• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Get behind our club Tuesday

A crowd of 5500 will not be too bad considering the form we are in. If you look at the attendances tomorrow in Divisions 1 and 2 they will all be down by about 15% compared to the usual weekend gates. It's the same every season.

I think our home form over the last year has been abysmal. Im sure that this has affected our home gates massively.

This might be unpopular but I’m never sure how sympathetic I am about fans spending a lot of money to follow the team. You know what sort of club we are. I just don’t think I’m sure if I am sympathetic about it. Football is a cruel game. And I really do not accept that if you pay your money you should be allowed to voice whatever opinion you like at any time. Absolutely counter productive. Course half time or end of game is okay but even then for me it’s pushing it.

Want guaranteed entertainment, watch MOTD highlights? Or a nice movie rated above 90% on Rotten Tomatoes.

Please do let me know if I’m a dick head for saying that?

Nothing wrong with demanding better but it’s the way in which it’s demanded. Shouting abuse and singling out individuals makes no sense.

This might be unpopular but I’m never sure how sympathetic I am about fans spending a lot of money to follow the team. You know what sort of club we are. I just don’t think I’m sure if I am sympathetic about it. Football is a cruel game. And I really do not accept that if you pay your money you should be allowed to voice whatever opinion you like at any time. Absolutely counter productive. Course half time or end of game is okay but even then for me it’s pushing it.

Want guaranteed entertainment, watch MOTD highlights? Or a nice movie rated above 90% on Rotten Tomatoes.

Nothing wrong with demanding better but it’s the way in which it’s demanded. Shouting abuse and singling out individuals makes no sense.
You’re a dick head for saying that

alright. I’ll change it. I am sympathetic. I just think it doesn’t give you a right to shout whatever you like. Is that alright MR CUSTARD SPLAT?

Clutching at straws I know but trying to find a positive.. Our first 3 league games were against the sides currently in 1st, 2nd & 4th spots. The only 'poor' team we've played so far we did win quite comfortably against, away from home, after a slightly dodgy start. So you would hope once we start coming up again the more 'average' sides in L1 we should do better. I guess tomorrow will test that theory.. Also as others have said whats the point of the highly rated Leicester loanee being sat warming the bench? Hopefully he'll get a run out tomorrow. I still think the squad is decent, and Bond is very experienced, so hopefully a decent result tomorrow will kick start the season. I'll now remove the rose tinted specs.
Totally agree, I believe Mr Bond said Layton could add the X factor yet keeps him on the bench and guessing will do same tommorrow, then gives him 15 minutes when its too late to make a difference.

I totally agree. It certainly does not help abusing the players!

I actually think in general we are not that bad apart from the odd individual idiot. I've been to Arsenal when large sections of the fans were booing after 15 mins when it was 0-0.

It’s a fine line though.

I agree, shattering players’ fragile confidence is totally counterproductive, but are we as fans, supposed to massage their ego’s after watching them go 3-0 down before HT, without so much as a whimper?

Like you said, it’s a cruel sport and no one will understand this more than the players themselves.

It’s a fine line though.

I agree, shattering players’ fragile confidence is totally counterproductive, but are we as fans, supposed to massage their ego’s after watching them go 3-0 down before HT, without so much as a whimper?

Like you said, it’s a cruel sport and no one will understand this more than the players themselves.

I'd say it'd be an interesting experiment.

Why do we only sing for 90 minutes if we're winning or if we're 4-0 down away at Doncaster in a play off game? Why can't we apply that even when we're losing 1-0 at home to Blackpool?

HT boos I can just about stomach, but not on the first home game of the season haaaa!

Back