• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Kevin Betsy

I picked up a 2008/09 season Southend United shirt this morning. What appealed to me was not only did it have Betsy 21 on the back but it also had the coca cola football league arm badges and the poppy sewn into the front which was worn as a one off from what I remember for Armistice Day.

I don't recall the shirt with the poppy being available to fans though someone will correct me if I am wrong.

The question is, have a bought the genuine article? View attachment 8215View attachment 8216

Looks genuine to me. It's even got the smudges where it was signed before it someone put it in the washing machine!

I wonder if some poor housewife/cleaner has accidentally washed it and rather than owning up to her mistake tried to hide the evidence by putting it in a car boot sale?

Maybe SZ can find the original owner who got it from Betsy to validate it?

Nope, at a boot sale in Leigh Rail station. The woman had a rail of clothes and my son spotted the shirt. Once I'd picked it up and seen the poppy etc, I had to have it
The Coca Cola arm badges on your recent purchase are in a lot better nick than the tattered ones in Ricey's photo or on the Anthony Grant shirt that I have! The washing machine wasn't to be recommended.

Looks genuine to me. It's even got the smudges where it was signed before it someone put it in the washing machine!

I wonder if some poor housewife/cleaner has accidentally washed it and rather than owning up to her mistake tried to hide the evidence by putting it in a car boot sale?

Maybe SZ can find the original owner who got it from Betsy to validate it?

I hasn't noticed any smudges but I'll look again. Where do you think you can see them?

It's definitely genuine but as to whether it was ever signed I'm not so sure

Got mine framed, Arttech Framing in Canvey have done a stunning job. No more sniffing it now. :Frustrated:AD53A34A-DCD3-4709-91CE-A1D1C98721EB.jpeg

Just as a side note, I would highly recommend Arttech to anyone locally for shirt framing. I've used them for years and they're brilliant.

Back