• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

"You're quite right in regard to peoples brains in the mental illness regard but we must almost remember there are psychopaths out there who just enjoy hurting and killing people"

That applies to the lesser degree to vandals. I had a window smashed years ago. The repairer said it was just mindless vandalism. Some oik wanted to damage something and simply chose my window. "Probably ****ed" he said.

v8uzk.jpg

Except none of that happened in the knife attack on Sunday or the shooting in Munich. That's my point.

You know full well that if what happened in Munich had happened in the US by a disenfranchised 18 year old American kid you'd have had to have been in a thread on here defending your right to own guns and there'd be no mention of it as a terrorist act.

Now two kidnappers shot dead by French Police in Saint-Etienne-du-Rouvray. No idea if its terrorism, but least this one has a positive outcome as there are two less c-units in the world.

The Munich shooter shouted 'I am German' and was a Christian. Clearly the train attack and suicide bombing were IS acts of terrorism but all the facts point against the shooting being IS related, he's the wrong religion for a start and actually lured Muslims to the McDonalds so he could shoot them.

But hey!Refugees Welcome.

In the US and Europe there have been 658 deaths from 46 terrorist attacks since the start 2015.

In the same time, there were 28,081 deaths in 2,063 terrorist attacks across the Middle East, Africa and Asia. In the last month IS has killed over 350 people in Turkey, Bangladesh and Iraq.

Refugees from across the world are risking their lives to come to the west where they will hopefully have a safer existence, and to escape countries rife with terrorism. We need to remember that and be a compassionate and civilised country, while also balancing national security risks and the economic implications.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/world/the-scale-of-terrorist-attacks-around-the-world/

Last edited:
The Munich shooter shouted 'I am German' and was a Christian. Clearly the train attack and suicide bombing were IS acts of terrorism but all the facts point against the shooting being IS related, he's the wrong religion for a start and actually lured Muslims to the McDonalds so he could shoot them.

Was it confirmed that he was a Christian? I know that that was suggested but I read more things claiming he was Shia

Last edited:
Was it confirmed that he was a Christian? I know that that was suggested but I read more things claiming he was Shia

His parents are Shia but the shooter himself wasn't, the parents said they believe he possibly converted to Christianity, although he wasn't very religious (assuming this article isn't misquoting them). His parents being Shia probably gives him more reason to not be IS though since Shia Muslims make up the majority of IS's victims.

http://www.thenational.ae/world/eur...th-a-fake-offer-of-free-mcdonalds-meals#page2

When the IRA were routinely planting bombs in various parts of the UK, I don't recall the same manic urgency to distance Irish suspects from their obvious cause, so why do we do this with Islamic terror? Iranian teenager kills lots of people, shouts 'Alahu Akkbar' as he pulls the trigger - yeah, sounds like a Christian to me.

He didn't shout that though. One "eye" witness, who was in the toilets in McDonalds, alleged that in the aftermath. An aftermath in which other witnesses claimed that there were three gunmen.

In the US and Europe there have been 658 deaths from 46 terrorist attacks since the start 2015.

In the same time, there were 28,081 deaths in 2,063 terrorist attacks across the Middle East, Africa and Asia. In the last month IS has killed over 350 people in Turkey, Bangladesh and Iraq.

Refugees from across the world are risking their lives to come to the west where they will hopefully have a safer existence, and to escape countries rife with terrorism. We need to remember that and be a compassionate and civilised country, while also balancing national security risks and the economic implications.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/world/the-scale-of-terrorist-attacks-around-the-world/

Can you clarify how much emphasis is put on balancing it out though? To me, in terms of importance, it goes 1) safety, 2) economy, and then 3) compassion. Merkel has completely ignored the first two, and focused solely on the third. Why do we want to follow that path? If our security or economy is compromised in any way, then compassion shouldn't come into it. Unfortunate for those travelling, but ultimately better for us, no?

Sadly, it's just a matter of time before the next attack in Europe, and even more worrying, we're also due aswell. Whilst we're in that predicament, my compassion isn't firing on all cylinders. If only 0.01% of the "refugees" were intent on terrorist attacks/criminal behaviour, then unfortunately it's hard cheese for the other 99.99%, because I value myself & those closest to me, more. Sad, but true.

Now two kidnappers shot dead by French Police in Saint-Etienne-du-Rouvray. No idea if its terrorism, but least this one has a positive outcome as there are two less c-units in the world.

It was ISIS, and I'm not sure if an elderly priest being beheaded counts as a 'positive outcome'.

When the IRA were routinely planting bombs in various parts of the UK, I don't recall the same manic urgency to distance Irish suspects from their obvious cause, so why do we do this with Islamic terror? Iranian teenager kills lots of people, shouts 'Alahu Akkbar' as he pulls the trigger - yeah, sounds like a Christian to me.

The fact you hear 'Iranian' and link that to IS shows how poorly you understand the terrorists. IS are a Sunni Muslim group, whilst 89% of Iran (including the killer's parents) are Shia Muslims. IS views Shia Muslims as a serious enemy, they've even claimed they are more dangerous than America before and they frequently bomb and massacre people in Shia areas because of their hatred of them, Iraq alone has seen more than 1500 deaths attributed to IS who are trying to eliminate Shia Muslims from the country, it's all they did in their early days before deciding to go after the West as well. It is extremely unlikely a Shia Muslim would support an organisation that calls for its followers to wipe out the Shia branch of Islam.

No one in this thread is denying IS aren't a problem, there have been at least 2 confirmed IS attacks in Germany this month, it would be stupid to claim otherwise. I just don't understand why you're trying so hard to link the shooting to them as well when all the evidence points away from them.

The fact you hear 'Iranian' and link that to IS shows how poorly you understand the terrorists. IS are a Sunni Muslim group, whilst 89% of Iran (including the killer's parents) are Shia Muslims. IS views Shia Muslims as a serious enemy, they've even claimed they are more dangerous than America before and they frequently bomb and massacre people in Shia areas because of their hatred of them, Iraq alone has seen more than 1500 deaths attributed to IS who are trying to eliminate Shia Muslims from the country, it's all they did in their early days before deciding to go after the West as well. It is extremely unlikely a Shia Muslim would support an organisation that calls for its followers to wipe out the Shia branch of Islam.

No one in this thread is denying IS aren't a problem, there have been at least 2 confirmed IS attacks in Germany this month, it would be stupid to claim otherwise. I just don't understand why you're trying so hard to link the shooting to them as well when all the evidence points away from them.

Show me where I linked him to ISIS. I merely questioned the proposal that he was a Christian. I am well aware of the differences between Sonny and Cher Muzzas.

Can you clarify how much emphasis is put on balancing it out though? To me, in terms of importance, it goes 1) safety, 2) economy, and then 3) compassion. Merkel has completely ignored the first two, and focused solely on the third. Why do we want to follow that path? If our security or economy is compromised in any way, then compassion shouldn't come into it. Unfortunate for those travelling, but ultimately better for us, no?

I think you're underselling the impact of 2 (the economy) in Merkel's decision-making. She knows that Germany - like other Western Countries but probably more so than most as the engine-room of the Eurozone - needs a supply of young, fit workers to meet the demands of its ageing population. There was much more to her decision than compassion.

I think you're underselling the impact of 2 (the economy) in Merkel's decision-making. She knows that Germany - like other Western Countries but probably more so than most as the engine-room of the Eurozone - needs a supply of young, fit workers to meet the demands of its ageing population. There was much more to her decision than compassion.

I'm amazed they so many swallow that lie. There has been independent studies that show even in 20 years time the ageing population of the UK will only cost the country another 1% extra of GDP.

In simple terms we could save far more than the 1% by employing older people (60-70) to look after the really old.

I'm amazed they so many swallow that lie. There has been independent studies that show even in 20 years time the ageing population of the UK will only cost the country another 1% extra of GDP.

In simple terms we could save far more than the 1% by employing older people (60-70) to look after the really old.

Do you not think that older people would rather retire?

Do you not think that older people would rather retire?

If you have done your bit then yes, but not all want to. In fact some would really love to work after being left on the scrap heap because of ageism.

Back