• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Just absolutely awful. Our best two defenders sat at home, and a totally ineffective midfield starting line up. Well done Hodgson, that's a team of record breakers right there!

Look at the passion on the Uraguay bench, they wanted it more. Hodgson out thought, players outplayed, no passion, do they really care ? Ferdinand, Cole and Terry sitting at home is scandalous.

Usual non show from the so called senior players. Inability to defend combined with a lack of creative play in the final 3rd is only going to end in disaster.

Their best player was a half fit Suarez, their second best player was Glenn Johnson

Well one things forsure Englands best forward was Rooney , played his heart out and never stopped running.HODGSON is not the right person to manage England ,your centre backs were purrfectic.Gerrard is no holding midfielder,Wellbeck was never sighted,and the substitutions were all wrong ,well no all sorry,Roy made the right one when he finally took Wellbeck off, Sterling didnt have the greatest of games ,but i was shocked when he was substituted before Wellbeck.Barkley when he came on just wanted to try to beat everyone on his own,and Sturridge needs to get some power in his shots , every shot he made had the power of a 12 year old.But seriously what terrible defending .:stunned:

Why anyone is surprised by England's dismal showing is beyond me! We just now have to be careful of that odious plank Greg Dyke using this as an excuse to persist with the League 3 nonsense.

Sadly same old England. A manager who doesnt know his best team, too loyal to his favourites rather than players in form. Someone on here waxed lyrical about Danny Wellbeck, god knows why. Captain Gerrard was awful both games. No leader at the back and Hart looks nervous on the big stage. This team like so many other England teams is good enough to dispatch the lowly teams of Eastern Europe but is sadly lacking against the big boys. I dont even fancy us against Costa Rica.

The Onion Knight taking some time off in Brazil

2a328324097eff4565de268dbe69cde1_zpsea91a0e6.jpg

Half time in the Italy v Costa Rica match and I'd just like to say that I hate Costa Rica and love Italy. Never thought I'd say that! 1-0 to Costa Rica by the way in case you're from Mars.

have to say that I started this World Cup, rather peeved that France had engineered a far easier group than the one in which England found itself. I have now come around to the rather stark conclusion, that it didn't really matter which group we were in, our frailties would have led to the same outcome. .........an exit at the group stages. Thus I am now happy to adopt my second team ........allez les bleus!........allez la France!

I genuinely enjoy the World Cup more when we aren't in it. I've only watched half a game so far plus the last 10 mins of this one. For me the World Cup starts now :smile:

Sadly same old England. A manager who doesnt know his best team, too loyal to his favourites rather than players in form. Someone on here waxed lyrical about Danny Wellbeck, god knows why. Captain Gerrard was awful both games. No leader at the back and Hart looks nervous on the big stage. This team like so many other England teams is good enough to dispatch the lowly teams of Eastern Europe but is sadly lacking against the big boys. I dont even fancy us against Costa Rica.

These players play so well in the PL in their respective teams. Just never seem to gel for England. They are so much better than it seems. Such a shame

Usual non show from the so called senior players. Inability to defend combined with a lack of creative play in the final 3rd is only going to end in disaster.

Their best player was a half fit Suarez, their second best player was Glenn Johnson

Even though he put in a great cross for Rooney to score from?

I'm really tired!

Portugal vs USA was utterly fantastic, but it's killed me. Glad there aren't any more 11pm games!

The US seem to have, surprisingly, the most passionate fans. I loved the scenes of them celebrating in I think it was Chicago.

Passion is the one thing this world cup seems to have been missing. I'm fed up with crowd shots of people waving at the camera when they are on the big screen. The event has got far too corporate and there aren't enough real fans there. Anyone waving at the camera should be shot, particularly if their team is losing.

The US scoring against Portugal was one of the few examples of unbridled joy - not for the camera but from the heart. There was a great shot of one Septic just screaming in ecstasy, completely oblivious to the camera zooming in on him.

Back