• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

On another thread a Cobblers fan said they would bring between 400-600. Also we shouldn't need thus type of thread. We've had a positive start to the season, team spirit seems good, a manager trying to take us in the right direction and one that a majority of fans have accepted. We should need no threads pumping the crowd up!

Crikey - sounds like you are taking things a little too seriously as I'm not sure this thread is "pumping the crowd up". Remember that Shrimperzone is read by a small percentage of Southend fans and an even smaller percentage will take any notice.

If the article does have a marginal effect, then where's the harm? It's can be the difference that makes the difference.

On a slightly different subject, I don't go to football to swear in front of young 'uns and ladies so chants without the swearing would be better for me and would be more "inclusive" (as they say on the telly).

Hash tag: RockingtheHalloldchap

Crikey - sounds like you are taking things a little too seriously as I'm not sure this thread is "pumping the crowd up". Remember that Shrimperzone is read by a small percentage of Southend fans and an even smaller percentage will take any notice.

If the article does have a marginal effect, then where's the harm? It's can be the difference that makes the difference.

On a slightly different subject, I don't go to football to swear in front of young 'uns and ladies so chants without the swearing would be better for me and would be more "inclusive" (as they say on the telly).

Hash tag: RockingtheHalloldchap

Its a good point, there is no point using songs with swearing in if the point is to get the rest of the ground to join in because that will certainly stop many.

On another thread a Cobblers fan said they would bring between 400-600. Also we shouldn't need thus type of thread. We've had a positive start to the season, team spirit seems good, a manager trying to take us in the right direction and one that a majority of fans have accepted. We should need no threads pumping the crowd up!

Well I am going by pre match sales figures and forecasts

Cant see this one being a very large attendance. The mighty Essex Eagles are at finals day and V festival is on. Think this should have been a Friday night match.

V festival won't affect it. It's for people who have no clue about music and just want to boost their social media popularity by having a picture of them with a bottle of white lightning by a tent. They are obviously clueless and would never be Southend United fans so we won't be at a loss.

The T20 final on the other hand will play a big part.

I take it we are back in the West for this game? cant wait to get the place rocking

Yeah in the west due to size of away following anything over 800 away fans by FA regulations they have to be given 2 exit points in the stadium hence why we are not allowed to be in the north as we would be blocking one of their exit points

Not sure that the t20 final will affect the crowd that much. In all the years I've been going to Essex I don't see many Sufc shirts and those that I do see are many of our diehard fans. I wouldn't miss a Sufc game for cricket final or not. Plus Essex allocation isn't that large either I don't believe.

Yeah in the west due to size of away following anything over 800 away fans by FA regulations they have to be given 2 exit points in the stadium hence why we are not allowed to be in the north as we would be blocking one of their exit points
So is it advance tickets only then, otherwise at what point do they decide whether the north will be shared?

We need a song, this might be a little far fetched for a club of our size but I was thinking about 'the fields of anthery' the Irish fans at the euro 2012 World Cup was pure class, even a crowd of 6000 or less can still make a brilliant hair raising noise, if this is too much how about we use it for this years play off at wembley or even when we have a filled ground for our last home game as we finish as champions :winking:
posted by jnr

Last edited:
We need a song, this might be a little far fetched for a club of our size but I was thinking about 'the fields of anthery' the Irish fans at the euro 2012 World Cup was pure class, even a crowd of 6000 or less can still make a brilliant hair raising noise, if this is too much how about we use it for this years play off at wembley or even when we have a filled ground for our last home game as we finish as champions :winking: posted by jnr[/QUOTE

I like your positive attitude mate.

Last edited:
Maybe an old tune but I think the players should come out of the tunnell onto the pitch to the tune of Fatboy Slim's Right here right now.

unless most like it but i'd say the music that is played out upon scoring a goal should be changed. been like that for years.

Everton have always entered the pitch to the tune from Z Cars. (Google it if you're too young.) The music doesn't need to change if people are happy with it.

However, assuming people aren't happy with it then we should agree a song that will become a club anthem that can used from now onwards. Any song won't become an anthem overnight, it will take years, but if you don't ever start it will never happen.

Personally I think we should choose a song from the 60's. Firstly it will sound old and give the impression we've been using it for years, and secondly, any modern song will just sound naff in a couple of years time. A song from, say, the 60s has already gone past the naff stage.

"He shoots
He scores
He's ****ing Barry Corr
Barry Corr etc

Arsenal do a similar chant about Tottenham and we did one against Leyton after the game;

"What do we think of Colchester?
****!
What do we think of ****?
Colchester!
Oh, we hate Col U, we hate Col U
We're Southend and we hate Col U etc
IMO . Any time spent singing about Orient , Col U Etc etc would be better spend getting behind OUR team

The music? Think it needs to change. But wouldn't want up dated Night club style music. Its a football Club not a night club. Beought it up as an idea to gauge opinion.

Back