an excellent trainer but look at what happened with Fury when he changed from Davison to Sugar Hill! He needs a change up because he’s so one dimensional and anyone with a decent boxing IQ would have the measure of him. He doesn’t have that one punch knock out power unless you’re at the end of your career and in your 40s.

Usyk is fantastic and he moves incredibly and would be interesting to see how he would fair against the only man with a ring IQ and footwork on the same level.

Let’s hope Fury is fully focused and we have a repeat of Fury Wilder II. I could imagine Fury taking on Whyte whilst waiting for AJ to rematch Usyk.

He highlighted how limited AJs ring IQ is and he found his weaknesses and capitalised on him. If AJ wants to beat Usyk he needs to ditch McCracken and get a new trainer. Not taking away anything that Rob McCracken has done for him and he is an excellent trainer but look at what happened with Fury when he changed from Davison to Sugar Hill! He needs a change up because he’s so one dimensional and anyone with a decent boxing IQ would have the measure of him. He doesn’t have that one punch knock out power unless you’re at the end of your career and in your 40s.

Usyk is fantastic and he moves incredibly and would be interesting to see how he would fair against the only man with a ring IQ and footwork on the same level.

Let’s hope Fury is fully focused and we have a repeat of Fury Wilder II. I could imagine Fury taking on Whyte whilst waiting for AJ to rematch Usyk.
I will bow to your superior knowledge as I know you really love and breathe the sport and I'll happily admit I'm a casual. I didnt think AJ was totally outwitted though, after Usyk took the early rounds he came back and caused problems in the middle rounds from what I saw. There is no arguing Usyk as anything but the clear winner but I don't think he was disgraced like the social media posts I'm reading are saying. I'd imagine the rematch will see a knock out, I think AJ will come in heavier and try to knock Usyk out but will probably end up blowing and get knocked out himself. Think it was a good fight and I think the rematch will be too. But like I say I probably don't see everything you do

Back