• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Get behind our club Tuesday

Steve Giles

Fed up with rumours
**** start to the season, but Tuesday night get behind the team and manager, a night game at Roots Hall lets make it intimidating for Posh. Too many negative people this early in the season, if its a crap performance boo,at full time not during the game. There’s a team in the premiership who lost 3 of their first six games last season didn’t stop them beating the fat greedy sports direct director team today. Give it until late September see how it’s going, the club needs our support now

Not this again, we’ve had this before and you can’t say that the fans aren’t getting behind the players and the team. If they’re not performing and 3-0 down at half time at home you can’t be surprised if fans show their disappointment. 644 loyal supporters travelled to Lincoln spent a lot of money to watch an absolute shower of ****e.

It’s not the fans that have to get behind the team because they’re. It’s the team and the manager that need to start performing. Last season proved we stick by the team regardless of how **** we are.

Not this again, we’ve had this before and you can’t say that the fans aren’t getting behind the players and the team. If they’re not performing and 3-0 down at half time at home you can’t be surprised if fans show their disappointment. 644 loyal supporters travelled to Lincoln spent a lot of money to watch an absolute shower of ****e.

It’s not the fans that have to get behind the team because they’re. It’s the team and the manager that need to start performing. Last season proved we stick by the team regardless of how **** we are.
Exactly this.

644 yesterday, roughly 6000 home fans for the Blackpool game and over 1000 away to Coventry.

I said it last season when we had several of these kinds of threads pop up and I’ll say it again. No one turns up to a game with the intention of NOT supporting their team. What would be the point of that?

On the flip side, we (not me personally) turned up in great numbers again today and got repaid we ab embarrassing performance. A gutless one in fact.

I don’t know why some find it hard to understand that you can support the team and be against the manager at the same time.

I think we just have to start realising that we are a poor team in a highly competitive league. Someone has to finish last, I don't want it to be us, but we must be realistic. I desperately hope we get out of this mess but.......COYBB

Well I was one of the 644 yesterday and I never saw a gutless performance. Nor did the Lincoln fans that spoke to me in the pub. They knew they had had a very good day with 4 goals coming from 5 shots on target.

But enough of any positive posts on a positive thread.....Funny how mods deleted, not even moved a post of mine for being in the wrong thread but then allow this to be hi-jacked and sneer at Phil Cox. Or that embarrassing thread about Ben Clarkson.

Well I was one of the 644 yesterday and I never saw a gutless performance. Nor did the Lincoln fans that spoke to me in the pub. They knew they had had a very good day with 4 goals coming from 5 shots on target.

But enough of any positive posts on a positive thread.....Funny how mods deleted, not even moved a post of mine for being in the wrong thread but then allow this to be hi-jacked and sneer at Phil Cox. Or that embarrassing thread about Ben Clarkson.

We lost 4-0.

How can you say, with a straight face that isn't a gutless performance?

If you have issues with threads and how your posts are modded then feel free to PM me or one of the other mods/owners to help resolve. Rather than having a dig directly at us! We are not perfect and do this for free. We are happy to take advice to improve how we mod.

Enough on that now and back to topic.

FWIW, I don't think any paying supporter of any football club turns up with an intention NOT to back their team.

Support of the Blues from the fans has always been solid and commented on from all aspects of the game over the years, whether that be press coverage, police comments, opposing fans, players, managers and social media. The most recent being Humph's tweet posted on here yesterday. "...The fans deserve better..."

What is in common with all Blues fans is Passion and emotion for a club we all love and support whether that be over many, many years or just a few seasons. The Roots Hall Bug gets you!

I think sometimes negativity is mistaken for passion. Football fans in general are labelled "fickle" the world over.

I try and air my thoughts and views objectively, keep a lid on the passion when things are going well, especially early on in a season, and be realistic when things aren't, such as the last couple of seasons.

At a match emotion plays a major part, it wouldn't be football if it didn't, but on here, hopefully all views whether you agree with them or not, are usually more considered and worth debating.

I take it for granted everyone will back the players whoever is selected, to hilt on Tuesday, but post match on here, say it as it is. If you go around wearing rose tinted spectacles then you are in for a disappointment more times than not.

At the moment if someone offered me 18th place this season, right now I would snap their hand off, because it is going to be tough.

Only Bolton have a similar goal difference to ourselves, but at least we have 1 goal in our "For" column. There seem to be "issues" off the field and the atmosphere around the camp doesn't seem conducive to producing the type of performance we all crave. However, one win with a half hit deflected shot via the woodwork, would change that on Tuesday, and at least I for one could bear looking at the league table, even this early in the season.

That wouldn't change many opinions, but it would make an atmosphere a little more encouraging and give us something to build on. But it won't stop many varying views and nor should it.

But try replacing the word "negative" , with "passionate" and we all might find we have more in common than we think on any view aired.

Last edited:
I tend to completely agree with @Ricey’s post, and several since on this thread, but I do also think @Steve Giles’ post was a good one calling for no booing during the game and for us all to grit our teeth and (again) do our bit to get the result we all want on Tuesday. I see these posts as complementing each other and both being right. It would be good to dial down the anger a touch if we can, as we’ve now slept on yesterday’s disaster.

Last edited:

Well said, it's time Ron admitted he's made a huge error.

From what i've witnessed you supported Brown & Powell strongly when the results were poor and now you're doing it again with Bond. You make some good points on other threads and are clearly a knowledgable football man but I don't understand the obsession with backing managers when they are doing a poor job.

My thoughts exactly. Nothing wrong with our support yesterday until towards the end when rightly so we got on their backs. But 644 is a great effort under the circumstances and we gave the team as much support as we could. But we all knew the first goal was crucial, once they scored we were never in the game. Huge confidence issues already and only 3 games in to the season. Big problems

We turn up in numbers regularly and invest time and money to do so. It is then up to the manager to instil some passion to get the fans on side and for the players to work hard, express themselves and get you off of your seat. I can’t remember the last time that this happened on a fairly regular basis. It’s very frustrating, which causes the fans to be/feel negative.

I've been getting behind our team and it hasn't done us much good. I'm considering getting behind Peterborough on Tuesday to see if I can jinx them instead. Anything's worth a go at this point, right?

It's either that or I start trying to figure out which ones are my lucky pants.

Not been to so many home games

I going again on Tuesday

I must be a gluten for punishment or just like night games at the Hall

Back