• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

German football

Uncle Leo

This cook is an anti-semite
A load of us are off to Dusseldorf for a stag do in early December and fancy catching a game while we're out there. Cologne is only a short train ride from there, so we've got their home game with Augsburg in our sights.

Typically, would we be ok to buy tickets on the gate for such a game and how much we'd be looking at to get in?

(I've tried doing a bit of research myself, but my German is non-existent and I wouldn't want to buy tickets from the likes of ViaGoGo)

A load of us are off to Dusseldorf for a stag do in early December and fancy catching a game while we're out there. Cologne is only a short train ride from there, so we've got their home game with Augsburg in our sights.

Typically, would we be ok to buy tickets on the gate for such a game and how much we'd be looking at to get in?

(I've tried doing a bit of research myself, but my German is non-existent and I wouldn't want to buy tickets from the likes of ViaGoGo)

Barna went in the early 80s. Parking was free then, if that helps.

They don't appear to be on sale for that match yet.

Schalke helpfully have their site in English but are away that weekend.

I went to Bremen last November and we got our tickets from ViaGoGo. No issues at all.

Make sure you get to the ground early. The Werder terrace section we were sat in was packed an hour before kick-off, with the fans having a bit of a chant-off with the Mainz lot opposite them that had also packed out their section.

Did she enjoy your wurst?

Arf!

I went to Bremen last November and we got our tickets from ViaGoGo. No issues at all.

Make sure you get to the ground early. The Werder terrace section we were sat in was packed an hour before kick-off, with the fans having a bit of a chant-off with the Mainz lot opposite them that had also packed out their section.

Thanks for the tips. My reluctance re ViaGoGo is around (a) it looks like the hike the prices a lot and (b) buying tickets in advance is asking for trouble as I know people will pull out at the last minute due to being hungover as ****. But if that's what we need to do, then so be it.

I've only been to one game in Germany before (Hertha v Kaiserslautern at an impressive, but very cold and pretty empty Olympiastadion), and am really keen to go again

you will get a ticket at the ground for that game,no probs.if you see people standing outside the ground,with a ticket-tickets in his hand,his hand raised high(like Adolf Hitler times),he is selling his ticket,normally face value..when you get the ticket,check the back off it,or ask someone,some clubs ,you can travel in the local area,bue,tram,underground etc for nothing 4 hours before the game & after the game..you can also buy beer in the ground &watch the game at the same time

A load of us are off to Munich in November and it seems Viagogo is the only option but as it's a Munich game we are talking between £80-100 just to sit in the away end.

Augsburg are hardly a big side so I'm sure you'd be able to get tickets on the day no problem. I lived in Kaiserslautern for a year and it was only ever the games against Munich, Dortmund etc that completely sold out. Price depends on where you sit, look on their website for tickets ('Karten' in German) to see how much it is for upcoming games.

uncle leo,just sent you a private message,hope you got it???part of it was internet side,try..www.fckoeln.de...top right, you can get the side in english.go to contact & write about wanting tickets.they understand english.hope you got my private message

Back