• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

German Wings crash

Mad Cyril

The Fresh Prince of Belfairs⭐⭐
The media are reporting that one pilot was locked out of the cockpit and the voice recorder indicates he was trying to smash the door down just before the crash......

Putting 2 and 2 together, this doesn't sound good. Bad enough for the victims' families, but the thought that it may have been deliberate must make it even worse for them.

Heart attack?

Possible, but would have thought he would have been showing some signs of discomfort when the other pilot left the cockpit. Not heard anything to say how long he was out for. Hope you're right for the families' sake.

Sounds like a pilot suicide (and mass murder) on that basis. If the pilit was ill and passed out the plane would have continued at altitude and not gone into a descent surely?

Who knows. No-one at the moment.

Some desperately sad personal stories being reported. Terrible

Co Pilot could be heard breathing up until impact.

Whether it was deliberate or not it begs the question, why cant the pilot get back in? Obviously since 9/11 the cockpit is secure but if one of the crew leaves the cockpit surely they have to have a way to get back in. Its unlikely the other pilot would be taken ill or die in that short period when he pops out, but there is still a chance.

Co Pilot could be heard breathing up until impact.

Whether it was deliberate or not it begs the question, why cant the pilot get back in? Obviously since 9/11 the cockpit is secure but if one of the crew leaves the cockpit surely they have to have a way to get back in. Its unlikely the other pilot would be taken ill or die in that short period when he pops out, but there is still a chance.

The theory is that crew could be forced to open the door if access was possible from the passenger side.

The theory is that crew could be forced to open the door if access was possible from the passenger side.

Yeah.

From what I read is that there is a lock, and that can be opened from the passenger side with a code. However this can be overridden from inside the cockpit (e.g. if a nutter is trying to get in).

Also I read that some airlines have a policy where if one pilot leaves the cockpit, a cabin crew member goes in. I expect in future that will become a requirement, and flights may need more crew.

Yeah.

From what I read is that there is a lock, and that can be opened from the passenger side with a code. However this can be overridden from inside the cockpit (e.g. if a nutter is trying to get in).

Also I read that some airlines have a policy where if one pilot leaves the cockpit, a cabin crew member goes in. I expect in future that will become a requirement, and flights may need more crew.

It's apparently a requirement in America that there are always 2 people in the cockpit. Don't know if it's true or not though.

Out of interest a pilot forum I frequent are now up to 1,175 replies, and 1,766,245 views. Some of it is interesting, most of it is dross from non-commercial pilots. On this website this is a forum I read but never contribute to since these people really are the experts.

They've even had press on there fishing for the names of the pilots which I find awful.

Yeah.

I'm not being awkward.....crew member hits remaining pilot on the head and locks the door. Why not let me go in the cockpit to sit with the one pilot, much safer than cabin crew.:winking:

So its looking like suicide is the likely cause, how screwed do you have to be to commit suicide knowing you will take all those kids with you.

Unfathomable.

So its looking like suicide is the likely cause, how screwed do you have to be to commit suicide knowing you will take all those kids with you.

Unfathomable.

It may turn out that you're correct, but currently that theory has hardly even been mentioned on the pilots forum.

Yeah.

They had a pilot on Radio 5 who suggested there is a way for flight crew to enter a locked cockpit but he couldn't disclose the method for obvious reasons.

He also said that a pilot would not leave the flight deck whilst the plane was still climbing. He also suggested this information about the pilot may be false as if the flight recorder had been listened to, it would be a very select few investigators at this stage, and they would know the importance of not leaking information to the press.

Sounds abit like someone has had a round of golf with Steve Tilson.

As does the Malaysian missing plane. It now appears the plane banked round the island where the pilot was born before heading out to sea.

They had a pilot on Radio 5 who suggested there is a way for flight crew to enter a locked cockpit but he couldn't disclose the method for obvious reasons.

He also said that a pilot would not leave the flight deck whilst the plane was still climbing. He also suggested this information about the pilot may be false as if the flight recorder had been listened to, it would be a very select few investigators at this stage, and they would know the importance of not leaking information to the press.

Sounds abit like someone has had a round of golf with Steve Tilson.

On Sky they said there is a system on newer planes but not this one because it was 24 years old.

The press conference on Sky just finished and it was from the official prosecutor so it must have come from the flight recorder as they talk about the voice recordings.

Indeed, which is why it might turn out to be true...assuming of course that the report is accurate.

Dont follow, the prosecutor states he deliberately waited for the pilot to leave before flying it into the ground, seems pretty straight forward to me.

Back