• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

pringlejon

Pringello Indexinator
Gers star hurt by exploding egg

_45778956_kirkbroadfoot282.jpg
Broadfoot has been a regular for Rangers since signing from St Mirren

Rangers defender Kirk Broadfoot was taken to hospital after an egg he was microwaving exploded in his face.
The 25-year-old Scotland international was poaching the egg at his home near Mauchline, Ayrshire, when the accident happened.
It is understood hot liquid squirted onto his face and scalded his cheek when he opened the microwave door.
The footballer was treated in hospital, before being allowed to go home following the incident on Sunday.
Broadfoot had already been ruled out for the rest of the season because of other injuries.
Full back Broadfoot was signed by the Glasgow club from St Mirren two years ago and has become a regular in the team.

Twisted ankle
He scored on his debut for the Scottish national team in a 2-1 victory over Iceland in September 2008.
His injury is the latest bizarre mishap to have been suffered by a football star in recent years.
Former Everton goalkeeper Richard Wright missed an FA Cup match against Chelsea in the 2005-06 season when he ignored a sign warning players not to warm up in the goalmouth, before tripping over it and twisting his ankle.
Manchester United defender Rio Ferdinand once strained a tendon in his knee when he put his leg up on a coffee table while watching television.
And veteran goalkeeper Dave Beasant spent two months on the sidelines in 2001 after dropping a bottle of salad cream on his foot, severing the tendon in his big toe.

I know footballers have a bit of a reputation but he really wasn't eggsactly clever here was he?

He was in the kitchen looking at his eggs thinking they were getting bigger, then it hit him.

P.s I'll get my coat....

I heard he's a ****ing poof for going to hospital for such a wimpish injury ......................ooops thats not in line with the egg jokes , grow some fella , i thought they were meant to be tough old chaps up north !!

I heard a Swedish international (name escapes me) twisted his knee getting his dinner out the oven.

Back