• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

ozzie

Manager
this time next sunday,will be on my way back from watching my "substitute" team Nürnberg play the first game."Der club" as they are known here,went down from div 1 to div 2. last season..my seat ticket last season was 280 euros,now they put the price down to 215 euros,about i think 30%..but with that price, i can go from Bayreuth to Nürnberg and back(about 80 km one way) for nothing!!! Im looking foreward very much, to meeting my fellow "club" fans,when they remind me who are world champs and who are the world chumps....head down time again:'(

Spain calling.

Re-newed my Espanyol season ticket earlier this month for 515 euros.Great value for money to see La Liga's best players with a great view on the half-way line (opposite the fatcats VIP stand).

Not bad I suppose Oz about £170. Mind you my season ticket for Roots Hall was only £220 (well I am over 60) and that includes free of charge one of the most picturesque walks in Europe from Prittlewell Station to the ground including optional excursions to the fishhouse and/or the Spread.

Why don't you get in touch with Uncle Ron and tell him you will buy a season ticket if he'll chuck in free return travel from Bayreuth?

My team went down also Ozzie but got put back in league 2 because a team that were promoted could not pay the bond needed,bad I know but that's football for you,my season ticket is a mere 70 euros for the season.

yep,the germans demand to have standing,the season ticket for standing at Nürnberg is 135 euros i believe(110 pounds),which also includes free travel..Even if you only buy a match ticket for one game,travel is free,in the greater nürnberg area,that area includes where i live,Bayreuth,its just on the edge..think you can get a standing ticket for about 14 euros (11 pounds),its cheaper to buy then a match ticket ,not go to the game,only go for a day out at Nürnberg,then in the evening go home..if you think,i go further than 80 km,one way (50 miles),for nowt!!!!bloody "brill"

This article from the Independent reiterates the gulf between the cost of supporting a top team in Germany and one in England. It shows how the Premiership is selling its soul to the devil at the risk of alienating a generation of supporters. Maybe a number wil give up and return to watching real football in the football league, at a fraction of the price?

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...ans-claims-supporters-federation-9659441.html

very interesting,also very sad, r i p ,real fans.Everything the German football-fa do,is far better than what we(in England )do.Maybe those fans will go to lower league games?? but 21 pounds a ticket!!!

Back