• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Gerrard CCTV footage

duncan bulgaria

Fuzzy Wuzzy Was a Woman
On Sky news now , Just watch the bird in the bomber jacket in t ebackground dancing ......nuff said , what a shocker !!

Actually don't bother , i've just watched 15 minutes worth of that footage on Sky and all that is thrown is a little jab , how the hell this is ended up in court i'll never know . The only crime committed was the birds rascal dancing !

I heard that Gerrard threw 5 or 6 powerful uppercuts, reminicent to that of a pro boxer

He'll end up doing 100 hours community service teaching kids to play football on some estate on Mersyside

I saw it and you can't tell it's definitely him and you can just make out 1 punch at most.
If he wasn't a footballer it would have been here's some community service if that.
Interesting they asked the jury if their footballing allegiances would make them biased... wouldn't be surprised if an Everton fan exaggerated something when giving evidence either.

Interesting they asked the jury if their footballing allegiances would make them biased... wouldn't be surprised if an Everton fan exaggerated something when giving evidence either.

I was thinking this earlier, but on both sides. If it was an SUFC player, then i'd be very biased.

Whereas on the other hand if it was Duguid on trial, i'd be calling for prison time. 10/20 maybe even 30 years

Sky says - not guilty

unbelievable!

I'd imagine the jury said not guilty based on the facts of the case, rather than Murdoch's grubby empire. Fortunately we haven't got the Orwellian nightmare of trial by TV just yet.

I heard Gerrard threw 3 or 4 quick punches before ripping off his clothes to reveal a karate outfit, then went "Ryuken!!!!" and shot a fireball at the DJ.

At least that's what The Sun said happened.

British justice at it's best once again.......chavs all over Britain will see this and think they can do whatever they like.

His mate elbows the guy in the face and Gerrard goes in with a few cowardly follow ups as the "victim" covers up (and throws not a single punch in return). Granted, Gerrard is ****ed and obviously regrets it/isn't proud of it - fair enough...but on what planet is that "not guilty"???

No wonder the police feel betrayed by the courts - our system is total bollocks.

It's the self defense thing that bothers me.

True it's hard to make out who threw what punch and we don't know all the facts, but the fact is that someone from the Gerrard party quite clearly threw the first punch, and indeed all of them.

So where does the self defense part come into play? That gives the impression that doing this kind of thing is fine if you feel threatened. And it really isn't.

"He called me a Scouse **** and I took that to mean I was about to get bottled so my 5 friends, who have all coincidentally all got new cars this week, weighed in whilst I pointed out at the back they were out of order. I know this because I was only 7 / 10 on my fictional drunk scale...

Oh the bit where I got dragged out of the action? Not me at all, some other scally..."

It's the self defense thing that bothers me.

True it's hard to make out who threw what punch and we don't know all the facts, but the fact is that someone from the Gerrard party quite clearly threw the first punch, and indeed all of them.

My understanding is that Gerrard's four other co-defendants pleaded guilty. They're not questioning the fact that they punched the bloke. The question is whether:

(a) the victim threw punches back; and
(b) if so, whether Gerrard acted legitimately in self-defence.

It would appear the jury thought so. Personally, I think the episode reflects extremely poorly on Gerrard - clearly, he seems to think he can act with impunity by travelling around with an entourage who punch people that annoy them. However, does that make his behaviour radically different from that which goes on in an average town on an average Friday night?

Sadly, a sizeable number of British men can't take their beer nearly half as well as they think they can - and once p*ssed, their primal instinct is to fight. That Gerrard shows himself to be no different from a good number of his fellow-countrymen is neither surprising nor particularly newsworthy, TBH. It's just a bit depressing, like so many things in this sceptred / septic isle of ours...

Matt

Back