• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

German Wings crash

Dont follow, the prosecutor states he deliberately waited for the pilot to leave before flying it into the ground, seems pretty straight forward to me.

Because we are still getting snippets that may or may not have been misinterpreted in order to get something out quickly. It may be that some time in the future, when they've had time to review they might revise their understanding.

Basically, until the official report is published we can't really be 100% sure...

I think the prosecutor must be pretty damn sure to state to the worlds press that the Co pilot " operated this button for a reason we don't know yet, but it appears that the reason was to destroy this plane."

I think the prosecutor must be pretty damn sure to state to the worlds press that the Co pilot " operated this button for a reason we don't know yet, but it appears that the reason was to destroy this plane."

I think the important bit is the bit in bold. As I said, it may turn out to be true, but even says he doesn't know yet.

They are saying at the press conference he deliberately flew it into the mountain.

I think the important bit is the bit in bold. As I said, it may turn out to be true, but even says he doesn't know yet.

From what I'm reading, and how I'm reading it, it seems pretty irrefutable that this guy deliberately downed the plane. For what reason, we don't (and may never) know why, But the investigaors seem convinced this wasn't accidental, or error. It was done intentionally. As someone already said, for them to address the worlds press & declare this statement, they'd have to be as sure, as sure can be, no?

From what I'm reading, and how I'm reading it, it seems pretty irrefutable that this guy deliberately downed the plane. For what reason, we don't (and may never) know why, But the investigaors seem convinced this wasn't accidental, or error. It was done intentionally. As someone already said, for them to address the worlds press & declare this statement, they'd have to be as sure, as sure can be, no?
By searching this persons house and computer, I think a reason will come to light in the next few days. You're right thought, we may never know and this could be another, worryingly more frequent, aviation mystery.

By searching this persons house and computer, I think a reason will come to light in the next few days. You're right thought, we may never know and this could be another, worryingly more frequent, aviation mystery.

There are, however, still things that don't add up yet. For example:

• Apparently the prosecutor also said that the passengers weren't aware until the last moments. How could they not be aware of a pilot trying to fight his way back in to the cockpit?
  • Apparently the transponder data says the plane gained 2000ft prior to impact (which is also apparently consistent with eye witness accounts). If that is true then it doesn't necessarily follow that this was a suicide.

IMO it's too early to know for sure. The investigators need to be given time (which might turn out to be a number of months) to do their job fully. They need to be given time to answer all questions, otherwise there'll just be another load of conspiracy theories doing the rounds.

There are, however, still things that don't add up yet. For example:

• Apparently the prosecutor also said that the passengers weren't aware until the last moments. How could they not be aware of a pilot trying to fight his way back in to the cockpit?
  • Apparently the transponder data says the plane gained 2000ft prior to impact (which is also apparently consistent with eye witness accounts). If that is true then it doesn't necessarily follow that this was a suicide.

IMO it's too early to know for sure. The investigators need to be given time (which might turn out to be a number of months) to do their job fully.

I was on a flight from London to Jo'burg some years ago which had to turn back to Frankfurt,which we'd only just taken off from.Only passengers at the front of the plane (like me) would have seen the worried expressions on the cabin crew's faces or the fire-engines and ambulances clearly waiting for us on the runway.

(Apparently a bird had collided with and damaged part of the cockpit but we weren't told this until after the damage had been repaired in Frankfurt and we'd taken off again).

I was on a flight from London to Jo'burg some years ago which had to turn back to Frankfurt,which we'd only just taken off from.Only passengers at the front of the plane (like me) would have seen the worried expressions on the cabin crew's faces or the fire-engines and ambulances clearly waiting for us on the runway.

(Apparently a bird had collided with and damaged part of the cockpit but we weren't told this until after the damage had been repaired in Frankfurt and we'd taken off again).

waynesworld-cool-story-bro.jpg

But this was an A320, which is a little plan, and the pilot could be heard by the CVR banging on the door.

As I said, it is simply too early to know for sure what happened. It may turn out that people are right, but we simply don't know yet.

But this was an A320, which is a little plan, and the pilot could be heard by the CVR banging on the door.

As I said, it is simply too early to know for sure what happened. It may turn out that people are right, but we simply don't know yet.

Granted I was flying on a Jumbo 747.If you've ever seen the cover of Bryan Ferry's Frantic album,when he was flying on a similar plane to Jo'Burg,you'll know how I felt.

Back on topic-while I agree that it's too early to know exactly what happened,it seems that the co-pilot's suicide was highly probable.If you can talk about "suicide" when 150 innocent people also died,that is.

Granted I was flying on a Jumbo 747.If you've ever seen the cover of Bryan Ferry's Frantic album,when he was flying on a similar plane to Jo'Burg,you'll know how I felt.

Back on topic-while I agree that it's too early to know exactly what happened,it seems that the co-pilot's suicide was highly probable.If you can talk about "suicide" when 150 innocent people also died,that is.

Indeed. Other people would call that murder...but that is a bit of a digression.

Just heard that the co-pilot's family were at the scene and just found out what has been said to the media. Their feelings at this time must be beyond imagination, sorrow, guilt, horror all mixed up together.

Reports also that the co-pilot had had psychological issues back in 2008.

A terribly, terribly sad story and my heart goes out to those grieving at this time.

So German Police have found something of "significance" on his computer.

Are we thinking suicide or terrorism here....I'm thinking the former....

Read today that six of the dead lived in Sant Cugat. Mood in town must be awfully bleak Barna?

NB - a post sent with genuine concern, not any baiting. That would be horribly insensitive.

Mental illness and depression. How none of this was flagged up by colleagues is incredible. He also had lots of history, so obviously shouldn't be in the job, and definitely should never be left alone in a cockpit.
Secondly, if he killed himself it's suicide, anyone else he kills whilst doing it, it's murder.

He also crashed the plane into the spot where he used to go gliding since he was twelve.

I’m hearing the insurance payout is going to befrom the terrorism policy rather than the aviation hull, but I think that is because it was deliberate rather than it actually being terrorism

Back