• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

German Love Parade Festival

Bromley Blue

The artist formerly known as the_saafender
Hi,

I've just got back from the Love Parade festival in Germany over the weekend. 19 people died and hundreds more were injured, some seriously, due to overcrowding in the entrance to the festival.

Firstly I'd like to say Rest In Peace to those that lost their lives and condolences to their families. However it shocks me that disasters like this can still occur. There was 1 entrance to the festival site expecting an attendance of over 1 million people, that's just crazy.

Luckily myself and my 2 friends were completely oblivious to what had happened and only learned of events later on.

RIP the Duisburg 19.

Glad you made it in one piece mate. Is indeed a tragedy and let's hope there's some justice and some people end up inside over this.

Indeed, very sad. You go to have a good time and you dont come back. The organisers should be charged with manslaughter.

Very sad and actual deaths are a lot higher than was originally indicated. Health and safety regs are there for a reason and when properly applied, DO work - they're obviously not as stringent in Germany and as CB says, the organisers should be made to answer charges here.

We got through the tunnel and saw people trying to climb up the banks to escape the crowds. To our left there were people climbing ropes and then being dragged over by security and police. To our right there was a flight of stairs. We decided to head to our right but had no idea why people were doing this as it wasnt scarily packed where we were.

We went around the corner and suddenly there was no crowd and loads of space. It was quite surreal as this vast open space was the site for the festival!

Another point to make is that one of the safety announcements which apparently was urging people to remain calm and be patient was only broadcast in German.

Back