• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Getting onto Foulness Island?

Mighty Shrimper

Manager
Does anybody know how to obtain a permit to get onto foulness island and has anybody been on the island lately? We've been looking into our family history for a while now and discovered we had relatives on the island over 100 years ago and that they're buried at the church on the island so we would like to go and pay our respects.

For information on visiting Foulness Heritage Centre, call 01702 217836.

Google is an amazing invention. :winking:

Used to go onto the ranges many years ago to service the portaloos at each range. Needed a permit, vehicle check etc but that was entry at the MOD centre in Shoebury. I am sure you can just drive on now from the Wakering entrance. There is a village on the island and it's a fascinating place, much like the fictional Royston Vaysey. White City is great, a couple of old planes lying about.

I know RitchieC.had a lunchtime pint with his wife at the pub there a few years back.Had to phone up beforehand to get permission.You might want to pm him for details.

Does anybody know how to obtain a permit to get onto foulness island and has anybody been on the island lately? We've been looking into our family history for a while now and discovered we had relatives on the island over 100 years ago and that they're buried at the church on the island so we would like to go and pay our respects.

The road into the island is opened to the public in the afternoon on the 1st Sunday of each month, April to October for access to the island's heritage centre (well worth a visit) and to the church (which is next to the heritage centre)

Full details here:
http://mediafiles.thedms.co.uk/Publication/EE-Ess/cms/pdf/Foulness%20Heritage%20Centre%20leaflet.pdf

Any more question then please ask; my parents live on the Island.

Can't say I know much about Foulness Island, sounds like Craggy Island's brother.

Back