• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

German court bans circumcision

Circumcision

• Total voters

Pubey

Ignoring the 'Jews oppressed in Germany' angle, this is a pretty major story IMO and it hasn't really been picked up over here.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2012/06/27/us-germany-circumcision-idUKBRE85Q19Y20120627

"It ruled involuntary religious circumcision should be made illegal because it could inflict serious bodily harm on people who had not consented to it."

It only applies in an area of Germany, but could have bigger implications. What are people's views about this?

Ignoring the 'Jews oppressed in Germany' angle, this is a pretty major story IMO and it hasn't really been picked up over here.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2012/06/27/us-germany-circumcision-idUKBRE85Q19Y20120627

"It ruled involuntary religious circumcision should be made illegal because it could inflict serious bodily harm on people who had not consented to it."

It only applies in an area of Germany, but could have bigger implications. What are people's views about this?

Surely the implications would be smaller?

Ban it for everyone under the age of legal consent unless required for medical reasons.
Judging by the laughter I have heard coming from groups of rugby players Woody Allen would get much bigger laughs if he could fit fifteen two pence coins underneath his foreskin.

Any such decisions relating to religious beliefs should be delayed till the person concerned is old enough to make it themselves. Regardless of which branch of fairy story believing lunacy it is.

my sister married a jewish guy and both her sons were circumsised by a rabbi,leaving the youngest son 3mths later going into hospital to have a major operation .i believe it should only be done by a qualified doctor,it's a dated custom a bit like somalian girls being butchered ....

It seems to be particular to jews and circumcision. I guess that's the main problem, but the law should be more general IMO to avoid being discriminatory.

I had it done for medical reasons as a baby. When I visited the doctors recently for a spot of tonsilitis my full medical history was on the doctor's computer and the first line had a date in 1966 with the words Standard Circumcision. I didn't realise it came in grades. Why didn't my parents get me the DeLuxe version? Is there a Tesco Value option?

Is there a Tesco Value option?

27195.jpg

I did a load of this at uni when I did Jewish bioethics. Essentially if it is carried out in a medical/hygienic way I don't see a big issue with it. One thing I'll never forget is how wrong mezizah always sounds though... Wiki it if you're not sure what it involves!!

I did a load of this at uni when I did Jewish bioethics. Essentially if it is carried out in a medical/hygienic way I don't see a big issue with it. One thing I'll never forget is how wrong mezizah always sounds though... Wiki it if you're not sure what it involves!!

So it's ok for a child to have no choice but to have a medically pointless (and potentially harmful) religious procedure inflicted on them. It's that issue I struggle with. There's so much prescriptive old testament stuff that's not taken literally, it's strange that Jews still seem so attached (or not) to circumcision.

So it's ok for a child to have no choice but to have a medically pointless (and potentially harmful) religious procedure inflicted on them. It's that issue I struggle with. There's so much prescriptive old testament stuff that's not taken literally, it's strange that Jews still seem so attached (or not) to circumcision.

Are their no hygiene benefits? That's what I was lead to believe? (less opportunity to farm smeg!)
Is there a real risk if carried out surgically/by a doctor?

It's not only Jews but Muslims too... And we're lucky that Paul won his argument with Peter in the early church or it would be have been Christians too!

Are their no hygiene benefits? That's what I was lead to believe? (less opportunity to farm smeg!)
Is there a real risk if carried out surgically/by a doctor?

It's not only Jews but Muslims too... And we're lucky that Paul won his argument with Peter in the early church or it would be have been Christians too![/

Last edited:
Your reply may have been to harsh but i think we all,well most of us share your views without you even writing them down.

Here is my knoob cutting story cut short boom boom.
Went in and had it cut off when i was 21 because i couldnt pull my foreskin back at all hence lots of smeg and infections,bloke who did it had his hands down the queen mothers mouth a few months befor so i knew i was in safe hands.
So after im in bed and look at it and was shocked out ugly and angry looking it was,had a pee in a bottle no probs but it was a different story 3/4 hours later.
When they finish cutting the skin off thet sow the raggled end to my knoob and put tape around the join,neat and tidy it was but unbeknown to me becacuse of the op my little chap had swelled but the tape hadnt so when i had a pee standing up in the loo the pee came out in a complete circle and not straight,very funny indeed but i and the floor and walls got very wet.
Question to those clever chaps that know about god,am i a jew or mussy?

Back