• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Germany !

Sadly *** you cannot bury the news even though we know you want to.
Seemingly can't bury the news or make it accurate / relevant.
2 German nationals evicted from their homes. Germany has a big population, two is not 'many'. This news appears on the forum of an Essex football.
Why were they evicted? Non payment of rent? Anti social behaviour? Falling out with neighbours?

you see what I am saying - 2 people evicted in Germany is not news

Read in the paper today,that 300-400 German police ringed a part of Düsseldorf,they were looking for North Africans,especially people from Morocco,Algeria &Tunisia. 300 were detained,but only 40 arrested,the police are now cracking down in Germany.
The Police President(boss) said that people from N.Africa,especially Morocco,Algeria &Tunisia cause more trouble(law breaking),than other migrants.
Made me think.. 1 .what would happen if they done that in the UK,Brixton,etc?
2..what would happen,if say the boss from Scotland yard ,said that about North Africans?

Will never happen mate, might f*** his peerage up.

We all know that WW2 heralded the start of total warfare,which meant that civilians became so-called "legitimate" targets.

That still does not excuse the bombing of Dresden,which was most certainly a war crime.

Do you really think that the allied bombs could distinguish between Nazis and munitions workers etc? :nope:

Incorrect. What about the holy wars? think your find not many were spared there. Think this was before WW2 but could have been last Thursday.
Sorry everyone, I know it's back off topic but can't let rubbish go unchallenged.

Incorrect. What about the holy wars? think your find not many were spared there. Think this was before WW2 but could have been last Thursday.
Sorry everyone, I know it's back off topic but can't let rubbish go unchallenged.

Not rubbish like this,certainly.:winking:

You clearly have a bit of trouble understanding the concept of "total warfare."

I suggest you look it up.While I grant you the concept does go back to the mid-19th century,it's usuallly associated with 20th Century warfare and certainly doesn't date back to the Holy Wars. :nope:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Total_war

Last edited:

I suggest you look it up.While I grant you the concept does go back to the mid-19th century,it's usuallly associated with 20th Century warfare and certainly doesn't date back to the Holy Wars. :nope:

So you have just posted a wiki link that totally proves my point - cheers.:thumbsup:

Not one of his best posts it must be said.

The term 'usually associated' as used by TUIB, does not in any way signify the true origins of the phrase 'Total War' In fact if you actually read the Wiki article TUIB it can be associated with the bronze age sacking of settlements and the destruction of the Mongol Empire. It thus goes without to much of a leap of faith that it would also be associated and used to describe the Crusades and Holy Wars.

Just saying like

Sweden,

Asylum seeker murders female helper!

Demnark,

Taking a vote to take valuables from asylum seekers and stopping their family from joining them for 3 year's.

Crazy as crazy can be.

I think you'll find that the crusades were well before the mid-19th Century.:dunce:

As an aggressor nation, the ancient Mongols, no less than the modern Nazis, practiced total war against an enemy by organizing all available resources, including military personnel, noncombatant workers, intelligence, transport, money, and provisions.[10]]

You would do well to read your own links more carefully...

As an aggressor nation, the ancient Mongols, no less than the modern Nazis, practiced total war against an enemy by organizing all available resources, including military personnel, noncombatant workers, intelligence, transport, money, and provisions.[10]]

You would do well to read your own links more carefully...

Granted the Holy Wars could be considered an "earlY" form of total war but since the term itself didn't exist until much later.it's a stretch to see the Mongols etc practising total warfare before the concept even existed in its modern form.

You might want to include Muhammad Ali Pasha and his invasion of Greece in 1825. Ticks all the boxes of 'total warfare'

Ali Pasha decided he would put an end to Christian protests in the region. So he sent his troops to slaughter and starve the whole population. Some Greek women and children were of course raped and then sent back for slavery. In order to complete his plan of genocide followed by repopulating the land with Muslims they had to supply their army by sea with a fleet of 70 ships.

The Greeks were only saved by the timely intervention by a coalition led by British Navy with help from Russia and France (google the battle of Naverino).

Probably correct to say modern day Greece would not exist without the wonderful sense of fair play by the good old British Empire. We certainly didn't need any UN resolutions in those days before we done what was best.

Granted the Holy Wars could be considered an "earlY" form of total war but since the term itself didn't exist until much later.it's a stretch to see the Mongols etc practising total warfare before the concept even existed in its modern form.

I think now you are arguing with yourself!
Let me know if you win:hilarious:

Back