• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

General Car Insurance question

Davros

The Whippet
Before i start, i'd prefere advise or experiances that are factual, rather than speculation in reposne to the below question...

When i moved into my house a year ago, i was told that the road was going to become a public road (its new build you see), but a year later they have finally decided not to hand it over to the council, and it is therefore now offically a private road...

to this respect i ask the question...

Will living on a private road reduce my car insurance??

i'd like to know before i phone the insuaners, incase it infact increases it for some bizarre reason!

Doesn't it just go on postcode not whether or not it's a private or council road?

One thing, you won't really ever be able to do online quotes as the website will overload if you try & enter such information! :p

Before i start, i'd prefere advise or experiances that are factual, rather than speculation in reposne to the below question...

When i moved into my house a year ago, i was told that the road was going to become a public road (its new build you see), but a year later they have finally decided not to hand it over to the council, and it is therefore now offically a private road...

to this respect i ask the question...

Will living on a private road reduce my car insurance??

i'd like to know before i phone the insuaners, incase it infact increases it for some bizarre reason!

Living on a private road (as i do ) makes no difference. It's postcode and garage/driveway that makes the quote better or worse. Always say you keep your car in a garage. Saves a few quid but not alot. Occupation helps as well. Publican will cost you loads so avoid that one. In fact avoid anything that relates to alcohol or driving, bangs it right up.

Back