• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Kevin Betsy

davewebbsbrain

Webby⭐
Question: Genuine Kevin Betsy shirt?

I picked up a 2008/09 season Southend United shirt this morning. What appealed to me was not only did it have Betsy 21 on the back but it also had the coca cola football league arm badges and the poppy sewn into the front which was worn as a one off from what I remember for Armistice Day.

I don't recall the shirt with the poppy being available to fans though someone will correct me if I am wrong.

The question is, have a bought the genuine article? 20190602_110426_resized_1.jpg20190602_110438_resized_1.jpg

Hmmm that’s odd, I bought the one of those that was auctioned off by the club and it’s signed by the big man himself!

You sure you haven't been burgled?

My heart did drop when I saw the picture, but it’s missing the signatures on front and back. Thought the wife was trying to get rid of my memorabilia she hates!

You sure you haven't been burgled?

Or his wife chucked it without him looking!

I thought there was only one of these shirts for each of the team, but there could easily have been a 2nd as many of the players regularly change shirts for the 2nd half.

Where's @Southminster_Shrimper , our resident Kevin Betsy expert when you need him?!

Or his wife chucked it without him looking!

I thought there was only one of these shirts for each of the team, but there could easily have been a 2nd as many of the players regularly change shirts for the 2nd half.

Where's @Southminster_Shrimper , our resident Kevin Betsy expert when you need him?!

It does look genuine, the poppy is sewn right through the shirt and nothing about it looks fake. My only thought was if the club sold the shirts with the poppy on and someone had added everything else. If that was the case, Betsy wouldn't have been at the top of most peoples lists.

It does look genuine, the poppy is sewn right through the shirt and nothing about it looks fake. My only thought was if the club sold the shirts with the poppy on and someone had added everything else. If that was the case, Betsy wouldn't have been at the top of most peoples lists.

No, as far as I am aware, the Club never sold the shirts, they were just auctioned off. It was definitely a one off design, and we were one of the first to do it.

Weren't poppies on shirt originally banned by UEFA? I remember a big uproar when England played Wales on or around Rememberence day.

But the again, why would any fake a Kevin Betsy shirt?

No, as far as I am aware, the Club never sold the shirts, they were just auctioned off. It was definitely a one off design, and we were one of the first to do it.
The Poppy shirts were definitely one offs signed by the player and auctioned off by the club. I have Anthony Grant's!

Back