• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Get behind the club or gtfo.

EastLondonShrimper

Schoolboy
What is this?! Demonstrations? Protests? Moaning? Anger towards RM? Come on...

The club KNOWS its in a mess, the players may/may not have been paid and at the moment we seem to be in a freefall. The players don't need reminding of this mess on Saturday when they are trying their damndest to get us out of it.

What the club needs is to be led by example. And for me, that isn't holding demonstrations and protests and putting my beloved club further into turmoil; its showing some solidarity; getting behind the team and letting them know we support them and their efforts, despite the hardships they (and as a consequence we) are facing. When hard times face us; sing louder.

In my opinion; get behind the club or gtfo.

Last edited:
Haha... blinding darling. Well done chuckles.

That's 4 thousand off the support Saturday then.

i dunno, bit harsh, freedom of speech an all that!
agree with the sentiment tho, as supporters we must support,

Hairy muff, will leave you to it then love...

***** me, we do get some strange ones on here.

What? Anyone that doesn't share your opinion is 'strange'? get back to the dark ages mate. Bigotry isn't cool anymore. We're all allowed to voice an opinion, and it's up to others to agree or disagree. I think thats why fans have forums like this?!

Last edited:
What? Anyone that doesn't share your opinion is 'strange'? get back to the dark ages mate. Bigotry isn't cool anymore. We're all allowed to voice an opinion, and it's up to others to agree or disagree. I think thats why fans have forums like this?!

Oh right, so it's now bigotry?

I forgot sorry, i started the thread didn't I?

Get behind the club - or get the **** out? Yep that's pretty democratic too...

What's wrong bunnykins, day off school tomorrow? Allowed to stay up that wittle bit extra late... awww - mwah x

Oh right, so it's now bigotry?

I forgot sorry, i started the thread didn't I?

Get behind the club - or get the **** out? Yep that's pretty democratic too...

What's wrong bunnykins, day off school tomorrow? Allowed to stay up that wittle bit extra late... awww - mwah x

actually I have a degree in neuroscience and am 1 year away from finishing my MBBS, bit if you want to have a dig; I apologise for not being as old as you?!

Yeah the title isn't democratic.. but you need something to get people to comment.. It was designed as a thread starter, something to provoke debate.. Not petty comments about my age?!

IMO I think its more useful putting effort towards singing your hearts out at the game and making sure the players know you're behind them, rather than protesting about the club. However, I understand that a large percentage of people in this forum think that demonstrating is a good idea. That doesn't mean either opinion is the right one. Opinion is opinion.. We're all supporters of the club and believe we have what we think are the right interests at heart.

The thing about opinion is; when someone has one - they want others to hear it, which is why I started this thread. I meant no offence to you or anyone else.

actually I have a degree in neuroscience and am 1 year away from finishing my MBBS, bit if you want to have a dig; I apologise for not being as old as you?!

Yeah the title isn't democratic.. but you need something to get people to comment.. It was designed as a thread starter, something to provoke debate.. Not petty comments about my age?!

IMO I think its more useful putting effort towards singing your hearts out at the game and making sure the players know you're behind them, rather than protesting about the club. However, I understand that a large percentage of people in this forum think that demonstrating is a good idea. That doesn't mean either opinion is the right one. Opinion is opinion.. We're all supporters of the club and believe we have what we think are the right interests at heart.

The thing about opinion is; when someone has one - they want others to hear it, which is why I started this thread. I meant no offence to you or anyone else.

Hurrah and Hazzar for you - i passed my STD tests and a blood one at that, i have degree in plating people's mum's.. so you want to get technical - then let's crack on wet pants...

If you had bothered to read the board, not one person on here has doubted that anyone should support the players.. in fact, 100%| of the board think the opposite.

yes but the point i was making is that demonstrating and protesting might be more detrimental to the club at the moment, especially if all the rumours about pay and low morale have legs.. Protests and demonstrations only create more chaos. Especially as none of us are completely in the know as to what is going on back-stage.

EastLondonShrimper - I think the title of your thread was too harsh. As you say it's about opinions, as much as people should respect your opinions you have to respect the views of people who want to make some sort of stand or protest. Saying 'Get behind the club or gtfo' is not respectful.

Protesting about the financial mismanagement of the club and supporting the team 100% are not mutually exclusive. In my opinion, which I'm sure you'll respect, just sitting back and not raising our voices against what's going on is not supporting Southend United at all. I think it's the duty of supporters to ask questions and protest against a regime which is destroying our club.

Now people may not agree with that, in fact I know there are people who don't, which is why I haven't started a thread titled 'Protest on Saturday or gtfo'...you get my point?

EastLondonShrimper - I think the title of your thread was too harsh. As you say it's about opinions, as much as people should respect your opinions you have to respect the views of people who want to make some sort of stand or protest. Saying 'Get behind the club or gtfo' is not respectful.

Protesting about the financial mismanagement of the club and supporting the team 100% are not mutually exclusive. In my opinion, which I'm sure you'll respect, just sitting back and not raising our voices against what's going on is not supporting Southend United at all. I think it's the duty of supporters to ask questions and protest against a regime which is destroying our club.

Now people may not agree with that, in fact I know there are people who don't, which is why I haven't started a thread titled 'Protest on Saturday or gtfo'...you get my point?

Fair enough. the title of the thread was merely to provoke debate. But i see your point.

However, the supporters still need to be careful as we don't know whats going on behind the scenes, we only have rumour.

chairmen come n go, its like like the saying - bro's b4 ho's

southend united, those 11 players wearing the blue are our bro's

give them everything we have got vocally saturday and i'm sure we can lift them to 3 points............hopefully :clap:

The general consensus on this board plus other such as Facebook is that we we all get behind our ragtag bunch of very average players for the full ninety minutes and then protest outside the main stand AFTER the game. I'm in full agreement of this.
Ron Martin tells us that "relegation would be FATAL for the club". If Southend United only has a few more months to live I damn well want to know why................ and if that means forcing the boards hand then so be it. What's happening to the club is more about matters on the pitch - yes, I'll sing during the game. I'm going to be shouting afterwards though.

Last edited:
Fair enough. the title of the thread was merely to provoke debate. But i see your point.

However, the supporters still need to be careful as we don't know whats going on behind the scenes, we only have rumour.

It's obvious from your response that you really haven't got the hang of this. Don't you know that you're supposed to respond to any post carrying views contrary to yours with childish put-downs and attempts at humour, preferably including boorish boasts about sex with other people's mothers?

Last edited:

I think rumour is stretching the point a bit...

Two winding up orders, third-bottom, players not paid (confirmation of PFA stepping in over a year ago), Brush sacked.

Also, why should supporters be careful? What the hell does that mean? It isn't as if things are going to t*ts up just becasue there's an angry demo involving a couple of hundred supporters outside the East Stand at the end of the game.

yes but the point i was making is that demonstrating and protesting might be more detrimental to the club at the moment, especially if all the rumours about pay and low morale have legs.. Protests and demonstrations only create more chaos. Especially as none of us are completely in the know as to what is going on back-stage.

More detrimental? There's nothing else that can go wrong within the club!

In response to your OP, i think it's time to wise up and realise if something isn't done soon, there may NOT be a Southend left to support

Does GTFO mean get the funk out?

If so i don't think there is anything wrong with a bit of Parliament.

Hurrah and Hazzar for you - i passed my STD tests and a blood one at that, i have degree in plating people's mum's.. so you want to get technical - then let's crack on wet pants...

If you had bothered to read the board, not one person on here has doubted that anyone should support the players.. in fact, 100%| of the board think the opposite.

Lol Just like something I would post!

Back