• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

* ORM *

Still Loves Emma Bunton. Roy McDonough is God!
Flying the flag for SUFC in Sai Kung, Hong Kong
Shamelessly taken this description from another thread posted by Napster

"Geoffrey King is a member of the Chartered Institute of Secretaries and Administrators, a member of the Institute of Management and a Fellow of the Faculty of Builders.

Prior to his involvement with Southend United he has been involved as Chief Executive and Financial Director of a number of property and construction related companies. He joined SUFC as a non-executive director in May 1998, subsequently becoming Deputy Chairman and Chief Executive in March 2005 since when he has utilised his management expertise in bringing forward a range of measures designed to regenerate the Club's supporter base through the implementation of Community Marketing programmes ensuring the capture of data to substantially improve communications with the Club's supporter base."

I have just read tonight's Evening Echo and I'm apoplectic. Now I know that there are always two sides to a story but there are what appears to be some direct quotes from Geoff King. Forget all the speculation about RM. The quotes in bold above and the sticking his feet in it yet again is a ****ING shambles. As a Senior Executive of the Club he couldn't have done more to alienate the fans unless he walked out on the pitch on Friday night with a Col Ewe shirt on. Surely RM must realise he is a **** of the highest order. Unfortunately I'm not a shareholder but I'd love to hold a vote of no confidence in this buffoon. Where I work he would have been out of the door long ago. Public relations skills ZERO.

Geoff King you are a DISGRACE (this is my opinion and not that of the owners of ShrimperZone.com). I don't care what good you think you may have done the club over the last few seasons but please do the honourable thing and resign. Any remaining respect I had for you as a representative of a club I have loved dearly for almost 37 years died tonight. Ron if you have any sense sack this numpty and start building some bridges again with the people that pay the (cut down) wages.

Does anyone believe King makes statements before obtaining RMs permission?

Loving the effort with that flag on the facebook group, thatl be quality friday.

We need to keep him - but we just need to send him on some PR training...

trying to get King out for his (not very well constructed) comments is up there with clubs sacking their managers after a defeat or two... that happens on a regular basis, but doesnt make it right, and doesnt actually help the situation.

So King goes. Then what? We still have no money, and we still have to ship players out, but we have a less experienced management hand at the helm. That this an even bigger recipe for disaster... do we want the club to get through a difficult time??

We need to keep him - but we just need to send him on some PR training...

trying to get King out for his (not very well constructed) comments is up there with clubs sacking their managers after a defeat or two... that happens on a regular basis, but doesnt make it right, and doesnt actually help the situation.

So King goes. Then what? We still have no money, and we still have to ship players out, but we have a less experienced management hand at the helm. That this an even bigger recipe for disaster... do we want the club to get through a difficult time??

The guy has form - I seriously doubt he can learn any new tricks at this stage. And be under no illusions, he is just a figure head. RM makes ALL the decisions. Losing King is all gain and no loss.

Loving the effort with that flag on the facebook group, thatl be quality friday.

Yh the flag was made for oldham away becasue of the ridiculous coments that **** made about the fans in the west fighting each other at the leciester game.

So its coming out again friday

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone believe King makes statements before obtaining RMs permission?

It's more than likely Ron tells him what to say, but then it's kings own fault for being the patsy.IMO it's swings and roundabouts

IIRC after the Leicester incident, King got a telling of by Ron for his comments? Now if this was true, then King SURELY would have been a bit more carefull with his words next time a public interview took place.

On the other hand, like you say, Ron has probably gave him the go-ahead to say certain bits and pieces but GK's unnatural charm has come across once again and made matters worse

he's got to go

Back