• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Genuine Question?

hindle_666

Manager
As we are all aware Sufc has no assets as they are all owned by Ron Martins companies.
So does us going into administration give Ron the perfect chance to cut his loses and admit that the fossetts farm dream is over and not attempt to re buy the club?
After all would still leave him with a tidy profit from the Sainsbury deal wouldnt it?
Would that also explain why the club is againts fundraising?????

Last edited:
Probably me doing 2+2 = 5, but looking at Companies House, Geoff King was appointed a director of Martin Dawn Plc in July 2009, I thought Geoff was nothing to do with Martin Dawn??

Can a mod merge my post with

"The is this more worrying"
as along exactly same lines

thanks

As we are all aware Sufc has no assets as they are all owned by Ron Martins companies.
So does us going into administration give Ron the perfect chance to cut his loses and admit that the fossetts farm dream is over and not attempt to re buy the club?
After all would still leave him with a tidy profit from the Sainsbury deal wouldnt it?
Would that also explain why the club is againts fundraising?????

I very much doubt that would leave him with a tidy profit after propping up the club for years and spending 2 million on getting the stadium agreed.

I see no reason why Ron Martin would want out, he has far too much to lose.

If Ron doesn't agree to buy the club back but someone else does then Ron is screwed with the Sainsburys deal. He needs the new stadium for the Sainsburys money. As long as we exist then nothing can happen to Roots Hall

I think the whole plan is hinged by the council on SUFC moving to FF....no move no plan anywhere.

There is a covenent 9sp?)on Roots Hall which says exactly that.

I believe that is also in the Planning permission as well.

No redevelopment at Roots Hall until Fossets Farm is ready for use.

As Godber said, as long as there is a SUFC....

Last edited:
Is there not a caluse somewhere saying the sale of roots hall is only viable till SUFC are found a sutible home?

I rather imagine that covenant would lapse if SUFC were not to be around.

Back