• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Genie cards

Matt A Shrimper

Right, im normally quite good at mobile phones and the like, but have been wondering if anyone here as got a genie card and if so how much/where they got it from? At the moment im on pay as you go vodafone with the free weekend texts if you spent 2.50 in the weekdays.

However i spend way too much on credit and have heard about a genie card which gives you 1000 free texts each month if yoyu top up a tenner each month?

Just wondered if anyone can elaborate on this or give me any info
upside.gif

You can get a BT top up card with a tenner a month top up you get 300 free texts. Genie is a derivative of BT but not sure they are still available

[b said:
Quote[/b] (davewebbsbrain @ Jan. 16 2007,11:12)]You can get a BT top up card with a tenner a month top up you get 300 free texts.  Genie is a derivative of BT but not sure they are still available
I do believe they went out of existence years ago, but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong!

I had a Genie Monthly Contract that gave me unlimited texts.  When BT took over and then changed hands to 02 they were constantly trying to change my tariff as they hated it and I was told by many operators they wanted rid of all the old Genie tariffs. No idea why though!

After nearly six years on the tariff I finally cancelled it only last week.  Guy at the other end said I must be one of the last ones still on the monthly tariff and 02 are pleased to see the back of them!!

As Webby said though, you can get 02 simcards off their website.  Often giving them away free too.

I brought a 02 Genie For a fiver in the 02 shop. All you got to do is make sure you have been topping Up in the past month to get your free texts -

£10 - £14 for 300 texts
£15-£29 for 500 texts
£30+ for 1000 texts

Back