• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

General Election - Voting ?

Will you vote at the next G.E. ?

• Yes

Votes: 17 94.4%
  • No

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Abstain

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KevinJH

Illudium Q-36 Operator
Not sure if this'll work but will give it a try, here goes.......

Something got me wondering when reading through one of the threads here in the Politics Forum a couple of week's ago. If I'm honest (and not wishing to sound like a politician here or a footy manager) I can't remember exactly which thread in particular but something was highlighted and struck a chord about the true worth of a person's vote and whether or not that it counted but that it mattered.

I think we'd all pretty much agree that it's a privilege to be able to cast one's vote but with all that's been - and of course, still is - going on, just how valuable to you is that vote ? Are you ticked off with the way Brexit's being handled ? Fed up with politicians doing what they want ? Or you're happy that some have the cajones to make a stand. I could go on but you get the drift.

I don't need to keep listing all the fore's and against's, I'm simply curious to see if;
Yes, you'll vote as normal
No, you're fed up with the whole shebang, or
Abstain, you won't vote this time (as a protest ?) but will do so come the next one.

Please, please please - this is just a bit of innocent fun, please try not to rip anyone's throats out if they post a comment you disagree with :Think:
Maybe just hit a selection and go put the kettle on.

Thank-you for humouring me - poll closes in 5 days.

UTB :LoyalSupporter: (and no, I'm not talking Conservatives here :ROFL:)

Yes I would vote

For who? I'm undecided. If it were held tomorrow it would be lib dem just because they are the only anti brexit party.

Does my vote count? In Chelmsford, which is such a strong Tory seat, it probably doesn't count for much. I'll vote nevertheless

Yes I would vote

For who? I'm undecided. If it were held tomorrow it would be lib dem just because they are the only anti brexit party.

Does my vote count? In Chelmsford, which is such a strong Tory seat, it probably doesn't count for much. I'll vote nevertheless

I reckon they will try to merge with the Lib Dems, possibly the greens too in a proper centrist party that is committed not just to put environmental issues front and centre but also invest properly in new ways to tackle them, plus is a fresh face for the EU to deal with after Brexit has happened, that tries to balance economic credibility with genuine social justice issues not mass nationalisations, open borders or multiculturalism in a way that makes it impossible to also question real issues in other cultures societies to go alongside those issues in our own. We need to tackle all of them and we can fix what we can’t talk about.

God knows what they will call the party. It will possibly be some mish mash of the names of the groups/parties joining together or some godawful ‘modern’ concept name from some marketing department somewhere.

Yes I would vote

Chelmsford used to be a pretty strong Lib Dem area if memory serves.

Back