• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hey don't get me wrong I love watching him fight...he's deffo a different level. He's picked the weakest cruiser though! Like he picked the weakest light heavy, like he picked the weakest weight class to unify in! but maybe I'm being too critical...
TBH they probably all juicing, just some of them get their cycles wrong and get caught:Smile:
I think you’re being too critical. The Super middleweight division he unified against 3 undefeated fighters. Callum Smith who is a very good fighter and proved he was deserving of his status as the ring magazine no.1 after beating everyone put in front of him at the WBSS. BJS I am a huge fan and he beats most people at middle and super pre Canelo. And Plant is a solid operator.

Makabu is not the worst remember Lawrence Okolie is a world champion and he dreadful!

I wouldn’t say he picked the weakest at light heavy either but he picked Kovalev at the right time. He wouldn’t have had as easy a fight against Beterbiev.

Enjoy Canelo because there isn’t many like him. And certainly won’t have many after him not with the way all the promoters bubble wrap their fighters and avoid the hard fights.

In other boxing...
Looking forward to Crawford v Porter - that'll be a cracker...Crawford then onto Josh Taylor in Summer 2022?...jeez that'll be the best fight ever lol
Gutted Buatsi out injured - as that was fight of the night on the DAZN 18th Dec card - I've got little interest in Parker v Chisora rematch!

What do you guys think of new look Sky now Eddies left? They need to be given time to build a stable...I'm looking forward to the British light heavy between Burton and Azeez this Saturday (I love British title fights!!!). Not over excited about Riakporhe though!

Then next week we have Lopez v Kambosos, following week Haney vs Diaz, plus Arthur v Yarde rematch.

Then the week after we have Loma v Commey (love watching Loma!). And also that week Eubank Jr v Williams - I'm really looking forward to that one!

And we end they year on GGG.

Not bad all that...who says boxing's dead!

I also heard Callum Johnson has got a shot at Smith Jr - I reckon that'll be a who lands first wins fight!
Some good fights lined up.

DAZN are having a bit of a **** time with fighters pulling out injured and their champs losing their titles.

I think Sky will look to up their game next year and they are making the right noises. Eubank Jr v Williams is a great fight and one I look forward too. Much more appealing than Benn v Algeri on the same night.

Loma vs Commey is the one I’m looking forward too and obviously Teo! That lad has been out of the ring for way too long.

If I’m honest I’d much rather see Crawford v Spence than Crawford v Taylor. I’d like to see Teo v Taylor.

Lots of potential fights for next year, boxing is getting better but still has a long way to go. They’ve got to bin off these ****ing rematch clauses.

Joshua shouldn’t have a rematch after being schooled.
Courtneay shouldn’t have a rematch after being schooled.
Galahad shouldn’t have a rematch after being sparked!
Harper shouldn’t have a rematch after being sparked.

DAZN - Game changed :ROFL:

If you’re schooled or knocked clean out move aside and the next person should get a chance. If it’s close or controversial then absolutely do a rematch.

Some good fights lined up.

DAZN are having a bit of a **** time with fighters pulling out injured and their champs losing their titles.

I think Sky will look to up their game next year and they are making the right noises. Eubank Jr v Williams is a great fight and one I look forward too. Much more appealing than Benn v Algeri on the same night.

Loma vs Commey is the one I’m looking forward too and obviously Teo! That lad has been out of the ring for way too long.

If I’m honest I’d much rather see Crawford v Spence than Crawford v Taylor. I’d like to see Teo v Taylor.

Lots of potential fights for next year, boxing is getting better but still has a long way to go. They’ve got to bin off these ****ing rematch clauses.

Joshua shouldn’t have a rematch after being schooled.
Courtneay shouldn’t have a rematch after being schooled.
Galahad shouldn’t have a rematch after being sparked!
Harper shouldn’t have a rematch after being sparked.

DAZN - Game changed :ROFL:

If you’re schooled or knocked clean out move aside and the next person should get a chance. If it’s close or controversial then absolutely do a rematch.
Haha yeah they are now being refer to as ReMatchroom:Hilarious:

Haha yeah they are now being refer to as ReMatchroom:Hilarious:
The funniest thing is I’ve listened to a lot of interviews with Eddie Hearn. He says he has a lot of admiration for Dana White and how the UFC is run and how he’d like to have a similar process. However the UFC fighters and contracted and managed by the UFC. Whereas there are too many people involved in boxers, you have the promoter, sometimes a manager, their entourage and family and their trainers. All of these are factors in the decision.

Hearn will put in front of them I think we should do this fight and their trainer or one of the others listed doesn’t think that’s the one. So the man that gets a lot of the stick is the promoter. Whilst I agree with him he is totally not innocent, if he doesn’t believe in a fight don’t promote it, or if it’s a mandatory then let it go to purse bids and someone else take it!

Shock win this morning for Kambosos beating Teofimo Lopez through a split decision.
Yeah great fight though! Clear win for kambosos too! Lopez had no plan b…Loved the 11th rounds from kambosos after getting knocked down in 10th
All I can say is if Lopez moves up Taylor destroys him!!!

Yeah great fight though! Clear win for kambosos too! Lopez had no plan b…Loved the 11th rounds from kambosos after getting knocked down in 10th
All I can say is if Lopez moves up Taylor destroys him!!!
Yeah, I really thought Lopez was the future of boxing. Don’t really know what went wrong, he doesn’t seem to have taken Kambosos seriously. Remember Lopez outboxed one of the greatest boxers of all time in Lomachenko.

Hats off to Kambosos he threw a spanner in the works and it’s things like this which make boxing great.

Kambosos a good friend oh Pacman thy have sparred together many times,MP sent him a congratulations on a job well done. He has been a regular sparring partner for MP for qute some time now,Think it showed in the way he fought too .

I see that BJS has been a naughty boy and got himslef in a feud with some rival traveller family , videos circulating on socials look pretty bad for him

I see that BJS has been a naughty boy and got himslef in a feud with some rival traveller family , videos circulating on socials look pretty bad for him
Have more surfaced? I saw the one of the bloke making some claims about a knife and a gun.

When you thought his first interview with Kugan was odd, this is next level! I genuinely think the bloke needs to ditch his whole ‘team’ and go it alone. Ditch Eddie, ditch Rob McCracken, ditch all the idiots ‘advising’ him and go full Canelo!

I worry for the guy because his head really isn’t in a good place. I don’t think we will ever see him fight Fury or Wilder.

There's genuine talk of AJ stepping aside? I guess if Fury beats Usyk then he gets to fight Fury...which is what we all want.
But is avoiding Usyk a good look? Probably not if he want to be a 'throwback fighter' as he keeps saying!
He can beat Usyk...he'll be the underdog but it's not impossible!

Aside, did anyone see Sheeraz hit Skeete 3 times while on the ground - how that wasn't a DQ I have no idea - he's kind of apologies and offered a rematch but surely this should now go as a NC.
Arthur v Yarde was a strange one - Arthur looked like he didn't want to be there and was blown away in 4! Frank will be happy as his favourite of the 2 won :-)

What did we think of Haney at the weekend - hope he fights Kambosos for the undisputed...

We have Loma this weekend - always a pleasure watching him...

Also have Connor Benn - not quite a pleasure, I really want him to fight a live opponent, not sure Chris Algieri is anymore!

Brutal KO from Conor Benn and a fantastic statement win for him. Just a shame that two of the World Champions are P4P top 10 fighters. Think he would be better going for Spence rather than Crawford.

Brutal KO from Conor Benn and a fantastic statement win for him. Just a shame that two of the World Champions are P4P top 10 fighters. Think he would be better going for Spence rather than Crawford.
Was a good performance and ko…he really need to fight a live opponent though! Last 3 or 4 opponents were on there way out and feather fisted. Has Connor got a glass chin do we think?
For his own kudos he needs to fight avanysian, not calling out khan

Was a good performance and ko…he really need to fight a live opponent though! Last 3 or 4 opponents were on there way out and feather fisted. Has Connor got a glass chin do we think?
For his own kudos he needs to fight avanysian, not calling out khan
That is a hell of a shout! And a really tough fight for him. He says he will fight anyone yet I have never heard him call his name. He’s looking for the Khan fight for money reasons which I understand but if he beats Avanesyan then the big money will easily come. Thing is I haven’t seen anything yet from him that tells me he wins that fight.

Yeah deffo a tough fight but I’m sure he’ll be up for it - I doubt Eddie Hearn will risk that though…maybe lipinets? Welterweight is a stacked division though and I reckon he struggles with any of the top ten. Benn is quick and he does have power

Yeah deffo a tough fight but I’m sure he’ll be up for it - I doubt Eddie Hearn will risk that though…maybe lipinets? Welterweight is a stacked division though and I reckon he struggles with any of the top ten. Benn is quick and he does have power
Benn doesn’t beat Boots Ennis or Virgil Ortiz.

No chat in here since December!

Well we finally got it! 5 years too late but I personally think the outcome would’ve been the same. Khan has been an excellent advert for what British boxers can achieve. He is one of the very few fighters to break America. He’s had highs and lows but he cannot be criticised for not fighting the best! Even if most of them did chin him including Bredis Prescott!

Kell Brook had that great win against Shawn Porter and has been living off that ever since. The GGG fight probably wrecked his chances of being a force at Welterweight. The broken orbital bone ruined his chances against Spence. Had he not had that injury the result could’ve been slightly different. He was never the same after GGG. Still I’m a big fan of Brook and over the moon for him. He has chased this fight for years and he needed it more than Khan ever did. Khan will go into the boxing hall of fame no doubt. Brook I doubt will but he will have this victory over Khan and I’m sure that’ll be enough for him.

As for the fight! Brook is MASSIVE, he’s always killer himself to get down to 147 whereas Khan is a small 147 and started at 135! The size was always going to be a factor. Brook went in with a game plan of walk him down and use the jab! And it worked from the first bell. Khan was always looking for the counter but it just wasn’t hurting Brook. Brook came in with the jab and was battering him with the right. He was just too strong for Khan and the right decision to call it by Victor Loughlin!

Where do they go now?

Khan - Retire! Or chase money fights against youtubers and Floyd. Is the two only options left for him. I hope he retires because he cannot afford to take anymore punishment like that.

Brook - Tough one! Conor Benn calling him out is just laughable! Brook beats Benn and halts the hype train. But I don’t see Brook beating many others of the elite welterweights. He’s already lost to the top 2. If Spence didn’t have a fight set up with Ugas I’d have said that may be his chance to win another title. Although he’s got to get down to 147! He could go upto 154 again, but I can’t see him beating Charlo or Castano. I think he should retire! He’s had his ultimate fight, he’s got his win over his rival! Sail off and live off that and get on the after dinner circuit and tell people how you used those chocolate brownies on Khandasians whiskers Babi.

As for the rest of the card, load of ****! But who cares the main event was everything we wanted!

Back