• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Getting on my pips.

steveo

mine to stay the same please
So if the clinic that fitted/installed them wont remove them, the NHS will, which means because some woman wanted bigger tits weve all got to pay for her to get rid of them.
****ing ridiculous.

Agreed, it was a private operation the so NHS should not have to do anything, and if it wasn't for the ridiculous amount of media pressure on this subject I doubt they would feel compelled to do anything about it, and rightly so.
Maybe a cheap option would be to take the faulty implants out but not put new ones in? As far as I'm aware removing implants doesn't affect your health if new ones aren't put in

I agree to a point, but if the NHS didn't remove them, isn't the danger that it'll just cost even more further down the line?

I agree to a point, but if the NHS didn't remove them, isn't the danger that it'll just cost even more further down the line?
Yes but they found the money to have them fitted so they should be able to find the money to have them removed. I would have thought if you can afford to enhance your appearance you should defiitely be able to afford to potentially save your life.

It's ridiculous that the private clinics are saying bugger off. They make thousand of pounds by inserting them into vain women yet are not prepared to bite the bullet and remove them. The argument that these implants were certified safe doesn't mean they are not responsible, there is surely an a post op duty of care. If you buy a football match ticket and the floodlights fail we don't expect the Government to pick up the tab for the ticket refunds. Perhaps we should! In my opinion, if the clinics that are refusing to budge and leave it to the Government/NHS to pick up the tab then they should have their licence to operate revoked and be closed down. The partners of these clinics should also be banned from practicing elsewhere.

Another thing i disagree with is why Welsh vain women are going to be eligible for removal and replacements on the NHS but English are not. The Welsh assembly is funded by London so why should we fund for this. Similarly, why do Scots get free prescriptions when their government is also funded from London yet English do not. England gets a raw deal here.

Cut The Jocks and Taffs off, give em their independence and let em fend for emselves.

Quite why the froggy manufacturers are not having to stump up the compensation is beyond me. Surely if you produce something that is not fit for purpose, then you must put it right. If you bought a car that was later found to have a design or materials fault, the manufacturer recalls the car and puts it right; they don't leave it for the AA to stump up the money to fix it.

Yes but they found the money to have them fitted so they should be able to find the money to have them removed. I would have thought if you can afford to enhance your appearance you should defiitely be able to afford to potentially save your life.

Again, I agree with the principle, but could never happen.

Would you refuse help for an alcoholic?
Would you then refuse help for a non alcoholic who got drunk, fell over and broke a limb?
Would you refuse help for someone that injured themselves after a crash in an expensive car?

The NHS can either be free for all, or free for people who can't afford to help themselves. personally, I think it should remain the former, even if on occasion we have injustices like these

It's ridiculous that the private clinics are saying bugger off. They make thousand of pounds by inserting them into vain women yet are not prepared to bite the bullet and remove them. The argument that these implants were certified safe doesn't mean they are not responsible, there is surely an a post op duty of care. If you buy a football match ticket and the floodlights fail we don't expect the Government to pick up the tab for the ticket refunds. Perhaps we should! In my opinion, if the clinics that are refusing to budge and leave it to the Government/NHS to pick up the tab then they should have their licence to operate revoked and be closed down. The partners of these clinics should also be banned from practicing elsewhere.

yes, and maybe the NHS should look at financial recompense from these clinics for the work being done.

Quite why the froggy manufacturers are not having to stump up the compensation is beyond me. Surely if you produce something that is not fit for purpose, then you must put it right. If you bought a car that was later found to have a design or materials fault, the manufacturer recalls the car and puts it right; they don't leave it for the AA to stump up the money to fix it.

I think that they went pop/bust just like the implants.
Not all women have these for vain reasons,some would be for health reasons and not all women can afford to have them removed.

I think that they went pop/bust just like the implants.
Not all women have these for vain reasons,some would be for health reasons and not all women can afford to have them removed.
People who had them for health reasons and used the NHS have already been told they will be replaced for free

Frustrates me when people bring up the free prescription in scotland. The Scottish part of the nhs is given a certain amount of money and they decide what to do with it. They decide to have free prescriptions but that just means they have less money to spend on other things. If they took the free prescription away their budget would still be exactly the same, it just so happens that this is the way they decide to spend their budget.

yes, and maybe the NHS should look at financial recompense from these clinics for the work being done.

No, because if they looked for recompence initially Joe Public pays for it through their tax. The clinics will still say bugger off and then we back at square one.

No, because if they looked for recompence initially Joe Public pays for it through their tax. The clinics will still say bugger off and then we back at square one.

You say Joe Public initially will pay for it through tax, but to be honest will our taxes rise as a result of this? probably not any more than they'll drop should the NHS receive monies from the clinics. It's certainly arguable that some services could be lost, but then some could be regained on receipt by the NHS of compensation. As to the clinics saying "bugger off", surely it'd be a matter for the courts to decide?

If it was done for health reason's then I dont have a problem with the NHS stepping in now. For all other cases either carried privately or on the NHS we should say yes the NHS will remove, but first sign this agreement that you will pay back all costs incurred for this procedure.

Then let them go back to their private hospital / supplier to get reimbursed themselves. Why the phuck should my tax pounds be spent reversing vanitity that has gone tits up, or in this case tits boom..:winking:

I don't see the problem the NHS doing what they should which is help people with illness, regardless how they got there.

If we start blurring cause and effect in healthcare, it's the thin end of the wedge - why not just stop treating obese people, people who smoke, people who drink, people who don't exercise?

Nail on head there napster. Having worked as a physio on the nhs for the last three years you look at many people and you can find a reason for their problems. People who have had strokes who don't exercise or who eat butter rather then marg, people in. A&E who have had one too many and fallen over. Should we refuse to treat these people as they have bought it on themselves. Obesity will cost the nhs a fair sight more then a few boob jobs and is a big reason why the nhs is struggling so much at the moment.

I don't see the problem the NHS doing what they should which is help people with illness, regardless how they got there.

If we start blurring cause and effect in healthcare, it's the thin end of the wedge - why not just stop treating obese people, people who smoke, people who drink, people who don't exercise?

One of the few sane posts on this thread.

A number of people have referred to women who have had these implants for non-health reasons as 'vain'. Do you know the meaning of the word?

Vain
Having or showing an excessively high opinion of one's appearance, abilities, or worth

The problem isn't vainity, it's a lack of it, contributed to by a society that values women with larger breasts over women with smaller. I'd wager a number of the people posting in this thread saying women shouldn't get their treatment paid for would, given the choice, choose a picture of a large breasted woman over one of a woman with small breasts (and not care whether they were fake or not).

You say Joe Public initially will pay for it through tax, but to be honest will our taxes rise as a result of this? probably not any more than they'll drop should the NHS receive monies from the clinics. It's certainly arguable that some services could be lost, but then some could be regained on receipt by the NHS of compensation. As to the clinics saying "bugger off", surely it'd be a matter for the courts to decide?

Playing devil's advocat for a minute, that is rather simplified. A lot of NHS Trusts are in debt, and massively in debt (a friend of mine works in the NHS, moving from one trust to another helping them with their finances). If they have to foot the bill for this then they will have to cut services elsewhere.

Moreover, with the Government about to move the cap on the amount of revenue NHS Trusts can earn from private healthcare from 2% to a staggering 49% I can see that an increase in debt caused by these trusts footing the bill for something the private sector caused will lead to them increasing the amount of private work they do in order to cover their costs. The knock on effect being even less NHS work being undertaken in the hospitals we all pay for.

I'd wager a number of the people posting in this thread saying women shouldn't get their treatment paid for would, given the choice, choose a picture of a large breasted woman over one of a woman with small breasts (and not care whether they were fake or not).

You're probably correct, but to me fake tits look just that...fake. They don't interest me at all.

Back