• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Genuine honest message to the players

Tin Bath

First XI
Ok guys you have 360 minutes of football ahead of you this season or in old money thats 6 hours and then you have a long holiday. For us mere mortals who arent as lucky as you thats less than a normal days work and our annual holiday isnt a patch on your break so plenty of time to recharge those batteries.

We are right behind you all the way, as we have been for all the 49 first teams played so far. Its roll your sleeves up time for one last push, run till there is nothing left in your tank, don't have any regrets or what ifs come mid May. We know and YOU know that you have what it takes to stay in this Division you have proved that already. Its never a crime to go down fighting knowing you have given everything have no fear of that and if our dreams are realised and we finish above the bottom three that achievement is far greater than anything over the previous two years.

Also for us the fans its 6 hours of constant support that can help as well, lets help and push the lads forward and we can all hopefully enjoy the summer

Up the Blues

Exactly, as I posted last Friday afternoon, it's not getting relegated that bothers me, it's the not going out with a bang! Preston proved we can do it, so if we do have to go down, do us & more importantly yourselves proud by going down with a fight!

Good post.

It will be easier for us to stay up this season than to get promotion from League 1 back to the Championship next season. Lets go for it.

I think we should make this a sticky for everyone to leave their message of support, then maybe Scriv can hand it to the players on matchday?...

Good post.

It will be easier for us to stay up this season than to get promotion from League 1 back to the Championship next season. Lets go for it.

Agreed.

Seems to be a few people thinking we would be favourites to come straight back up, but it rarely works that way.

If we go down then I dont think promotion will be a reality come until at least the new stadium so makes it even more important to try to stay here!

Any side that can win away at Birmingham City, that can stick five past QPR and that scores three goals of the outrageous quality, timing and courage at Preston North End belongs in this division.

You are good enough, and we are totally behind you. So go out there and win.

:D

if we can stay up this season we will stand a much better chance of working on this next season as we will the standard is much higher in this league and start better than we did this season. just think our results in the second half of the season havn't been bad at all. if we had been like that from the start we would be mid-table. theres no reason why we can hack it at this level

we are good enough

If you don't stay up ......the puppy gets it

wall-puppy.bmp

I think we should make this a sticky for everyone to leave their message of support, then maybe Scriv can hand it to the players on matchday?...

Good idea, let the players know we are right behind them, no matter what happen at end of the season. Nearly 95% Southend fans have written you off since we lost 1-0 at home to Wolves on 2nd December, so go out on the pitch at Root-Hall with no pressure as we are not expecting you to win every game & we never though we will go to last 4 game of the season with an chance of staying up - games agasint Birmingham, Ipswich & Preston have shown the "Real" SUFC side who play football with no fear of pressure.

Just show your fight & passion like at Preston as you have shown what you can do agasint the best what the Championship has to offer - not many team win at Preston, what we did is to take the game to Preston & score 3 stunning goals - Sunderland got thumped 4-1, Southampton got beat 3-1 & loads of Championship side get beaten at Preston, but they did'nt beat you as you're good enough to beat them that why.

When you play Barnsley, go out there, play game of football, fight for every ball, don't give Barnsley room to play & attack them, warm their keeper hand with shots - shoot & you will score - if you do that, the crowds will get behind you for 90mins non-stop.

Better idea, get Murkey in to do the prematch team-talk on Sat at five to 3!

I only do that on FM2007! shame not in real life - If I get the chance, I would put my arm around Freddy & say "Look Freddy, if you want a dream move to the premiership, you got four game to prove yourself that you deserve to be a Premiership player by working harder than you ever did & close their defencer down & put him under pressure when he got the ball, help the team, get yourself into a shooting postion & keep the ball better, try not get cought offside & of cause score!"

How many time we lose a game when we expected to win like Hull, Barnsley, Leeds & Col Ewes etc, but we win a game we expect to lose like Cardiff, Birmingham, WBA & Preston etc! Its the fact that the players that cannot handle pressure trying to win the game the Fans expect them to win it.

If We Want It Enough We Can Stay Up We Have The Quality To Do So!! come On You Blues!!!

We have a vital role to play in getting behind the players from the start, singing as if our (Championship) lives depend on it, and chinning anyone who moans during the match!

PS - Could someone remind me of Ron Martin's email address?

Back